Try this lint to get your atheros 5xxx working
http://forum.insanel...p;hl=disk image

ive scene enough

ive scene enough

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
ok, i posted this in a 3680 thread, but i'll cross reference it for others ease of use.

i have a acer aspire 3680, which after i modifed the plist and added this 5005s dev ids it didnt work. networkpreferences file would not show up.

this acer has a hardware switch on the front of it, to turn on and off the wifi, hold this switch down while you turn on the computer and for me at least, it keeps the wifi on and OSX will work with it great.

odd but true.

Hasan

Hasan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Is there anyone who allready figured out the "atheros5424.cpp:480 loaded unsuccessfully" error?

All the kexts load fine in osx.

HWID
168c,13

Intel 855PM notebook

UltimateGordita

UltimateGordita

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm using a Netgear WG311T Wireless Card and have so far applied this guide to my Hacintosh (I'm triple booting, Ubuntu, Windows XP, and OSX). I used the first part of the guide to replace Kext and repair file permissions/settings. No results took place. Read further in for a section in which Mattieu said didn't work the second time but after he repaired Extensions.kextcache it did. So, I repaired the kextcache and low and behold I now have the Airport Logo top left finder bar, but there seems to be no interaction with it.

Help is appreciated.

Again, I'm using a Netgear WG311T Wireless Network Card
Sata HDD 30 GB reserved for Mac
P5B Plus Motherboard
E6600 Processor

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

I'm using a Netgear WG311T Wireless Card and have so far applied this guide to my Hacintosh (I'm triple booting, Ubuntu, Windows XP, and OSX). I used the first part of the guide to replace Kext and repair file permissions/settings. No results took place. Read further in for a section in which Mattieu said didn't work the second time but after he repaired Extensions.kextcache it did. So, I repaired the kextcache and low and behold I now have the Airport Logo top left finder bar, but there seems to be no interaction with it.

Help is appreciated.

Again, I'm using a Netgear WG311T Wireless Network Card
Sata HDD 30 GB reserved for Mac
P5B Plus Motherboard
E6600 Processor

sounds like you've got a problem with airport not being en1. try editing the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, so that the Atheros interface is en1, and has integer value 1.

<dict>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en1</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>
<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>IOLocation</key>
<string></string>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
ABbOATB3
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>
<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PCIB@1E/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@5/AirPort_Athr5424/AtherosInterface</string>
</dict>

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Is there anyone who allready figured out the "atheros5424.cpp:480 loaded unsuccessfully" error?

All the kexts load fine in osx.

HWID
168c,13

Intel 855PM notebook

I got the same error. Do you have "soft-witch" to enable your wireless card? My spec in my sig.

Hasan

Hasan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I got the same error. Do you have "soft-witch" to enable your wireless card? My spec in my sig.

Yes I do

jMac

jMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Ok, got atheros 5005 MiniPCI working, also using 10.4.7 JaS.
edit: please note you have to have your wireless/airport device as en1, in my case my built in ethernet takes en0 so it works out fine. (make change in /library/systemconfiguration/networkinterfaces.plist)

• Download the official Intel 10.4.5 update from Apple (98MB) (http://www.apple.com...45forintel.html)
  • Backup your /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext
  • Extract the IO80211Family.kext from the 10.4.5 update (using pacifist?)
  • open finder to /System/Library/Extensions
  • drag the kext from 10.4.5 update into the /System/Library/Extensions folder
  • enter passsword when prompted
  • open the disk utility (/Application/Utilities/Disk Utility), then repair permissions on your Startup volume (may take a little while)
  • open up terminal, and switch to root (enter sudo -s, enter your user password)
cd /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 IO80211family.kext
chown -R root:wheel IO80211family.kext
then list the contents
ls -l
make sure the IO80211Family line looks like this:
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  102 Feb  2  2006 IO80211Family.kext
check that the permissions propagated to subdirectories:
cd IO80211Family.kext/contents/plugins
ls -l
should look like this:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  102 Feb  2  2006 AirPortAtheros5424.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  102 Feb  2  2006 AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext
then test that the extensions works:
kextload AirPortAtheros5424.kext
should give a extension loaded successfully message

then you have to go to System Preferences>Network
a message should pop up telling you you have a new AirPort. from the Show: box, pick AirPort. you can set the options here, i suggest you check the Show airport status in menu bar, make sure you click apply now.

There you have it, fully working native Atheros card! :(

ok, i've tried and tried, but everytime i kextload, it wont load. i've done the following steps over and over. it shows the permissions are correct before i try to load it, but when i press enter, it just takes me back to the same command line, nothing about successfully loading the kext. i'm stumped

gzshy

gzshy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It seems working on my laptop, but when the "loaded successfully" comes, the LEDs on PCMCIA card are flashing, means it's looking for the wireless network, at this time my computer is freezing and doesn't work any more, when I unplug the PCMCIA card it will be fine and no problems.

PCMCIA wireless card: TP-WN510G with 168c:001a
cardbus: Toshiba ToPIC100

Anybody have the same problems? how to slove it? thanks in advance.

halonapster

halonapster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
HI
Im have an acer aspire 3680, and i just installed mac os x86 10.4.9 Jas (i dont remember the name of the original torrent) and i have spent hours trying to make my internal atheros work with x86 but all unsuccesful.... i have tried matt-hieu ergost... tutorial, and i got a succesfully loaded message but still i cant use the atheros. Also the sistem/library/systemconfiguration/networkinterfaces.plist doesnt exists and i also search it on /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/networkinterfaces. and still it doesnt exist. I also found another post of matt-hieu ergost saying "deleting the /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache and then doing either a kextcache -e or kextcache -k fixed it". I dont understand what commands or where to put them. What can i do? i really want to use the internet on my lap!!!!!!

Please help me. I wolud like also to know if it is possible to use the built un ethernet.

tnx

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

HI
Im have an acer aspire 3680, and i just installed mac os x86 10.4.9 Jas (i dont remember the name of the original torrent) and i have spent hours trying to make my internal atheros work with x86 but all unsuccesful.... i have tried matt-hieu ergost... tutorial, and i got a succesfully loaded message but still i cant use the atheros. Also the sistem/library/systemconfiguration/networkinterfaces.plist doesnt exists and i also search it on /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/networkinterfaces. and still it doesnt exist. I also found another post of matt-hieu ergost saying "deleting the /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache and then doing either a kextcache -e or kextcache -k fixed it". I dont understand what commands or where to put them. What can i do? i really want to use the internet on my lap!!!!!!

Please help me. I wolud like also to know if it is possible to use the built un ethernet.

tnx

I have same acer model, but you maybe with different hardware. I have run "ioreg -l | more" in terminal (search for ethernet) and I can see my ethernet & wireless detected, but still can't recognize by System Profiler. So, still not working. I don't know what is going wrong, PCI-express bus or the driver itself. :D

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I have an Atheros AR5007EG in my Acer Aspire 3680-2633 Laptop, I have not been able to get it to work at all. It has the vendor ID of 168c, and device ID of 1c. I'm trying to use it on a 10.4.8 Jas install, and have also tried using the 10.4.5 kexts. Can someone help me out? Thanks

you need to
1. download the IO80211Family.kext.zip file posted by TheTimster.
2. copy your original IO80211Family.kext file located in System/Library/Extensions someplace safe.
3. drag drop the new file into your Extensions folder.
4. open up the Terminal application and start typing the following lines.

5. sudo -s
6. (your password)
7. rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
8. rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

9. open up the Disk utility
10. hit repair permissions.
11. reboot.

it should work perfect 4 you now.

pjpunk

pjpunk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
newbie here ... how do you change en0 to en1? I think this is the obstacle to stopping my AR5006x from working properly. I've done everything else, and no go.

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

newbie here ... how do you change en0 to en1? I think this is the obstacle to stopping my AR5006x from working properly. I've done everything else, and no go.

in terminal, type:
sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

look for:

<dict>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en1</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<false/>
<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>IOLocation</key>
<string></string>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
ABbOATB3
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>
<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PCIB@1E/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@5/AirPort_Athr5424/AtherosInterface</string>
</dict>

so find the section that refers to Atheros (italics in this example)
and change the numbers in the string and integer sections (bold) from whatever number to 1. also make sure no other interface in the file has an integer "1" or string "en1".

thgupznk2

thgupznk2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I've accidentally replaced my IONetworkingfamily.kext with an old version from a backup folder. With this version there's always a error when I try to do that:

kextload AirPortAtheros5424.kext

How can I get the right version of IONetworkingfamily.kext back? I've got 10.4.8.

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

I've accidentally replaced my IONetworkingfamily.kext with an old version from a backup folder. With this version there's always a error when I try to do that:

How can I get the right version of IONetworkingfamily.kext back? I've got 10.4.8.

extract it from your 10.4.8 DVD or update pkg, copy it into /System/Library/extensions, repair permissions

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

I attached here IONetworkingFamily.kext kext file from Mac OS X 10.4.8

Attached Files

thgupznk2

thgupznk2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thank you very much!!!!

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

We have the same exact chip so the method that worked for me should work for you.
I had truble when I first tried it due to all my playing with it so I had to reinstall the original OSX 10.4.8 IO80211Family.Kext file, type in some commands (I forgot), fix permissions and reboot. I then installed the Timster's file, followed his instructions to the letter, rebooted and Vola it worked. Alturnativly you could format & reinstall OSX and try it from scrach. I see no reason why it should not work for you too after that.

http://forum.insanel...p;hl=TheTimster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy