Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Updating my website right now...

Should be finished in 10 minutes!

Natit_Uni_1.0 will be there... NO new version yet...

Maybe a mobility version will come in the next days!

Edit: Website is up now!

Great that you are working on a new installer. :(

Is there any chance that the new installer will offer support for x1950 pro? After editing the ATIRadeonx1000.kext Loading the kernel causes a kernel panic on my machine.

The Natit uni installer loads the ATI Sphyrna where the Alopias should be loaded. Using Natit edited solves this and give resolution but will not give Quartz Extreme and Core Image though.

Seems like gaucho has the correct answer for the question of why x1400 mobility isnt working on internal lcd.

I ve been experimenting with TheMaxx32000's ATIinject settings (this thread.)

Interesting to mention that it works different on every boot. Every second boot it detects a "CRT" monitor on port0 (instead of "LCD"), and on the other occasion it detects "NONE" on port0.

Even if i try to inject the 'display-type' key to "LCD", it detects one of the two mentioned ones.

This seem to prove that there is no implementation for LVDS type of connection in the Caretta driver.

So, the only chance to make X1400 work on internal lcd would be if the Wormy driver would be backward compatible for the x1400. By now it seems its not really. It freezed the machine after droppin some white lines on the screen :dev:

Really sad they left out LVDS from Caretta. There is no more any mouse tearing after Caretta is loaded! I saw it on VNC.

I used VINE as server, and UltraVNC as client.

picture 1: only ATIRadeonX1000.kext loaded

picture 2: ATIinject Caretta loaded boot1

picture 3: ATIinject Caretta loaded boot2

picture 4: boot1 VS boot2

picture 5: boot1 VS macbookpro

VNC was working on both booting situations (CRT or NONE detected)

I was able to choose any resolution up to (~2500x1400) when CRT was detected. +Detect Display button showed up, but didnt do anything..

In the other case i was able to choose only (800x600@60Hz and 1024x768@60Hz).

Used versions:

IONDRVSupport 1.4.4, 1.4.3 (same results)

ATY_Caretta 1.4.40

ATIRadeonX1000 1.4.40

post-38872-1167269116_thumb.jpg

post-38872-1167269127_thumb.jpg

post-38872-1167269134_thumb.jpg

post-38872-1167269143_thumb.png

post-38872-1167269153_thumb.png

boot1_CRTdetected.txt

boot2_NONEdetected.txt

macbookpro.txt

ATIinject_Info.plist.txt

Edited by Bandes

Final prove of missing LVDS functioning : I checked for 'LVDS' strings in the ATINDRV Plugins.

ATY_Alopias:

LVDS,EDID

ATY_Caretta:

LVDS,EDID

ATY_Sphyrna:

LVDS,EDID

ATY_Wormy:

LVDS,EDID

_CheckLVDSConnection

_HW_InitLVDS

_HW_LVDSDither

_HW_LVDSOnOff

So basically this means, only Wormy has implementation of detecting an LVDS port.

Hi np_!

Isn't the source code available for IOGraphicsFamily? Can something be cooked up?

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.8.x86/

It's there IOGraphics-191.5

downloaded for the case not all of us registered for ADC..

what about the AppleDisplays one ?

i drop that one here too..

IOGraphics_191.5.tar.gz

AppleDisplays_153.1.1.tar.gz

Hi np_!

Isn't the source code available for IOGraphicsFamily? Can something be cooked up?

sure but i am dumb ...is not in IOGraphics at all

in apple machine there is device for panel like any other hardware

that mean need new driver(with fake device ) to tell any (nevermind video card model ) graphics driver there is internal LCD panel

i will give shoot on that today

np_

np_

A lot of people bought x1600 cards to work with the Boris method. Now they would like to enable a 2nd monitor with their cards. So far, using a modified Natit has only produced poor results for this card - either no output on the 2nd monitor or really blurry output.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this problem for a large number of people?

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.8.x86/

It's there IOGraphics-191.5

downloaded for the case not all of us registered for ADC..

what about the AppleDisplays one ?

i drop that one here too..

yep but "AppleBacklight.kext" missing ( or i can't found it ) ....from that driver comes from "AppleIntelPanelA" class

np_

A lot of people bought x1600 cards to work with the Boris method. Now they would like to enable a 2nd monitor with their cards. So far, using a modified Natit has only produced poor results for this card - either no output on the 2nd monitor or really blurry output.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this problem for a large number of people?

i don't have ATI and i really have no clue about what ati need to work

but there is much key's like "AAPL00,T(X)" for example you can play with

sure but i am dumb ...is not in IOGraphics at all

in apple machine there is device for panel like any other hardware

that mean need new driver(with fake device ) to tell any (nevermind video card model ) graphics driver there is internal LCD panel

i will give shoot on that today

np_

Hi np_

I noticed that sometime ago while looking at the ioreg dumps. I even thought about patching ACPI bios to include that extra device. Maybe it is a crazy idea.

From reading the ACPI spec diagonally I saw that you can have devices and also code to control things like power management. If the Apple ACPI implementation only lists the device and it doesn't provide any control for it then a fake device created by injecting the keys into ioreg will probably help. I noticed that at some time the IOGraphics class will search for someone listed as "backlight".

I wish you luck np_!

yep but "AppleBacklight.kext" missing ( or i can't found it ) ....from that driver comes from "AppleIntelPanelA" class

Hi np_!

I don't have it in my system too. I will try to chek if a real mac has the extension and let you know. But shouldn't it be created after compiling the driver? I guess the correct place to find it is in:

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

After googling around I can see references to it in 10.4.1 but none later...

there is no problem to create "fake" platform device and call it "backlight"

problem is what "factor" to use to know machine is laptop not some desktop

for nvidia i can see if attached display is LVDS but rest ? ...

any idea ?

there is no problem to create "fake" platform device and call it "backlight"

problem is what "factor" to use to know machine is laptop not some desktop

for nvidia i can see if attached display is LVDS but rest ? ...

any idea ?

What if you provide a key in your extension's Info.pList so that people can select (manually) the appropriate option. Is this a stupid idea?

What if you provide a key in your extension's Info.pList so that people can select (manually) the appropriate option. Is this a stupid idea?

the idea is to be automatic for any laptop

i can see there is two device's present in almost all laptops

ie "LID" and "BAT" - this can be used as factor "delta"

please any lappie user to confirm do have one of these two devices in his ioreg log

"BAT" = battery ( not batman device :P) can be BAT0 or BAT1

I have a 975X motherboard and two 7300GTs for a few days. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I might try to get both graphics cards working?? I just hangs before firing up the loginwindow app (just after the text about starting the loginwindow.app)

Any help would be appreciated!

the idea is to be automatic for any laptop

i can see there is two device's present in almost all laptops

ie "LID" and "BAT" - this can be used as factor "delta"

please any lappie user to confirm do have one of these two devices in his ioreg log

"BAT" = battery ( not batman device :)) can be BAT0 or BAT1

Hi, np_

You right, my laptop has "BAT1" and "LID" in a ioreg log.

| +-o BAT1 <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 7>

| | | {

| | | "_UID" = "1"

| | | "name" = <"PNP0C0A">

| | | "_STA" = 15

| | | }

| +-o LID <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 8>

| | | {

| | | "acpi-wake-gpe" = 28

| | | "acpi-wake-system-state" = 4

| | | "_STA" = 15

| | | "name" = <"PNP0C0D">

| | | }

Thanks.

Hello all!

Firstly, good job guys! its really amazing the amount of work and information here :unsure:

I installed osx86 a few days ago and all my pc parts are working (or made to work :censored2:)

The only problem I have is (as usual) with my display.

I have an ATI (GeCube) X1300 AGP. I downloaded and installed Natit and afterwards AGPGart.

At this point I have resolution change and screen frequency but no CI/QE.

I have installed 10.4.6 JaS and then upgraded with 10.4.7 and 10.4.8 SSE2 (all JaS release)

I installed Natit, cleared extensions files and window preferences, changed ATIRadeon.kext display code to 0x71461002.

After that I put the AGPGart.kext to the Extensions folder and it sees it as AGP. The System profiler says:

ATI Radeon X1300 Series:

Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon X1300 Series
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	AGP
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x7146
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
M1700:
 Resolution:	1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Not Supported
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
Display:

having AGPGart installed does not change anything apart from the Bus type from Pci to AGP.

Another observation I have made is that when I have the monitor (EIZO M1700 17") connected on DVI there is a problem, presuming with the refresh rate, while when I connect it to the analog VGA, it operates normally.

Further to that, I have done a small research. On apple website, I saw in small print (right frame, bottom) that X1300 only supports QE but not CI (source here(QE) and here(CI) )

Has anyone found any working solution (if possible) for X1300 AGP with CI/QE enabled and perhaps... OpenGL :(

I have been searching forums for many days for specific info on X1300 with Natit but the posts are huge. Only found a topic for x1300 on portables but I am interested in the desktop version...

Edited by dxm

Can confirm that Gainward 7600GT SilentFX works in dual (DVI+DVI(with VGA dongle)) with Natit_dual_0.02.

Hmm... TV-out seems to be about as active as John Lennon is now-adays though. Too bad, that's why I got this card in the first place. :)

Edited by tomtefar

Hey out there! :hysterical:

Bahooza...

The new version of Natit_Uni_1.0 is ready for testing!

Please give me a report in this thread and DONT give the link/file away!!

For me it worked, but still no DVI! (Any help here please B) )

It will only work with Kernel verison 8.8.1!!

(For: NVidia AND ATIX1x00 users!)

Click me!

Note that it is in beta stage!

Help!!! It doesn't work for me, I installed with no error found but don't seem to work with my X1300 PCI card.....it just back to normal...

how do you install this? Sorry Im a totally newbie, just got my osx86 installed yesterday. So any idea how to install the Natit_ATIauto.kext? im using X1300 too. please help, I apprecaite! Thanks! B)