Tell us what to Sticky!

Swad

25 posts in this topic

I think the rules should be stickied in every forum, in some of them they are not visible. I'm sure IPB has something better than one sticky per forum, like global announces, or some way to put it on the header.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Yes you are... if it's more than a couple weeks old then it counts as dead.

Which means you're still post-whoring, regardless of the sticky status.

It's a sticky asking what to "Tell us what to Sticky!". It doesn't matter if this is a year old or 10 year old if it's a sticky it must still be relevant. And guess what, it still is. I just wanted to make that clear because I could just as easily have posted on a year old sticky.

But saying that I did think the post pcwiz made was unnecessary and in no way worth being a sticky. You just have to look at the number of replies it's got.

And finally pcwiz you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself if you didn't dig up loads of old threads. One or two for me is fine, sometimes you need to dig something up again. But you rose 10 or so from beyond the grave in one day - with noting valuable added. So just think twice before you decide to dig an old topic again please.

• 4 months later...
Yes you are... if it's more than a couple weeks old then it counts as dead.

Which means you're still post-whoring, regardless of the sticky status.

How about this one? Many users keep asking how to do set up those kinds of graphics gards and I made this threat to give a short and up2date answer.

:rolleyes:

<_<

What does that mean? If you say there already is this topic, I can just say that it is plain outdated. You do not have to do any kernel stuff in Leopard, nor do you have to mess with OpenGL.framework.

Colonel is implying on erbic's inaccurate and useless comment that just because this "Tell us what to Sticky!" post is old, you should not post anything on here and leave it stickied on this forum like a doorknob. I disagree obviously :P

I think that just like the wiki helps organize large amounts of information there should be a sticky thread for every mayor topic and within a link to the threads regarding the same topics. Example:

Motherboard specific installation guides / resources: (Sticky thread)

(within the sticky thread)

Intel BadAxe 2

10.5.2 installation guide by "user"

Sound Patching procedure by "user"

Gigabyte P35

10.5.2 Install guide + Resources by "user"

This way you could easy find threads on any specific problems. Just my 2cents!

• 1 month later...
If there is a thread that you feel should be made a sticky to answer common questions or concerns, post the title and the link here!

Can you sticky this thread on how to make grub boot Leopard using pc_efi

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=606752

Possibly it would be more easily found in the multibooting section than the tutorial (genius bar) section.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...