z370-g / 1080Ti Dual monitor boot issue

bifterx

4 posts in this topic

Hi There

Followed the fantastic Glasgood guide to build my 8700k / z370-g / 1080Ti machine. Pretty much flawless procedure and works a treat. I have one issued that has cropped up during use.

I use a dual monitor setup, Primary monitor in the HDMI port and secondary in the DVI-D port on the 1080Ti. When booting with both monitors connected, it gets half / two thirds through boot progress then goes to a black screen and occasionally throws the prohibit symbol. Take out the second monitor, re-boot - it comes up absolutely fine. I can then plug in the second monitor and it works flawlessly - goes to sleep, wakes up fine.

Anyone come across this?

I have installed the DSDT and part from this boot problem everything else seems flawless.

Cheers

rob

post-2351905-0-15599500-1514724133_thumb.png

post-2351905-0-45160200-1514724143_thumb.png

Hi There

Followed the fantastic Glasgood guide to build my 8700k / z370-g / 1080Ti machine. Pretty much flawless procedure and works a treat. I have one issued that has cropped up during use.

I use a dual monitor setup, Primary monitor in the HDMI port and secondary in the DVI-D port on the 1080Ti. When booting with both monitors connected, it gets half / two thirds through boot progress then goes to a black screen and occasionally throws the prohibit symbol. Take out the second monitor, re-boot - it comes up absolutely fine. I can then plug in the second monitor and it works flawlessly - goes to sleep, wakes up fine.

Anyone come across this?

I have installed the DSDT and part from this boot problem everything else seems flawless.

Cheers

rob

Test to see if your card is reading the other monitor after booting with only one plugged in by hot swapping it after boot. If your Hack reads the second monitor after boot then its probably a BIOS configuration issue. I had to set Boot -> CSM to Enabled in the BIOS contrary to Glasgood's guide to get my Hack to boot with multi-monitor support on my Z370-E. You'll suffer form lower resolution in Clover but it should allow you to boot while more than one port is plugged in.

However on my 1060 6GB SSC I have issues with multi-displays after sleep and occasionally on full reboot which require me to unplug all ports but the DVI-D and disconnect the power source for about 15 seconds to cycle down the mother board as it holds a charge (again seems more like a BIOS issue with my card than a Hack issue).

• Like 1