Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Ok, so here's the full rundown of my situation:

- I set up a clean install of JaS's 10.4.8 DVD.

- I downloaded the Natit Dual kext.

- I did all the terminal commands to install the natit kext.

- I can boot in to OSX fine and set the display resolution to what ever I want.

- However when I go in to system profiler it says I dont have CI/QE support.

- I moved the Geforce.kext back in to the Extentions folder and did the kext cahce stuff, and after that added my device ID to the IOPCIMatch key.

- I tried 0x039110de and 0x039110de&0xfff0ffff nothing happened, and (before i knew how the 0x0000ffff worked, i tried that and got a panic)

- I have done full re-installs of OSX to restore the original setup, and tried differant configurations/installs of natit. (is there a quicker way to restore to normal after a panic?)

My System is:

- Nvidia Gefore 7600GT by PNY (has 2 dvi ports, i use a dvi->vga adapter for my samsung syncmaster 710n)

- AMD Atholon 64 X2 3800+

- ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe

Have I overlooked something or not done something correctly? I know it is possible to get this card working, because other people are doing it!

post-120131-1184031806_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm running uphuck v1.3 (10.4.9). My system works fine,but i can't change to a higher resolution :) If i install Natit drivers ,awhen i reboot the monitor goes on stand-by for ever.

tested on analog only. Any ideas how to change resolution?

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7146

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 ( in windows 1280 x 1024)

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Hi All!

Can somebody help me with Samsung X50 laptop? Video X600 Mobility 0x3150 with 64Mb DDR don't work with any (Callisto, koverg and Natit) drivers/patches. Tried all the receipts -- no way! 1024x768, no CI/QE.

Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg - screen goes grey without apple, system hangs. In system log I has no any traces of Natit startup.

Sometimes I think that 1280x800 is enough for me... But... :-(

with: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...callisto+driver

Try:

1. cd Desktop/ATIScript.z0rz.v0.2/ATIProj/

2. ./builddoe.sh 31 50

3. sudo ./doe.sh cal3 0x0x0 1 1

4. change resolution in System Preferences -> Screens

You only can change te resolution, I can't enable CI/QE. I can enable CI/QE but the resolution is 1280x1024 (with Koverg)

Sorry for my english.

Working with:

Dell Latitude D620

NVidia Quadro 110 256MB (64 onboard, the rest shared)

uphuck 1.3 10.4.9 (Darwin 8.9.1)

Tried both natit_dual01 and 02, edited plist to include my card's device ID (01d7), did the permissions thing and I still can't get the second display up. Everything else works fine, except for the dual display.

Any advice?

IM STUCK!!! AHH PLEASE HELP what should i download to get my ATI X1300 (PCI-E) Higher res and no artifacts/tearing?? ITS DRIVING ME NUTS! also is there a driver for turtle beach sound card?IM STUCK!!! AHH PLEASE HELP what should i download to get my ATI X1300 (PCI-E) Higher res and no artifacts/tearing?? ITS DRIVING ME NUTS! also is there a driver for turtle beach sound card?

Hi,

I have a 7900GTX modded to a Quadro FX5500. Everything is perfect, but right after the white apple screen boot logo, the screen goes into standby for say, 15 seconds or so before turning on again and showing the desktop. I am using Natit 0.2 . Is there other version I should use for this particular card/mod????

Hi

im trying to get CE/QI working but when I add my device id (0x7183) to the info.plist and reboot I get a kernel panic, anyone have any idea why this is happening? (I read other people where having the problem as well)

Is there a fix or workaround?

Can any one help me with VGA using Natit 0.2 Detects Nvidia Geforce 7900GS Laptop screen works fine DVI output works well on extended mode but not on clone, but can not get VGA to work. -V on boot comes up with VGA: Fmily Spacific not detected. Laptop used is a Toshiba / Macshiba P105-9722 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have a 7900GTX modded to a Quadro FX5500. Everything is perfect, but right after the white apple screen boot logo, the screen goes into standby for say, 15 seconds or so before turning on again and showing the desktop. I am using Natit 0.2 . Is there other version I should use for this particular card/mod????

NVinject usually brings displays faster than Natit...

Hello everybody,

Am I the only guy with color range problem with GeForce 7600 GO ? System Profiler tells me I should have 32 bit but I visibly don't.

I tried Natit 0.2 and 0.1, NVidiaEFI, Titan, NVinject and Macvidia. MacVidia doesn't work and I lose QE/CI and full res with NVidiaEFI. But in all cases, gradients are bad on internal display (even with anything but the original drivers from apple).

I tried LaptopDisplay.kext with no change.

I connected an external display on the dvi output and got full color range but no internal display (Natit and NVinject do the same, Apple Logo on both screen but at login, the internal display still black).

I think the NVidiaEFI.kext I got wasn't the last version, but the macvidia project site seems closed. So can someone help me and post me the last one to give a try ?

Or if someone had this problem and have worked it out, please give me the solution.

Thank you.

Hello,

Catboy, actually, I don't use the dual screen because I don't own an external screen. My main problem is to get a real 32 bits color depth.

gotoh, I've read a lot of threads on both hackintosh.org an hackint0sh.org forums without getting the macvidia files. I looked for it on osx86scene but the links are to macvidia.com (which seems closed). Has np_ closed all nvidia projects including nvidiaefi and nvinject ?

Is there an other place to get them?

Thank you

Hello,

Catboy, actually, I don't use the dual screen because I don't own an external screen. My main problem is to get a real 32 bits color depth.

gotoh, I've read a lot of threads on both hackintosh.org an hackint0sh.org forums without getting the macvidia files. I looked for it on osx86scene but the links are to macvidia.com (which seems closed). Has np_ closed all nvidia projects including nvidiaefi and nvinject ?

Thank you

You must put your ID in Geforce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

Titan must work... or Natit..

remember... . ONLY one must be in Extensions! Just one ! Natit or Titan..

Hello,

Thank you

My mistake...

While I was typing, I was thinking to something else :)

Macvidia forums are at OSX86scene.com :D

the link is in my sig BTW

You must put your ID in Geforce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

Titan must work... or Natit..

remember... . ONLY one must be in Extensions! Just one ! Natit or Titan..

That's what I did, I tried adding the EDID in the Natit's info.plist too. Nothing to do. Maybe the problem is the display and not the graphic card? It's an LG-Philipps LPL154WP1. But I think it's quite strange that the display is not osx compatible, isn't it? shouldn't it be plug-n-play ?

Anyway, thank to help me.

Hi, My Laptop using this ATi Radeon Express 1150. I have try to install the natit ATi Auto driver but when start up it is stuck at apple gray screen

My GPU detected as ATI Radeon Express by natit driver. The device ID is:

ATi Radeon Xpress 1150

pci.vendor_id: 1002

pci.product_id: 5975

pci.subsys_product_id: 058D

pci.subsys_vendor_id: 17FF

VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_058D17FF&REV_00\4&2C0D4F31&0&2808

Anyone has suggestion?

I have an extremely odd issue between my ATI Radeon x550 and my monitor, a Synaps 19" I picked up very cheap at Wal-Mart.

I have tried all the solutions that have been listed for enabling QE/CI with the x550, but have not had any success. After further investigation, I have determined that NONE of the various solutions are able to obtain the EDID for this monitor (from what I can gather is distributed by the FourStar Group, based in Ohio). I have not been able to find the FCC ID for this monitor. I have attempted to force the EDID as a CRT (I currently don't have the cash to buy a new monitor or purchase a DVI cable, since it has standard DVI and VGA ports on the back.) While I have been able to get this monitor to show different resolutions when using the Callisto b008 drivers, I have not been able to get it to do so with any of the other drivers (borisbadenov, katana, Natit, etc.)

I have been able to get the edid from the monitor while booted in Windoze. I attempted to force the EDID in Natit under the Need to add object in the info.plist file, but when I fix the permissions and reboot, I am unable to 1) change resolutions (I am fixed at 1024x768 @ 75Hz) and 2) enable QE/CI. I have attached the results for the EDID I pulled under Windoze for any one who can figure out what to do, as I am totally stumped!

meistersinger

edid.txt

Hi all, I'm using the Natit_Uni_1.0 on JAS .8 with a 7600GT. When the machine boots with "both" displays plugged in, everything is black. When I disconnect the "secondary" display, I am back to "one" monitor, and I can grab this info:

nVidia GeForce 7600 GT:

Chipset Model:	nVidia GeForce 7600 GT
  Type:	Display
  Bus:	PCIe
  VRAM (Total):	256 MB
  Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
  Device ID:	0x0391
  Revision ID:	0x00a1
  Displays:
Display:
Display:
  Resolution:	1920 x 2400 @ 25 Hz
  Depth:	32-bit Color
  Core Image:	Supported
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Quartz Extreme:	Supported

Any advice on how to get both screens working simultaneously?

Notes:

1. I say things like "both" in quotes because i am doing this with an IBM T221, which has a resolution of 3800x2400 and two single-link DVI cables, one each for half of the display.

2. One single-link DVI is only enough bandwidth to run each half at 25Hz, and the monitor has two more (for a total of four) single link inputs, but until SLI is ready, I'm not going to be able to use two dual cards to use all the DVI bandwidth needed.