Trying to get Intel HD 4600 + GTX 650 to work... Any ideas?

iammodus

1 post in this topic

Hello there,

a while back I tested El Capitan on an old computer, and had a pleasant first impression. So, I decided to take a spare hard drive and install EC using Clover on my main PC.

The installation went fine, no problem. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ran fine, installed all kexts OK.

I still don't have the Wi-Fi kext (TL-WN722N), apparently someone did one but I have to build it myself. I'll get to that on another moment.

Now, the main issue I'm having is getting both displays to work. Unfortunately, both displays turn out to have only VGA input.

So, I have an i7-4790, with Intel HD4600 integrated graphics, plus a discrete Gigabyte GTX 650. Because the discrete card only has one VGA out, I need to enable the iGPU too in order to be able to use the second port. On Windows, this works fine. Both displays get along without issues.

OS X is a different story though. Only the GTX 650 works. It has full hardware acceleration so that's no longer an issue.

I'm trying to get the integrated graphics to work at the same time, so I can have both displays operative just like Windows.

Things I've tried:

FakePCIID

IGPlatformID

Taking out the discrete GPU. It hangs at boot. Only works in safe mode, but of course that's no use.

Setting iGPU as Primary, and here's where things get really weirdThe computer boots (Apple logo with loading bar) on the HD4600's monitor, but then this display freezes and the login screen appears on the 650's screen. I attached a screenshot in which I try it with verbose mode, but mind you a normal boot is no different. It really seems like the OS just wants the NVIDIA GPU as primary regardless of my Clover settings.

So, any ideas on how to get this working?

post-2242553-0-91515200-1512655644_thumb.jpg