ATI mobility X1300/X1400 -only

weichen

153 posts in this topic

For your interest: My Dell inspiron 9400 laptop with AtiX1400 and bios A09 with native widescreen of 1440x900 pixels. I used Kalyway 10.5.1 installation (cpus=1 ;) ); I tried all video solutions of this OSx86 forum but nothing works: MacOs has 1152x864 (4:3) and no widescreen!

For your interest: My Dell inspiron 9400 laptop with AtiX1400 and bios A09 with native widescreen of 1440x900 pixels. I used Kalyway 10.5.1 installation (cpus=1 ;) ); I tried all video solutions of this OSx86 forum but nothing works: MacOs has 1152x864 (4:3) and no widescreen!

Same here. I have Dell Inspiron 6400 with ATI1400 Mobility (T7200 Core2Duo). The "/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/info.plist" fix solution gave me a 1152x864 maximum resolution. Does anybody know if there is a setting for changing the aspect ratio of the screen?

The same for me. I tried everything.

Now I'm in Glasgow for study until June with my Acer Aspire 5562 (ATI Mobility X1400) and I miss my OSX at home :withstupid:

We all hope that we'll have working x1400 by June when you come back home =) Fingers crossed ! =)

Ok folks, here is what I do (Thinkpad T60 with ATI X1300 and 1400x1050)

@home I use Natit - works just fine on my EXTERNAL display (CI QE supported)

on the road I remove ATI* and NAT* from my Extensions dir, thus running in vesa but still in 1400x1050

works all right for me

Ok folks, here is what I do (Thinkpad T60 with ATI X1300 and 1400x1050)

@home I use Natit - works just fine on my EXTERNAL display (CI QE supported)

on the road I remove ATI* and NAT* from my Extensions dir, thus running in vesa but still in 1400x1050

works all right for me

OLD NEWS

We need internal display, no external

yeah i know it's old news. i just had the impression some ppl don't know that the can switch easily betwenn full hardware acceleration @home and limited vesa albeit full res on the road.

I just saw something on Apple Ireland:

<i>Refurb Xserve with 64-bit Dual-Core Intel Xeon - Apple Certified

Two 64-bit 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors

1.33GHz frontside bus and 4MB shared L2 cache per processor

1GB memory (667MHz DDR2 ECC fully buffered DIMM)

80GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive

<b>Built-in ATI Radeon X1300 graphics with 64MB RAM</b>

Mac OS X Server 10.4 Unlimited-Client Edition

• Save 16% off the original price</i>

So, probably there are some kext on the server edition available. I just checked: there is a Leopard Server edition. So, I think it might be worth to find out.

Who can check this out on an installed server?

So, probably there are some kext on the server edition available. I just checked: there is a Leopard Server edition. So, I think it might be worth to find out.

Yeah, that's exactly the point. The only place Radeon X1300 was used om macs is on Xserve, and therefore there was no internal screen support ever expected. So unless somebody with lo-o-o-o-ots of free time will write the radeon x1300 drivers for osx, (and I mean real divers, not inject .kexts, that make your system utilize the dirvers it already has), there will be no support for internal screen, cuz as mention before Caretta drivers just DON'T HAVE LVDS plug-in.

SO anyone eager to sit down and kill couple month to write drivers fot osx? Do not think so.

It's just easer to buy nvidia card, and sell radeon, or throw it in trash ))))

I just managed to compile the IOGraphics source code and it works for my T60 x1400 if replacing the two vanilla kexts: IOGraphicsFamily.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext with the compiled ones.

Yes, it only provides the same function as the vanilla kexts though the size is smaller.

So now the challenge is how to add ATI card specific operation into the source code and turn it into a Callisto thing for our X1300/X1400.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
T60 x1400 wide screen works on 1400x1050. qe ci on .but it is not 1680x1050 ,it is not Perfect .sad ~~

In Leopard or Tiger?

If Leopard... how did you manage to get 1400x1050? Are you able to change to lower resolutions?

:P

I just installed Leopard today and have been going nuts trying to get widescreen (1440 x 900). I am amazed to see that this post has been going on since 2006 and yet there is no support with these ATI displays.

I really hope someone can figure this out.

In Leopard or Tiger?

If Leopard... how did you manage to get 1400x1050? Are you able to change to lower resolutions?

:rolleyes:

:Din Leopard .

Laws thecom.apple.boot.plist ”like this

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400*1050@60</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>Yes</string>

;)in Leopard .

Laws the "com.apple.boot.plist "like this

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400*1050@60</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Ok.

I managed to change the resolution to 640x400, and 800x600 on the gray loadup screen(with the apple), but it crashed the video when the UI had loaded up. And I wasn't able to get a resolution higher than 1024x768.

Only thing missing for me is getting 1280x800... I have QE and CI, and the card is correctly recogised in system profiler.