What the hell is going on

theconsumer1

5 posts in this topic

I recently posted about an issue I was having with my system just logging me out randomly and shutting me down. The instability was a nightmare. Instead of wasting my time with the tragedy if an OS that high sierra is, I decided to wipe my drive. And revert to 10.12, because it ran flawlessly.

I installed 10.12. Copied my 10.12 backed up Config files.

And the same {censored} is happening. Only this time, I'm getting a nice kernel panic too.

So not only does high sierra not work, but neither does Sierra all of the sudden. Could someone kindly explain to me what the f*** kind of sense any of this makes.

Unfortauntely, this could be my dying day of hackintosh

Thanks

I recently posted about an issue I was having with my system just logging me out randomly and shutting me down. The instability was a nightmare. Instead of wasting my time with the tragedy if an OS that high sierra is, I decided to wipe my drive. And revert to 10.12, because it ran flawlessly.

I installed 10.12. Copied my 10.12 backed up Config files.

And the same {censored} is happening. Only this time, I'm getting a nice kernel panic too.

So not only does high sierra not work, but neither does Sierra all of the sudden. Could someone kindly explain to me what the f*** kind of sense any of this makes.

Unfortauntely, this could be my dying day of hackintosh

Thanks

High Sierra likes to install extra Preboot files in the EFi and may be creating a second EFi partition or use the Root of the drive.     Try deleting/erasing the drive and instead of selecting macOS journaled try Fat32 ( windows) and erase then erase again using macOS journaled format.   That was the only way for me to eradicate the same issue that I had, it is very frustrasting.    

Hi,

Thanks for the reply to both of you.

I'm unbelievably frustrated. I had a similar idea. So I did wipe all the drives again. Even wiped in various formats. Went back to 10.13 installer. Figured I would try and do 10.13 again but no APFS since it caused me headaches before.

Well, I just did a fresh install and I before installation finishes, I get "mac os could not be installed on your computer. The path systen/installation/packages/osinstall.pkg is missing or damaged.

Doesn't make any sense at all to me. The exact USB was used to install high sierra many times.

Something is up. Will try and post config files soon. Open to ideas.

Thanks

Also, yes I'm almost certain my OC is stable. I ran prime 95 earlier this week and it appeared to have no effect on the issues.

• Like 2

The path systen/installation/packages/osinstall.pkg is missing or damaged.

I think anyone that has loaded HS a few times has run into that issue, Check your clover config.plist Symbios.   I ran into a brick wall with this issue on my pentium g3258, and by chance I loaded a fresh and latest clover, then edited the symbols using clover configurator to a MacBook Air 9.1 definition and it has been rock solid for every update form HS 13.1 to 13.3 dev beta.    

Use clover configurator to change your symbios if you have an existing serial number that you want to keep save it and you can replace it later, but try a new definition to get past that error.   Make sure you use the latest version of clover as well and remove any EFI backups folder version of clover.