Ryzen 7 1700 with B350 tomahawk (arctic), halting before system boots

Alber96

1 post in this topic

Hello,

After 1 and a half day of research, trial and error I could install Mac OS High Sierra on my system, or at least that's what I thought...

So first things first, my system:

As you can read from the title I'm trying to install MacOS on Ryzen 1700 with my MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic, I'm running a GTX 1080 as my graphics card and I think that last piece has something to do with the error I'm facing.

I followed this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/328795-amd-ryzen-high-sierra-install-guide/, which has this link with a guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-24?do=findComment&comment=2519914 , so I basically made this steps:

- Downloaded high sierra from apple store.

- Created a bootable flashdrive as indicated.

- I took the first file on the first link and copied the prelinkedkernel.

- Copied the PostInstall and PreInstall folders inside the Install High Sierra USB from the file on the second link.

- I've put there the Kernel and Extensions folder too (inside PostInstall if I can remember correctly, from the first file)

- Then I installed the last clover at that moment (r4318) with UEFI boot and the OsxAptioFixDrv (this one gave me problems on its version 2)

- And then as I tried many combinations and all of them failed I ended up doing this:

· Took the kexts from the second file and copied them to folder Other, they were just: FakeSMC, Lilu, NullCPUPowerManagement,           NvidiaGraphicsFixup, NVWebDriverLibValFix (this last two were from the video inside the link of the second link), System,                       USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA

· Then I took the file config_nvdisable.plist from the video I said and replaced the config,plist

That made the USB boot correctly although not smooth (normal as I wasn't using any graphics card at all with the nv_disable=1).

Then I fixed an issue with the drive I wanted to use: it was fully formated as exFAT and there was nothing inside it, but the disk utility gave me errors all the time, complaining about not enough space inside the disk (it was an empty 500 gb drive), I had to create an EFI partition of 400 MB and format it so the disk utility could erase the disk correctly and create its partitions.

Then I could install it, I then ran the pre install scripts, booted up the drive and it installed succesfully (although it took quite some time and got stuck on the beginning for like 10 minutes).

After that I booted up from USB, ran the post scripts and rebooted so I could start my fresh installed Mac, but it get to a point where it spits some message I can't even take a picture of or look at them because they disappear too quickly and then the computer reboots itself, so I can't even reach the boot logo or the login screen.

I attach a screen of the last message I could take a picture of, I could read something about power management on the last error message, but I'm not sure.

So... How should I proceed? I usually google out the error and push really hard the keyboard with my head until I finally fix it, but now I can't see any error at all...

Is it graphics related? If so what can I do?

EDIT: I made a video with my phone and then I could see the new error (attached new image), it seems related to the CPU, it complains about power management and an unknown CPU family. I googled it and most of the answers were complaining about FakeCPUID or permissions, so I guess it has something to do with the post scripts not working or with the kexts.

EDIT2: Finally got everything working. Use the XLNC image from amd-osx.

If you need any log, the CLOVER folder or whatever please just ask for it.

Thanks in advance,

AlbeRCLife.

post-1600358-0-43730100-1512432166_thumb.jpg

post-1600358-0-50345900-1512488654_thumb.png