10.13.1 Not Updating - Random Restarts?

theconsumer1

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

Essentially, I have no idea what the hell is going on with my build. My system automatically updated my build, which I assume is the 10.13.2 update. Problem is, it never fully updated. Ever since, my system randomly logs me out or reboots. Its entirely random and happens about every 20 - 30 minutes.

THEN, only sometimes, when I reboot, I am logged into an update screen where it says "MacOs could not be installed on our computer - The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall appears to be missing or damaged".

So, I have no idea what is going on with my build but I'm looking for any help I can get.

-Updated to latest FAKESMC

-Removed emuvariableuefi

-did not update Lilu.kext or NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

See attached files. 

Thank you

Hi,

So I attempted to download and install the 10.13.2 combo update externally via a download from Apples site.

Still arrived at the same result. However, I did boot into this OS Install partition, which I never even noticed before. And I was given an error log.

It is attached.

This is so damn frustrating!

Hi,

So I attempted to download and install the 10.13.2 combo update externally via a download from Apples site.

Still arrived at the same result. However, I did boot into this OS Install partition, which I never even noticed before. And I was given an error log.

It is attached.

I can't see any attach

Hi,

It is attached.

I experience the same problem. I solved it by deleting lilu kext.

• Like 1

Hi,

Tried deleting Lilu.kext and Nvidia Graphics Fix up,

Did not solve issue. System is incredibly unstable. Reboots constantly.

The log is attached for pigg.

One note: I updated Nvidia Drivers for 10.13.2 already, could that be an issue???

Thanks

attachicon.gifInstaller Log 10-Dec-2017.txt.zip

I see some kernel panic on the log but didn't see the end. You may need to re-install macOS and set SIP to enabled by default

That makes no sense. SIP was required to be disabled for Lilu.lext or NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext if I remember correctly.

Can I not just change SIP to disabled?

High sierra is nightmare of an OS. Any reinstall will be back to 10.12

SIP disable because the older version needs to be installed to /S/L/E/, since High Sierra upgrade security. You can only install at /EFI/kexts/other, and if you install your kext at EFI, you don't need SIP