Dell Latitude E6420 - Sierra10.12.5 (Sound level button and level different)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Fantome1S

Fantome1S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi,

I just finish to install macOS Sierra on a Dell Latitude E6420 with clover. The only two problem I still have is when my MacOS finish to open and is ready my sound level is at maximum (this make me jump on the chair if I not think before to put if down before play a song) if I can adjust it to a very low level for always at every boot it will me great. The sound level on top right of the bar not match with the level I adjust with the three keyboard button for sound. Another thing is when I adjust the brightness of the screen I have no brightness level indication in the center of the screen and I dont even had the icon on the top right.

Thanks in advance

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Hi,

I just finish to install macOS Sierra on a Dell Latitude E6420 with clover. The only two problem I still have is when my MacOS finish to open and is ready my sound level is at maximum (this make me jump on the chair if I not think before to put if down before play a song) if I can adjust it to a very low level for always at every boot it will me great. The sound level on top right of the bar not match with the level I adjust with the three keyboard button for sound. Another thing is when I adjust the brightness of the screen I have no brightness level indication in the center of the screen and I dont even had the icon on the top right.

Thanks in advance

You can try this kext, it's what i use without any issue, for brightness icon use this kext. If you need more recent files i can update them.

Fantome1S

Fantome1S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

You can try this kext, it's what i use without any issue, for brightness icon use this kext. If you need more recent files i can update them.

I tried the two kexts ( the audio and the one for brightness icon). what I get by adding those two kexts was the audio working with headphone by now (before headphone audio was not working) but I not get the brightness icon and the sound level on computer start still at the maximum level. Maybe with the recent files you speak this will work...

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Why don't you post your Clover EFI folder for us to have a look? AppleHDA should only require the IDT 92HD90 patch that goes in pair with the dummy IDT kext:

Find: 8419D411
Replaced by: 00000000
Find: 8A19D411
Replace by: 00000000
Find: 8B19D411
Replace by E7761D11

Attached File  AppleHDA_IDT90HD92.kext.zip   9.87KB   0 downloads

In DSDT, HDEF audio device should have a _DSM method that injects layout-id 12.

Add CodecCommander kext if you then experience issues switching between loudspeakers and headset, like no actual switching.

Attached File  CodecCommander.kext.zip   24.47KB   0 downloads

Retaining audio volume level at boot time probably requires setting this properly in NVRAM. Never bothered to look into that but worth Googling...   ;)

Regarding brightness control, it normally works OOB without any add-on kext. Fn-UP/Fn-DOWN will also normally allow you to adjust brightness without the macOS on-screen level display. For that, you need to use Fn-Insert (to increase brightness) and Fn-F3 (to decrease brightness).

The DSDT normally contains the appropriate PNLF device to support brightness control.

Fantome1S

Fantome1S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Why don't you post your Clover EFI folder for us

here it is https://expirebox.co...bb4998900d.html

if you can help me to fix the brightness icon, the sound start level at max and the not match value level with the slide you will make my day. Thks in advance 

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I tried the two kexts ( the audio and the one for brightness icon). what I get by adding those two kexts was the audio working with headphone by now (before headphone audio was not working) but I not get the brightness icon and the sound level on computer start still at the maximum level. Maybe with the recent files you speak this will work...

The kext for brightness control probably needs some DSDT edits alternatively I can give you an DSDT patch where you don't need the kext. With the UEFI mode you have the same volume and brightness level after a restart.

Save and upload your IOReg for further debugging.

Fantome1S

Fantome1S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The kext for brightness control probably needs some DSDT edits alternatively I can give you an DSDT patch where you don't need the kext. With the UEFI mode you have the same volume and brightness level after a restart.

Save and upload your IOReg for further debugging.

https://expirebox.co...b90e5ccc5d.html its my second hackintosh. My first laptop hackintosh I was surprised that I was able to make work everything else but still a little unhappy I was not able fixing these thing by myself because apparently the E6420 was so easy to make work everything they say on the web that why I buy one used. 

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Y

Your bootlog shows me that you use a Latitude E7450, is that right? Also the codec device-id is different, and you've added the script to the ACPI folder instead the generated SSDT for your CPU. 

Fantome1S

Fantome1S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Y

Your bootlog shows me that you use a Latitude E7450, is that right? Also the codec device-id is different, and you've added the script to the ACPI folder instead the generated SSDT for your CPU. 

I confirm you that I use a E6420 Dell Latitude (with the GPU) I probably installed a kext that changed the model in the info I dont know if its possible and I tried a script to fix the brightness or the sound I dont remember with one... At the start I tried installing El Capitan its was not working after I tried the new High Sierra: not working too. I finished trying install Sierra with no expectation at all and its worked (the essential thing but not these 3 small problems)  :)

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

I confirm you that I use a E6420 Dell Latitude (with the GPU) I probably installed a kext that changed the model in the info I dont know if its possible and I tried a script to fix the brightness or the sound I dont remember with one... At the start I tried installing El Capitan its was not working after I tried the new High Sierra: not working too. I finished trying install Sierra with no expectation at all and its worked (the essential thing but not these 3 small problems)  :)

Do you mean IGPU ?, the DSDT has a lot of changes regarding brightness, my kext will definitely not work. For Audio i've changed the layout-id to 0 that you can use my AppleHDA, remove the AppleHDAIDT.kext an try it.

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   15.6KB   4 downloads

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,206 posts

Is this a model with nVidia graphics or just Intel HD3000? I'd removed the IntelBacklight kext if I were you. Your DSDT does not have any PNLF device so it's going to be difficult to have brightness control...

Your Clover ACPI config is incorrect considering it tries to load several SSDT files that do not exist in your ACPI/patched folder.

You also use MBP8,2 SMBIOS; you should use MBP8,1.

I would recommend you use this guide to build your E6420:

http://forum.osxlati...s-clover-guide/

This old guide has a bootpack with a DSDT for a HiRes E6420 and it does contain a PNLF device...

http://forum.osxlati...-lcd-mavericks/

You may also look at this E6220 guide where you'll find lots of details re: specs + Sierra setup.

http://forum.osxlati...-capitansierra/

Fantome1S

Fantome1S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Is this a model with nVidia graphics or just Intel HD3000? 

You also use MBP8,2 SMBIOS; you should use MPB8,1.

thks for your reply. its the one with the Nvidia graphics and if I changed to MPB8.1 I loose the control of my usb mouse and loose the sound too the icon of sound become grey... his it possible to tweak it to get almost every possible features works or I have to remake a full install. Theres a lot more things to do that I was thinking to make it works well. Too bad there not a full video tutorial of the complete installation for my model.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,206 posts

Look up the guides at OSXL.

Personally, I run all my Hackintoshes, including my E6220 and E6230 on Enoch. I have the NVRAM module installed and this retains my audio output level at reboot/restarts. You have to get NVRAM working to achieve this on your E6420.

Fantome1S

Fantome1S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Look up the guides at OSXL.

Personally, I run all my Hackintoshes, including my E6220 and E6230 on Enoch. I have the NVRAM module installed and this retains my audio output level at reboot/restarts. You have to get NVRAM working to achieve this on your E6420.

Was sure Clover was the best boot loader from what I see on the web maybe I should try Enoch but its will be a pain to reinstall everything without knowing if everything brightness icon will work, hdmi,vga, sound button... 

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,206 posts

I'm not suggesting you run Enoch, I was merely stating that I happen to run it with the NVRAM module and my audio settings are kept in NVRAM. Then again, switching from Clover to Enoch or vice-versa does not require a re-install.

Bottom line is stick with Clover but setup NVRAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy