Web drivers not picking up GTX 965M: Nvidia Chip Model 0 MB

maleorderbride

12 posts in this topic

Happy New Year all!

I am attempting to install Sierra 10.12.6 on a rather odd computer, a Microsoft Surface Studio. It is essentially a laptop with a 4.5K screen strapped on. I have the install done, but the internal (or external? I don't know how it is connected) display and the video card are not matching up once I enable the Web drivers.

I've attached two sets of files: one without Web drivers being enabled, and a second with Web drivers. Also attached are the dumped ACPI files in origin, as well as the EDID information from Windows with and without the monitor driver being installed, IOregs, complete Clover folders, and various other items. Let me know if you need something else.

Without web drivers enabled the built-in display works, but of course has no acceleration. It allows me to select between two valid resolutions (full 4.5K and 2.25K).

With web drivers enabled, I get a black screen (NvidiaFixup, plus manual editing of AGDP already done). I can remote in and I see the card as not recognized, and no valid display.

I've flailed about a bit and manually added some device properties, EDID, as well as NVCAP, loaded a different ROM, but all have met with no success. 

Anyone have any ideas on what to try? 

I had to add back in the SATA kext otherwise it would not boot. This computer has the SATA controller always set to RAID and cannot be changed in the BIOS, so that kext injects the deviceID otherwise you get "Still Waiting for Root Device." 

This Clover folder gives black screen on main display, and I can still remote in via screensharing. Attached are dumped files for this Clover.

Thanks!

I see AGPM loads now on Display A@0.

Also, I was incorrect earlier. I don't get a black screen with these attempts, instead (now that I've turned off verbose) I simply get stuck at 3/4ths of the progress bar. It never jumps to the second stage of the bootloader.

After 15 seconds or so my remote session picks it up, but the monitor itself stays at the progress bar (or with verbose output).

• 3 weeks later...