Machine won't sleep

magichands

52 posts in this topic

Hi all. Can somebody provide any tips on how to fix a sleep issue with my machine? Everything is working perfectly except for sleep. When I put the machine to sleep, the monitors turn off but the machine stays on, fans on full and case LEDs still lit up like the machine is still on. Wriggling the mouse or mashing keys doesn't do anything to "wake" it (I don't think it's actually asleep) and the only way to recover is to do a hard reset.

I've been browsing around but I haven't yet seen somebody with the same issue so here we are. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

• Like 1

I applied a complete solution DSDT

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDAS to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BLC0
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN
-USBX
-PMCR
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI

U can check other things, cosmetics in AboutThisMac/PCI

check ioreg if NATIVE PM work now

• Like 2

Thanks MalD0n of the super quick fix. Could I ask if the fix similar on 10.12? I'm running on haswell and have not unable to get the cpu to sleep for the longest time. Seeing this post renews some hope for my rig. When it goes to sleep, monitors off but cpu, fans, hdds remain on. However, I'm still unable to put it back from "sleep" but tapping any key, a little better than magichands initial situation. 

I've attached my tables, ioreg, and clover. If you have anytime to spare at all, I would be grateful for your help. Thanks.

CLOVER.zip

Send me doncharltontan’s iMac.zip

doncharltontan’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

Thanks MalD0n of the super quick fix. Could I ask if the fix similar on 10.12? I'm running on haswell and have not unable to get the cpu to sleep for the longest time. Seeing this post renews some hope for my rig. When it goes to sleep, monitors off but cpu, fans, hdds remain on. However, I'm still unable to put it back from "sleep" but tapping any key, a little better than magichands initial situation. 

I've attached my tables, ioreg, and clover. If you have anytime to spare at all, I would be grateful for your help. Thanks.

CLOVER.zip

many mobos ASRock have hard problems with sleep

Remove appleintel1000 kext for lan, use mieze lan kext

use only my clover folder with kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other

Hi MaLd0n,

I've replaced my kext folder with kexts from your clover folder /other but the result is still the same - system remains awake while display goes to sleep. I am able to get the display to wake with any keyboard/mouse keypress.

• Like 1

for the strangest reason, the command was left running for a few min and returned nothing, looks like it can't find what it was looking for. On my macbook, massive amount of logs were returned as the system scan through the logs.

My new IOReg is attached. Thanks once again. 

where is ioreg? :D

Hi MaLd0n,

I have problem with "sleep" function too after upgrading the BIOS. I cant figure out what is wrong.

Can you please help? thank you! please see attached of my folders. i have removed all kexts to make it fit into size limit

what hardware?

Hi MaLd0n,

I have problem with "sleep" function too after upgrading the BIOS. I cant figure out what is wrong.

Can you please help? thank you! please see attached of my folders. i have removed all kexts to make it fit into size limit

replace full folder, dont add nothing, just replace

CLOVER.zip

check only if u use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

test usb without FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

if u need use only kexts for wifi, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext

send me new ioreg after reboot

• Like 1

where is ioreg? :D

what hardware?

replace full folder, dont add nothing, just replace

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

check only if u use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

test usb without FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

if u need use only kexts for wifi, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext

send me new ioreg after reboot

4790K @ 4.8Ghz 

Asus z97i-plus

Nv 1060

Hi MaLd0n,

Thank you for fixing the DSDT for me. And it works perfectly now. FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is needed for my front panel USB to work for some reason.

HDMI audio works until i fix 892 again in patch.

One more thing, I never had the same performance as Sierra 10.12.6 , Geekbench drops from 19500 to 19000. Cinebench OpenCL drops from 126 to 112?

Is it normal for high sierra?

MX’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

4790K @ 4.8Ghz 

Asus z97i-plus

Nv 1060

Hi MaLd0n,

Thank you for fixing the DSDT for me. And it works perfectly now. FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is needed for my front panel USB to work for some reason.

HDMI audio works until i fix 892 again in patch.

One more thing, I never had the same performance as Sierra 10.12.6 , Geekbench drops from 19500 to 19000. Cinebench OpenCL drops from 126 to 112?

Is it normal for high sierra?

Use this version instead FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, if u have other version UsbInjectAll, use it  

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

Many ppl talkin' about it, i dont see any diff in my x99, same performance, Web Driver i prefer for Sierra

ioreg is good

Hi all,

my conf is Asus P8P67 Mobo, i5-2500k, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640. using Nvidia web drivers.

Using my pathed DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml (created with piker script). Drop OEM SSDT in Acpi config. 

AICPM seems implemented.

If I go in sleep mode it takes some time (20 sec) to sleep then monitor and fans shut down.
When I press any button to wake the fan restart but monitor still black.
then I cannot wake up the pc and have to push shutdown button to reset and restart the machine.
Have seen log but no kernel panic or (seems to me) messages after the sleep (simply there are no log messages). 
With Sierra i remember i've got no sleep problem.
Thanks for you help,

CLOVER.zip

Send me francesco’s iMac.zip

pmsetassertion.txt

francesco’s iMac.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

Hi all,

my conf is Asus P8P67 Mobo, i5-2500k, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640. using Nvidia web drivers.

Using my pathed DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml (created with piker script). Drop OEM SSDT in Acpi config. 

AICPM seems implemented.

If I go in sleep mode it takes some time (20 sec) to sleep then monitor and fans shut down.
When I press any button to wake the fan restart but monitor still black.
then I cannot wake up the pc and have to push shutdown button to reset and restart the machine.
Have seen log but no kernel panic or (seems to me) messages after the sleep (simply there are no log messages). 
With Sierra i remember i've got no sleep problem.
Thanks for you help,

u use web driver or native apple driver? btw idk if web driver work in Line 6xx Nvidia

CheckCLOVER.zip

• Like 1

Thanks MaLd0n,

I'm using nvidia web drivers and they seems to work. In attachment you can find all my non apple loaded kext.

I've tried your clover folder but the problem persist. Now with your solution the fan wake up only pushing the power button. The screen remain black. I forgot to say that the PC after the sleep and the "wake of dead" is unreachable by the network.

I've done hundred of trying.

Hope you can find a solution.

Thanks a lot

post-936631-0-82977900-1514648511_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,
the problem for me persist (with your clover too). In your opinion is related to AICPM or video card?
Thanks for any help. I'm loosing my mind on this (i love sleep function, i'm tempted to roll back to sierra).
Thanks in advance!

yes

i have one Sandy here, ill test it and report for u.

MaLd0n, really thanks! Work like a charm! :)

Welcome!

Enjoy!

• Like 1