Help Please. Can't get it to boot after new drive install

zonker

4 posts in this topic

I had 2 Sata drives going bad and had to replace them. I am running OSX.6.8 on a gigabyte EP35-DS3R mobo. It has been great for years. Tried to go to 10.7 but said "could not be installed on this machine".

Anyway, I used drive genius to duplicate the drive that was going bad and could not be repaired through disk utility. It booted once and everything was there. I duplicated the other drive and now my hack won't boot and gets stuck at "verifying DM pool data" on startup. BIOS hasn't changed. Only duplicated the drives but now it gets stuck. I don't know what to do and don't want to lose everything by doing a fresh install on a wiped drive. What's missing? Any help is appreciated.

I had 2 Sata drives going bad and had to replace them. I am running OSX.6.8 on a gigabyte EP35-DS3R mobo. It has been great for years. Tried to go to 10.7 but said "could not be installed on this machine".

Anyway, I used drive genius to duplicate the drive that was going bad and could not be repaired through disk utility. It booted once and everything was there. I duplicated the other drive and now my hack won't boot and gets stuck at "verifying DM pool data" on startup. BIOS hasn't changed. Only duplicated the drives but now it gets stuck. I don't know what to do and don't want to lose everything by doing a fresh install on a wiped drive. What's missing? Any help is appreciated.

Maybe your system definition isn't supported in 10.7, are you using Chameleon or Enoch?   Try Chameloen Wizard to upgrade your system definition?

where can I find these SMBIOS profiles you talk about? Like I said, it booted fine with Snow Leopard until I duplicated the drives. Now it gets hung up at "verifying DM pool data" before it ever gets to the screen that allowed me to choose which mac drive I wanted to boot from. I need to get it to boot before I can even attempt installing a newer version again. It's like the bootloader is missing now. When I look at the BIOS  settings and go into "Hard Disk Boot Priority", the drives aren't showing but in the Windows BIOS, they are. I created a new BIOS profile duplicating the windows one and changing the necessary stuff but still gets hung up at the same spot.

I can't check my chameleon. Won't boot into the mac drive at all. At first boot up when you can hit "esc" etc to get into bios config, it hangs at "verifying DM pool data". Won't get past that. Guess I'll have to get a new HDD and install clean to get to the rest.