Atheros AR5005(G)

motroxx

347 posts in this topic

Has anyone found a way to get past the dependency errors some are having? I have quite a few (8), the airport icon is showing up, but I cant add or enable it without getting past these errors.

I have the same error

please, help....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've formatted and reinstalled the system believing that a software I've installed from OrangeWare was making some difference.

Now I get a "bus error" while executing some commands on terminal (take a look at this other topic: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=43441).

After reinstalling mac os x 10.4.8, I've updated AirPort Extreme Update 2007 from apple.com (I've downloaded it, since I gotta come to Win XP to get connected to Internet).

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to set this thing up since dec 05 :P

Thanks!

what puts me crazy now is the fact that the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist does not exist anymore after I reinstalled the mac os x.

or better

it exists since I tried to open it on nano and, as it didn't really exist on the folder, I created it.

the problem is that even if I FORCE the existence of this file, nothing goes nice as I expect when I kextload io80211blabla stuff (and happened to some). how it was created before I reinstalled everything?

ergosteur, gimme a help buddy, I've sent you a private message... you're under the same core 2 duo as me.

after doing it since early morning, all I need and deserve is a heavy plate of rice, bean and a fat beef.

:)

• 5 weeks later...
As to the AirPort "not able to turn on", switch the En0 to En1 and En1 to En0, you will find some error message in the console log if it doesn't work. ie: SystemUIServer[112] Error: ACInterfaceCreate() no AirPort interface found for en1

Sorry, but how to switch between en0 and en1? Do I have to do it in Terminal?  Which commands?

Many thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Can anyone with a Thinkpad X60(T) who successfully configured Leopard with Atheros post their NetworkConfiguration.plist and their Atheros5424.kext/info.plist? I've been hacking and reading for hours, but I always seem to get "Airport: Not Configured"...

Thanks,

AD

I have an atheros AR5212 a/b/g mini-PCI card, and after trying the Atheros method at the beginning of this thread using the 10.4.5 IO80211 kext and everything, and now my network preferences show an AirPort option, but it is permanently turned off. Clicking the turn on button does nothing, and I havent found a solution yet.

I'm using the new AMD Leopard 10.5.1, ToH kernel

/wireless vendor id is 168c /device id is 0013

so where do i go from here?

Just bought my atheros AR5005 off ebay last night, should be here soon, will let yous know if i have any luck getting it to work, my intel pro wireless 2100 failed with the patch - it totally {censored}ed up my system. With the press any key to restart message. I have 10.4.8 on my system, will this work? Has anyone tried it on 10.4.8?

Thanks Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have tubegirl 10.4.10.

I have a atheros AR5007EG on my Acer Aspire 5102Awlmi.

I've tried the tutorial in the 1st post of this subject and its not working.

so, i've paste the new kext file and repair etc... but when i'm in the terminal. when i do the first chmod it says no permission. and when at the end when i try to load the kext it says you need to be in the root folder to load the kext file.

so my wireless is not working.

Can someone help me

thanks

I have an atheros AR5212 a/b/g mini-PCI card, and after trying the Atheros method at the beginning of this thread using the 10.4.5 IO80211 kext and everything, and now my network preferences show an AirPort option, but it is permanently turned off. Clicking the turn on button does nothing, and I havent found a solution yet.

I'm using the new AMD Leopard 10.5.1, ToH kernel

/wireless vendor id is 168c /device id is 0013

so where do i go from here?

Hey man, i was in the same boat today, just installed tn Atheros Card (but mine is ,1014) anyway i was getting the exact same thing, turn-on did nothing, then i tried this. When you reboot with -f, instead of turning it on, try 'apply' first. Then try to turn it on, for some reason this worked for me!

I had hard time to fix my Atheros problem too, I tried almost everything, but then found a solution herehttp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0317&st=180look the post of bc909 , and try his method. It worked for me really well.. byei forgot... I followed only the last part of the procedure since my card was recognised, but couldn't be turned on , as written here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry635945

Hello all, i resently upgraded from 10.4.8 to 10.5.2 via the kalaway 10.5.1 DVD, then used the kalaway 10.5.2, upgrade. Anyways, most everything works on my Toshiba M105-S3004 Laptop. I got the Atheros AR5BXB6 Wireless A/B/G card working on Leopard 10.5.2, if you have one of these cards please dont use the IO80211Family.kext file, Apple changed the AirportAtheros5424.kext to AirportAtheros.kext, also i noticed that there were a few device's listed in here, but mine was not, so i just went a head and added my device, in my case it is <string>pci168c,1014</string>. then i closed the terminal and went into disk utility repaired permissions and restarted, apon restart i noticed the airport icon on the top bar, then i clicked on it and went to the network configuration, my card was listed as a airport extreme card i was happy, but when i tryed to turn the card on it would not turn on, so i went to the advanced tab for the card, then i added my wireless network in, saved changes and closed the windows, then the card suddenly turned on and connected to my network, i can now see other networks too and i can connect to them too.

so you need to edit the IO80211Family.kext:

waht i did so i did not run into any permission issues is i copied the IO80211Family.kext to the desktop, then i showed package contents, whent into the contents folder, then the plugins folder, then showed contents on the AirportAtheros.kext, then went into the contents folder, then oped info.plist in the text editor and added my card string, then i saved the file, all i had to do was enter my password to save the file. then i just copied the kext file back to the extensions folder and bam, i did get 2 message windows poping up saying that the IO80211Family.kext was insatlled improperly and {censored}, but just ignore it. then repaird disk permissions and do what i stated in the above paragraph and it should work for you, im not sure about other cards.

I hope you dont get confused reading my post, im in the middle of my programming classes and now i need to go, i hope it works for you.

Hello all, i resently upgraded from 10.4.8 to 10.5.2 via the kalaway 10.5.1 DVD, then used the kalaway 10.5.2, ...... if you have one of these cards please dont use the IO80211Family.kext file, Apple changed the AirportAtheros5424.kext to AirportAtheros.kext, a

so you need to edit the IO80211Family.kext:

waht i did so i did not run into any permission issues is i copied the IO80211Family.kext to the desktop, then i showed package contents, whent into the contents folder, then the plugins folder, then showed contents on the AirportAtheros.kext, then went into the contents folder, then oped info.plist in the text editor and added my card string, then i saved the file, all i had to do was enter my password to save the file.

Hi Thanks !

But in short:

Which IO80211Family.kext have you used to edit ? (can you upload it, it its not in kalway 10.5.2 Combo)

dose this work for kalyway 10.5.1 ???? some dude closed my forum and sent me here.....some one explain it to me like if some one was talking to a 5 year old can some one post a kalyway 10.5.1 Atheros AR5005 step by step instruction ????

Ok, here are the steps to getting the AR5BXB6 Atheros wireless card working in OS X 10.5.2, kalyway DVD.

Step 1:

sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Step 2:

add in your string mine was :<string>pci168c,1014</string>, i just added it to the top of the list

<array>

<string>pci168c,1014</string> <------- this is where i added the string above all the other ones.

<string>pci106b,0086</string>

<string>pci168c,1c</string>

<string>pci168c,23</string>

<string>pci168c,24</string>

</array>

Step: 3

After you add your string hit CNTL-O so save then CNTL-X to close.

Step 4:

Go to the disk utility and repair disk permissions, then reboot. After you reboot, go to the Control Panel and go into the Network, it will come up and say new network adapter or something like that found. but for my setup, the airport card was turned off, it would not let me turn it on by clicking the button.

Step 5:

Go to the preferences for the airport card and enter your wireless network manually, save and close that window, close out of the network window, when i closed out of that stuff the airport card turned on by itself and connected to my network, thus after i can see any network and connect to any network, the card even works in kisMAC.

Hope this helps.

I case you dont want to go to the hassel of editing it your self i will attach my IO802llFamily.kext to this post, but you still will have to edit the kext file anyways.

kg6uyz

I am assuming the kext was from the 10.5.1 install, if it was not found on the 10.5.2 update.

how do i find my string code ?

how do i know the one you added is the same as on my Acer aspire 5610z laptop ????

and is this for kalyway 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 ?? im so confused.

im intrested in the 10.5.1 one.

ok i did it i changed evrything like you said my string code is PCI186,1a but nothing seemed to be popping up in the network thing im getting tired of this what else guys ? ive been going to evry forums and nothing... ;)