Atheros AR5005(G)

motroxx

347 posts in this topic

I have Acer TravelMate 2482 with atheros 5005G(vendor 168c, device 001a). After installing kext from post 272 it works somehow - it is detected in System Profiler:

Wireless Card Type:	AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x418)
 Wireless Card Locale:	Unknown
 Wireless Card Firmware Version:	0.1.31.1
 Current Wireless Network:	wireless network not available

and can scan and display available networks.

But when i try to connect to network it says 'Connection failed'

In dmesg I see following messages:

AirPort_Athr5424: Ethernet address 00:16:cf:50:64:f7
unable to start recv logic
ath_chan_set: unable to restart recv logic

I've tried kismac cheat with no results.

Any help?

• 3 weeks later...

When I type ls -1, the 80211 kext files does not show up as "drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Feb 2 2006 80211Family.kext" but it only shows up as 80211Family.kext

and for the next step, it doesn't come up as

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Feb 2 2006 AirPortAtheros5424.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Feb 2 2006 AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

but it just comes up as

AirPortAtheros.kext

AppleAirportAtheros5424.kext

does anyone know what the problem is? I've been at this for close to five months with no help.

I have an Atheros AR5B91

Thanks in Advance.

I have a Dlink DWL-G510 rev B (Atheros AR5005G 802.11abg 168c 001a). I was able to get this working out of the box when I installed iDeneb v1 and selected the Atheros WiFi adapter during custom install.

Hope this helps.

If anyone needs the install package...here it is!

Atheros.pkg.zip for wireless.

---

FYI, before reformatting, I had the same issues where the card was detected, but I couldn't "turn it on". Now it works flawlessly :P

Спасибо огромное! Завел на Hakintosh 10.5.6 Retail адаптер Wi-Fi TrenDnet TEW-441PC_443PI (Atheros AR5005GS)

Has anyone got the ar282x drivers in iPC 10.5.6? I got my wifi card working in 10.5.2 kalway with the killswitch and everything but i cant get it to work on 10.5.6 iPC. Is there a way i could copy the kext over? If so which should i copy over?

Well playing arround I found a way to make work with a lattest version of IO80211Family.kext (ver 2.1.4) for 10.5.6 I hope this one works for you. tested with a 10.5.6 and vanilla, on a tp-link tl-wn551g (168c,001a) (atheros 5005g) PCI.

Sometimes sleep works, but if not, you have to deactivate airport before sleep....but almost times works fine.

EDIT!!!

Solved at all use Wireless Sleeper, just add to autorun programs at users startup items , now allways sleep without a problem download here

Can you repost the download for IO80221Family.kext for 10.5.6 the one listed will not decompress

Hello, I have tried with different kext, always the same error

Atheros AR5005G 168C,1a

Ideneb 1.4 (10.5.6)

unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3

start [/sourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros5424/AirPortDriverAtheros5424-102.4/src/driver/AtherosController.cpp:412] loaded unsuccessfully

Can anyone help ??? The driver is loaded but I don't see the interface... !!!

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm searching for a workaround or a driver for an atheros AR5005G Wlan-Card (in a Laptop)

Is there any solution to get it running?

Thanks!

Well I'm here again, with a new io80211kext for the new 10.5.7 don't forget to reapir permissions, seeya guys

I have a Thinkpad T60 with an Atheros card in it. By using the old Tiger IO80211 kext, I was able to get native Airport support for the card. At first the only real problem seemed to be that I had to use Network Diagnostics to connect to an encrypted network, but my connection always seemed slow and flaky. Ping tests revealed 5% - 20% packet loss to my wireless router (D-Link DIR-628), whereas under Windows the packet loss was 0%. I've tried WEP, WPA, 802.11a and g, but nothing seems to improve the situation. 20% packet loss will sort of work for casual browsing, but is unacceptable for about anything else. Has anyone else run into this, or do I have a unique problem?

I've tried installing the driver, but it keeps freezing my system upon reboot. It registers the driver ok - as in it loads it - but it will not finish booting. I thought maybe it was in the NetworkInterfaces.plist, so I adjusted it there to en1 - the airport port - but it froze still. It did recognize it when I installed it from the OS, but it installed to en3 which wouldn't be recognized by airport. Does anyone have any tips for me to get this card working in my system on en1 without it freezing? I have a P35 chipset abit board with two integrated realtek LAN's and am also using a USB Zydas 1211 dongle as well.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I have a Dlink DWL-G510 rev B (Atheros AR5005G 802.11abg 168c 001a). I was able to get this working out of the box when I installed iDeneb v1 and selected the Atheros WiFi adapter during custom install.

Hope this helps.

If anyone needs the install package...here it is!

Atheros.pkg.zip for wireless.

---

FYI, before reformatting, I had the same issues where the card was detected, but I couldn't "turn it on". Now it works flawlessly :D

worked for me too, i can see networks now, but whenever i put in my password it wont let me connect, but at least i can see the networks :)

oooh i fudged up...

i did a software update, not including the the big system update, but there was an airport update... how do i get it back to where i was so i can just use the atheros package from this thread and get it workign again?

please halp?

• 4 weeks later...

i tried to get the AR5005G working on a retail 10.5.7 the whole day.

was close to the solution by using this tutorial, but airport didnt accept the password to the wpa network.

did anybody here have success in 10.5.7 yet ?

I have the same problem. My wireless network is WPA encrypted and my wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN551G. It has Atheros AR5005G chipset (I don't know whether it's chipset or something else,I'm not sure) on 10.5.7. I tried with the command from terminal and it shows me: Error obtaining wireless information. When I type the password in AirPort I get this message: Connection failed. What should I do?

I have the same problem. My wireless network is WPA encrypted and my wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN551G. It has Atheros AR5005G chipset (I don't know whether it's chipset or something else,I'm not sure) on 10.5.7. I tried with the command from terminal and it shows me: Error obtaining wireless information. When I type the password in AirPort I get this message: Connection failed. What should I do?

you can try to connect using networks diagnostics tool. Just press Assist me in networking preferences and Diagnostics there. Then simply follow instructions from the system

• 2 weeks later...

So I was working fine until I upgraded to 10.5.8. Now it shows no Airport card installed and the mac address is empty. The system still sees the card but it says the driver is not installed.

I tried reinstalling the driver but still have the same problem.

Anyone else upgrade?

So I was working fine until I upgraded to 10.5.8. Now it shows no Airport card installed and the mac address is empty. The system still sees the card but it says the driver is not installed.

I tried reinstalling the driver but still have the same problem.

Anyone else upgrade?

Had the same problem with. Add a new location and try to connect again. It didn't work in the first place. After connecting successfully I reverted back to "automatic" and removed the new location.

I am not quite sure about this "new error" but I know, it's not related to the driver.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

My Atheros WLan PCI card stopped working after 10.5.6, I used an old router to bridge me to the WLan instead. Though this was suboptimal for several reasons, as the kext (skge) is buggy as hell, and P2P software etc couldn't get ports open, and so on.

After I installed Chameleon 2.0 RC2 the WLan started working normal again.

I don't get why that is, but it is stable since. Maybe it comes from the option to mark the network adapters " Internal "?? I wouldn't know.

It just works :))

• 2 weeks later...