• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

bbmatias3

bbmatias3

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

For me the kext did not work as is, having still the sleep / wake issues - however I used the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and edited the Info.plist to change CFG_FB_LIMIT from 0 to 5 (the number of my card's ports) - and now the sleep/wake issue is resolved. Combined with RadeonDeInit and I'm back on track. 

The other option is to use WhateverGreen and a patch to change the value - but that's a bit more involved. Hopefully Clover will incorporate the patch by default at some point. Attached the modified kext if someone needs it and is too lazy to change the value :)

nice what gpu are you using? 

derailed_spark

derailed_spark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

XFX RX 580 8GB

bbmatias3

bbmatias3

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

XFX RX 580 8GB

nice i will give it a try i have the exact same card!

before you got it to work what was your pc doing when you try putting it to sleep?

derailed_spark

derailed_spark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

The display would turn off, but system fans kept running. It did not respond when attempting to "wake" it. In fact it never fully went into sleep mode. Only solution was to reboot.

nice i will give it a try i have the exact same card!

before you got it to work what was your pc doing when you try putting it to sleep?

bbmatias3

bbmatias3

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

The display would turn off, but system fans kept running. It did not respond when attempting to "wake" it. In fact it never fully went into sleep mode. Only solution was to reboot.

thats currently the issue im facing 

camillionario

camillionario

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

all perfect, native installation and Clover 4334.  Thanks Sherlocks :wink_anim:

Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2017-12-08 a las 0.32.37.png   961.38KB   6 downloads

bbmatias3

bbmatias3

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Are you using lilu and whatevergreen?

derailed_spark

derailed_spark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Are you using lilu and whatevergreen?

No, I'm using Clover r4334 with "RadeonDeInit" setting checked in the graphics tab. No WhateverGreen.

bbmatias3

bbmatias3

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

No, I'm using Clover r4334 with "RadeonDeInit" setting checked in the graphics tab. No WhateverGreen.

I deleted whatever green used radeondeinit
Place the kext you uploaded and placed in s/l/e
Getting same issue with sleep. It just hangs
And I’m using the latest clover you mentioned

Matgen84

Matgen84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Apple Mac, PC

Updated via macOS update installer downloaded from apple's web site.

How and where download macOS update installer from Apple's web site?

Thanks

Hi

I update apfs.efi to 10.13.2 version. Is there any way to disable the verbose boot that apfs.efi chucks out before the Clover boot menu. I don't have this issue with previous version (but I delete it)

Thanks

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

10.13.2 combo update

https://support.appl...US&locale=en_US

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

Thanks

Hi

I update apfs.efi to 10.13.2 version. Is there any way to disable the verbose boot that apfs.efi chucks out before the Clover boot menu. I don't have this issue with previous version (but I delete it)

Thanks

The APFS logs could be removed with using CmsVideoDxe.efi or you can use the log free versions of the APFS.efi

I'm not sure if it works with the latest version of the APFS.efi but it's worth to try

look here:

http://www.insanelym.../page-3?hl=apfs

Matgen84

Matgen84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 291 posts

The APFS logs could be removed with using CmsVideoDxe.efi or you can use the log free versions of the APFS.efi

I'm not sure if it works with the latest version of the APFS.efi but it'w worth to try

look here:

http://www.insanelym.../page-3?hl=apfs

CmsVideoDxe.ef is already installed on my system. I will try mod apfs.efi

Thanks

Edit: work very well with perl patch

vanquybn

vanquybn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

After updated sound does not working on headphone but internal speaker, hdmi work fine.

cyberdevs

cyberdevs

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 2,543 posts

CmsVideoDxe.ef is already installed on my system. I will try mod apfs.efi

Thanks

Edit: work very well with perl patch

Usually short after when apple pushes the updates in App Store they will add the full installer in their support/download page you can find the updates there

https://support.appl...downloads/macos

I always download the Combo update and then install it on my Macs and Hacks.

derailed_spark

derailed_spark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I used the kext in the EFI partition (CLOVER/kexts/Other/) ... however that should not make a difference as s/l/e/ should work too (but you can try) . To verify if AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext does it's job issue the following command :  ioreg -lw0 | grep CFG_FB_LIMIT . You should get: CFG_FB_LIMIT"=5 in that output string. If you get CFG_FB_LIMIT"=0 it means the kext did not load properly.

Other options I used in Clover for graphics are: 0x59120003 for ig-platform-id (no other options except RadeonDeInit).

I deleted whatever green used radeondeinit
Place the kext you uploaded and placed in s/l/e
Getting same issue with sleep. It just hangs
And I’m using the latest clover you mentioned

Nightf4ll

Nightf4ll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

For me the kext did not work as is, having still the sleep / wake issues - however I used the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and edited the Info.plist to change CFG_FB_LIMIT from 0 to 5 (the number of my card's ports) - and now the sleep/wake issue is resolved. Combined with RadeonDeInit and I'm back on track. 

The other option is to use WhateverGreen and a patch to change the value - but that's a bit more involved. Hopefully Clover will incorporate the patch by default at some point. Attached the modified kext if someone needs it and is too lazy to change the value :)

Can confirm, this one works on my RX480 too. Is there any other way to set the CFG_FB_LIMIT besides using this kext?

Stabi

Stabi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Can confirm, this one works on my RX480 too. Is there any other way to set the CFG_FB_LIMIT besides using this kext?

Yes, all (?, most?) of these modifiers of the AMD9xxxControllers can be put in DSM methods within your GFX0 device in your DSDT or a SSDT.

An example are the various SSDTs which are implementing the wakeup fix (what Clover's RadeonDeinit does) or the sample SSDT which vandroiy2012 linked to some pages ago: https://github.com/v...nual/Sample.dsl

Matgen84

Matgen84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 291 posts

Usually short after when apple pushes the updates in App Store they will add the full installer in their support/download page you can find the updates there

https://support.appl...downloads/macos

I always download the Combo update and then install it on my Macs and Hacks.

Thanks for this link  :)

Nightf4ll

Nightf4ll

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Yes, all (?, most?) of these modifiers of the AMD9xxxControllers can be put in DSM methods within your GFX0 device in your DSDT or a SSDT.

An example are the various SSDTs which are implementing the wakeup fix (what Clover's RadeonDeinit does) or the sample SSDT which vandroiy2012 linked to some pages ago: https://github.com/v...nual/Sample.dsl

I never understood how to inject those SSDTs... Change the "Sample.dsl" to match my GPU card and convert to .aml with(macIasl) and put in EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched ???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy