Ozmosis for 100 Series Skylake CPU's and up

ammoune78

169 posts in this topic

I use UEFItool 0.21.5 will lose the UEFI partition. But I use Windows 0.22.1 will not lose any uefi partition But ozmosis does not run on ASRock Z170 game K4, can not see the HFS installation partition. I also use MMtool can not run - delete the unwanted FFS ozmosis into it. I do not know why no I now bought a Z170Xgame 7 for testing

• Like 1

I've another mobo Asrock z170 game k4, I have tried myself, but cannot work! It not have enough rom to insert Ozm files, so sad! Could U have a look? thx

Here's:

Z17GK47.10.zip

I use UEFItool 0.21.5 will lose the UEFI partition. But I use Windows 0.22.1 will not lose any uefi partition But ozmosis does not run on ASRock Z170 game K4, can not see the HFS installation partition. I also use MMtool can not run - delete the unwanted FFS ozmosis into it. I do not know why no I now bought a Z170Xgame 7 for testing

Can you try inserting Btrfs + ExFat + EmuVariableUefi-64 + HfsPlus on the top of the nested volume like the picture above?:

post-334538-0-85997000-1516281853_thumb.png

No this ASRock ROM doesn't have security image lock, just flash it normally using F6 or from BIOS Setup, also disabling CSM is needed only for Entry level motherboards, just set Defaults Settings and try booting!

i5 7400 has no effect still can not see the HFS partition whether it is a local hard disk or flash drive  

I don't know if Kabylake cpu's are supported but it's for Skylake, but try different bios settings and see if it change something to allow you see the HFS+ partitions

Any particular advice for apfs in ROM?

• Like 1

I don't know if Kabylake cpu's are supported but it's for Skylake, but try different bios settings and see if it change something to allow you see the HFS+ partitions

Have you had ozmosis installed the system? likeGA-Z170X-ULTRA GAMING.F23g

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH F22d

GA-Z170X-UD5 TH F23f

GA-Z170X-Designare F23d

GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 F22c

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 F22i

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EK F22i

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU F22i

GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 F23c

GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 F23c

GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra F23e

GA-Z170X-Gaming GT F22c

GA-Z170X-SOC FORCE F20

Ok, and should be placed in a particular position? (i.e. befor or after other xxxx.ffs)

On the top before or after btrfs or hfsplus

Sent from ammoune78's iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello All 

First of all I would like to say thank you ammoune78 this looks very interesting.

I have been a long time lurker around these parts not posting much. I have a quo that has served me very well but is getting a bit long in the tooth. A few months ago I built myself a new hack with a GA-z170n-wifi great little machine but I would like to get Ozmosis on it. The problem is it has 64 Mbit bios chips tell me if I am crazy but does anybody think it would be possible to replace these with 128 Mbit chips. I found this on eBay BIOS-CHIP-for-Gigabyte-GA-Z170N-WIFI-GA-Z170X-UD3-GA-Z170X-Gaming-5-142000224814.html would the chips be a completely different size I would expect so but very hard to find information. If possible it would be great if someone with a supported z170 board could measure the BIOS chip. This would be greatly appreciated, call me crazy but it might just be possible.

Thank you all 

No not crazy yet Hhhh, but before that step you have to contact CodeRush over twitter, and this master will tell you it's doable or not, because the problem isn't in the chip you want to buy itself, no, the problem is that ROM file is 64 Mb programmed by the Manufacturer, so if you just put it in that 128 Mb chip it will have 64 Mb free space while the ROM can't grow up, because of that file size security lock! 

If so Ozmosis is loaded fine, just change BIOS settings, you should see there HFS+ drives, if no, you only maybe have to change that HfsPlus.ffs, but try changing bios settings!

Excuse me, but I don't have 1151 chipset right now to help people, I've tested this chipset one month and half before doing this guide, and the hardware was sold  :(

If so Ozmosis is loaded fine, just change BIOS settings, you should see there HFS+ drives, if no, you only maybe have to change that HfsPlus.ffs, but try changing bios settings!

Excuse me, but I don't have 1151 chipset right now to help people, I've tested this chipset one month and half before doing this guide, and the hardware was sold  :(

Refresh bios interface can identify HFS + partition but F12 can not see any efi shell also shows the name of the partition that identifies HFS + But ls can not see any file Is HFS +. Efi problem?

• Like 1

Refresh bios interface can identify HFS + partition but F12 can not see any efi shell also shows the name of the partition that identifies HFS + But ls can not see any file Is HFS +. Efi problem?

I did not understood, when you see the HFS+ drives, you have to put SSDT's given above to the EFI partition of that drive on it's Load folder, you have more work to do now! But I Assur that if macOS installed you're done! I guaranty that to make Ozmosis work on 1151 chipset is little bit difficult not same as other chipset, but it works!

I did not understood, when you see the HFS+ drives, you have to put SSDT's given above to the EFI partition of that drive on it's Load folder, you have more work to do now! But I Assur that if macOS installed you're done! I guaranty that to make Ozmosis work on 1151 chipset is little bit difficult not same as other chipset, but it works!

I see inside the Q-Flash HFS + partition but not seen in F12 So there is no way to guide the installation disk

From bios settings select that HFS+ partition that appears in boot override and press enter to boot from

Sent from ammoune78's iPhone using Tapatalk