Can't see my SSD in Clover Bootloader

Rocketval

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! My pc specs are these:

Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF

mobo: Dell 042P49

cpu: i3-3240

gpu: hd2500 (will be added a new gt710 next week)

USB created with HackintoshZone restoreSierra from my macbook pro.

So, I've installed from usb after setting up (I hope correctly) the bios (legacy, uefi doesn't work properly I think) and, even if I've restarted after waiting so long when it said "less than a minute remaining", I can boot just fine into Sierra in my SSD ("Hackintosh") selecting, when I start/restart the pc, boot from Hackintosh.

Everything works fine except graphics (I know hd2500 is not supported so I just bought an used gt710 that will arrive next week), audio (it worked 2 times after setting with clover configurator, then it stopped) and ethernet (I think it's faulty, anyway I've a wifi dongle that works fine).

BUT if the usb created with restoreSierra.pkg is not connected I can see Clover bootloader but I can't see my SSD "Hackintosh" which is the drive Sierra is installed in.

I'm pretty sure something in post installation (Clover configurator -> Boot secton) is missing, these are the steps I made after the automatic initial setup:

Mount EFI partition of SSD (since is not mounted by default)
Install Clover EFI in order to install Clover Legacy.
Copy EFI folder from HZ usb
Delete EFI folder from EFI partition of SSD
Paste EFI folder from HZ to EFI partition of SSD

When I restart the pc w/o usb plugged I can't see the SSD, the space over the rounded icons is empty except from BOOT from EFI (and if select it it reload the same thing).

I hope someone could help me, this is my first step in hackintosh world skype_emoticon-0142-happy.gif

Have a nice day

Edited by Rocketval

Hi everyone! My pc specs are these:

Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF

mobo: Dell 042P49

cpu: i3-3240

gpu: hd2500 (will be added a new gt710 next week)

USB created with HackintoshZone restoreSierra from my macbook pro since the typical installation with ##### didn't work.

So, I've installed from usb after setting up (I hope correctly) the bios (legacy, uefi doesn't work properly I think) and, even if I've restarted after waiting so long when it said "less than a minute remaining", I can boot just fine into Sierra in my SSD ("Hackintosh") selecting, when I start/restart the pc, boot from Hackintosh.

Everything works fine except graphics (I know hd2500 is not supported so I just bought an used gt710 that will arrive next week), audio (it worked 2 times after setting with clover configurator, then it stopped) and ethernet (I think it's faulty, anyway I've a wifi dongle that works fine).

BUT if the usb created with restoreSierra.pkg is not connected I can see Clover bootloader but I can't see my SSD "Hackintosh" which is the drive Sierra is installed in.

I'm pretty sure something in post installation (Clover configurator -> Boot secton) is missing, these are the steps I made after the automatic initial setup:

Mount EFI partition of SSD (since is not mounted by default)

Install ##### in order to install Clover Legacy and fix audio (but it doesn't work anymore, IDKW)

Copy EFI folder from HZ usb

Delete EFI folder from EFI partition of SSD

Paste EFI folder from HZ to EFI partition of SSD

When I restart the pc w/o usb plugged I can't see the SSD, the space over the rounded icons is empty except from BOOT from EFI (and if select it it reload the same thing).

I hope someone could help me, this is my first step in hackintosh world skype_emoticon-0142-happy.gif

Have a nice day

The first step should be "read the rules". We do not support tonymacx86 as you can see by clicking on the ##### on your post.

• Like 1

Well, even distro's are against the rules. We get MacOS from the AppStore, nowhere else. But it isn't for me to apply forum rules, anyhow. 

------------

If we try to solve the problem, you might want to check if you got HFSplus-64 driver in Drivers64UEFI. If you don't, then try deleting vBox driver and replacing it for HFSplus. 

• 1 year later...

Please help me!

I install mojave on my asrock h81m-vg4  with ssd vanilla system.All work but I must boot with bootable usb beacose system dont see boot table on ssd.when I boot with usb stick all is ok.

Is it possible is bios,it is the last.i send pdf of motherbord please send me what i must check in bios.

Best regards 

Zoran,Croatia

H81M-VG4.pdf