• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

caused the computer freezed when press fn+arrow or fn+f3/insert. took a few reboot early to get back on.

That's a good sign, it seems that the code does something. But your DSDT is a mess, you've added the WMI device to the wrong place. Other code is missing.

Here is the DSDT from Slice, with the brightness code it is probably the same, try it. But, I recommend you to create a new DSDT with the brightness code.

Attached File  DSDT.aml_SLICE_brightness.zip   21.24KB   2 downloads

Trung_Nguyen

Trung_Nguyen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

That's a good sign, it seems that the code does something. But your DSDT is a mess, you've added the WMI device to the wrong place. Other code is missing.

Here is the DSDT from Slice, with the brightness code it is probably the same, try it. But, I recommend you to create a new DSDT with the brightness code.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml_SLICE_brightness.zip

I couldn't try it because it cause the screen black(brightness=0)

Trung_Nguyen

Trung_Nguyen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

System abrupt when press Fn Arrows with this DSDT(I try to edit the dsdt that i received from osxlatitude). I couldn't patch the dsdt from beginning.

Attached File  DSDT-2.zip   35.35KB   1 downloads

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

System abrupt when press Fn Arrows with this DSDT(I try to edit the dsdt that i received from osxlatitude). I couldn't patch the dsdt from beginning.

attachicon.gifDSDT-2.zip

Maybe your laptop needs other codes, try it with the WMI kext below, it's a debug version. Look at the Console.

I think it's better to patch a new DSDT, press F4 @Clover menu and upload the DSDT.

Attached File  IOWMIFamily.kext_debug.zip   56.35KB   1 downloads

Trung_Nguyen

Trung_Nguyen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Maybe your laptop needs other codes, try it with the WMI kext below, it's a debug version. Look at the Console.

I think it's better to patch a new DSDT, press F4 @Clover menu and upload the DSDT.

attachicon.gifIOWMIFamily.kext_debug.zip

Here is it:

Attached File  origin.zip   29.67KB   1 downloads

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

You've not said anything about the WMI kext. Hopefully i've made enough changes to make it work. If not all devices are working we can add them later, for now we are looking after the brightness keys.

Attached File  DSDT_E6230.zip   18.54KB   2 downloads

Trung_Nguyen

Trung_Nguyen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

You've not said anything about the WMI kext. Hopefully i've made enough changes to make it work. If not all devices are working we can add them later, for now we are looking after the brightness keys.

attachicon.gifDSDT_E6230.zip

the IOWMIFamily produce no logs with my old DSDT

Thanks

attachicon.gifDSDT_E6230.zip

WOW, the brightness arrows work like a charm. Does disable Fn+F3/Insert to brightness possible?

VidMirror seams map to Command+P because when I press it in Safari, It invokes the print dialog.

Trung_Nguyen

Trung_Nguyen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

The display seems darker than the dsdt from osxlatitude, even at the max brightness. Could you please fix that?

Update: Fixed with Rehabman's Brightness Fix(HD3000/HD4000) DSDT patch

wern apfel

wern apfel

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

the IOWMIFamily produce no logs with my old DSDT

Thanks

WOW, the brightness arrows work like a charm. Does disable Fn+F3/Insert to brightness possible?

VidMirror seams map to Command+P because when I press it in Safari, It invokes the print dialog.

The display seems darker than the dsdt from osxlatitude, even at the max brightness. Could you please fix that?

Update: Fixed with Rehabman's Brightness Fix(HD3000/HD4000) DSDT patch

That's great. To reassign your keys, you have to find out if they are controlled by scancodes, or ACPI, like the brightness keys and reassign them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy