Greetings! I've been wrestling with this build for about a week now and have it near golden, but I am struggling with the Nvidia graphics card; I purchased the GeForce Gtx 1060 6GB SSC because is was recommended as the go-to card by the TonyMacx86 community on all of their Customac builds, but there doesn't seem to be much support for the card itself. I understand that Nvidia web drivers are relatively new and come with their own issues but I am reaching out to see if anyone has managed to squash these bugs.
- Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E
- Intel Core i7-8700k
- EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
- (3) Elite Display E221 (3 Display Port)
The setup is based on Glasgood's build with the following alterations:
- BIOS Settings
- PRIMARY DISPLAY = PCIE
- System Drivers
- [FIXED] System wont boot into GUI while multiple monitors are connected
- [FIXED] Glitching and Artifacts during system utilization, randomly
- See Issue 1
- [BUG] Glitching and Artifacts when waking from sleep while one monitor is in use.
- Turn the monitor OFF and then back ON again
- Log out and back in again (use the keyboard shortcut "Shift + Opt + Cmd + Q")
- [BUG] Black screens when waking from sleep while multiple monitors are in use; no recovery.
- NO SOLUTION
- [FIXED] Stuck at BIOS loading screen when booting up while multiple monitors are in use; no recovery.
- [BIOS] PRIMARY DISPLAY = PCIE
- [BUG] RehabMan's FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext is not reporting correctly (static/maxed values)
- NO SOLUTION
ATTEMPTS MADE, NO SOLUTION
- Custom DSDT
- Disable Hibernate
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage sudo chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage
- Updated to the latest version of macOS
- 10.13.2 (17C205)
- Updated to the latest kexts
- NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext v1.2.1
- Lilu.kext v1.2.1
- Updated to the latest version of Nvidia Web Driver & Cuda Driver
- 104 (17C205)