Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

I've got the same problem, though in the end I decided I was happy enough that one display was working and that I could run WoW. I found one of the Natit versions would actually try and initialise my second display. With one (0.1 I think it was) the power light on my second panel stayed green. Whereas with the other version the second panel the power light would go orange indicating it'd gone to sleep or something.

If you do find a solution I'd be interested to know what it is.

I wish I could get WoW running decently, but without my AGP chipset being supported, I get 1/10th the framerate I do under Linux/Cedega. I'm assuming your AGP chipset is supported fine? WoW runs nicely on my laptop under OSX tho.

I'll let you know if I find something.

I wish I could get WoW running decently, but without my AGP chipset being supported, I get 1/10th the framerate I do under Linux/Cedega. I'm assuming your AGP chipset is supported fine? WoW runs nicely on my laptop under OSX tho.

I'll let you know if I find something.

I'm actually using a 256mb PCI Express 6800 in a Dell gx280 tower which is pretty damn close to the original dev kit. So the audio, usb, sata etc all works. The one concession I had to make was to stick a intel network card in it as the onboard gige wasn't supported.

Hi,

I installed Natit Uni in my 10.4.6 OSX running on a P4P800 Asus motherboard with a ATI Radeon 9700.

After i reboot, when it goes to start the graphic mode it hangs and a black screen keeps over the time. My only solution is to give up.

The installer had uninstallation info but i don't know how to start in single user mode in a osx86.

Can anyone give me some tips about it?

Cheers,

Nuno

Im using Natit uni 1.0 installer with my new 7900 gs 256 mb from bfx, i have a black screen and no signal from the lcd screen just after starting osx, 20 or so seconds later it starts normally.... showing the desktop. is there any solution for this?

also

i too have the same problem

simple , set value for fboffset = 0 and no more "20" second waiting :wallbash:

simple , set value for fboffset = 0 and no more "20" second waiting :)

Hey np_!

Is this normal? Can FBOffset ever be 0?

This would be a cool improvement for the installer :hysterical:

cYa and thanks

~Neo

simple , set value for fboffset = 0 and no more "20" second waiting :hysterical:

Do you think that this could be my problem too?

the thing is that i waited more than 20 seconds and nothing happened....

Thx,

Nuno

Hey np_!

Is this normal? Can FBOffset ever be 0?

This would be a cool improvement for the installer :hysterical:

cYa and thanks

~Neo

yes you can set that to zero, and apple driver will ignore it as value

is very unclear what exactly do fboffset

but i have report from NV card with 512MB ram to get it working by playing with fboffset value

i think he set to some like 19965 as value and it worked

you can even remove that key and result is apple driver do extra "probe" before start framebuffer ( no idea why yet )

Do you think that this could be my problem too?

the thing is that i waited more than 20 seconds and nothing happened....

Thx,

Nuno

you can try , there is no way to harm hardware so you can play how much you want , even try different values

Can anyone help me out with editing my info.plist file? I believe I need to enter some monitor EDID info in order to get the DVI to work. I used a program in XP with DVI connected and got this value for device id:

00FFFFFFFFFFFF00047274AD6A0650642D100103682F1E782EC585A459499A24125054BFEF008180

140714F9500950FB30081C08BC021399030621A274068B03600D9281100001C000000FD00384C1E5

15000A202020202020000000FC004163657220414C32323136570A000000FF004C37343039303338

33832302000C3

(It's an Acer 22" LCD wide, and Sapphire x1600 Pro card).

I opened up my plist file with a plist editor, but I'm not sure where that value needs to go. I tried @0,EDID but I still lose signal right before the bootup finishes. Is there somewhere else it should go? or do I need more id's still?

Thanks for any help,

PK

anyone got suggestions for someone using AMD 64 bit w/GeForce 7300 GS using JAS 10.4.7 DVD ???

I've also got the 10.4.8 combo updates. . .

I have not gotten Titan nor Natit kext's to work. . .nor have a heard any kind of response from any of the threads I've posted. . .I don't mean to be a baby but WHAAAAA! ! !

I just got my XFX 7300GS pci-e Card today, so i will be trying this one out.

If i get a success i will post how to do it.

in the mean time dont pm me or flood the forum or thread on "how is it goin?" or something of that nature.

so just sit tight and suck your thumb, twiddle your fingers, cause i gotta go to work.

Edited by DiaboliK

Hi. Can anybody help me with EDID?

My edid is

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 320C0000 00000000

000F0103 80FFFFFF EA0000A0 57499B26

10484F21 08000101 01010101 01010101

01010101 0101D51B 00A05020 17303020

26002115 10000019 00000000 00000000

00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

00000000 00000000 00000000 00000051

what i must write in

<key>LVDS,EDID</key>

<data>

????

</data>

Thanks

Alright the XFX 7300GS just works. dual screens usable with my installer in my sig.

just adjust your Geforce.kext to have your card's PCI-ID.

yes but you're using Intel which means much easier install!

I just got my GF7300 GS too, but I am using AMD and have not lady luck on my side. . .

What install discs and updates are u using, Diabolik?

-(sry for being a baby!)

@ptesone

here ya go exactly how to do it. i even threw in the 7300gt pci-id in there.

go here and download natit dual v02.

follow bofor's instructions on how to install it.

but before a reboot go into /System/Library/Extensions/ and grab and drag and drop Geforce.kext to the desktop.

now Right click or control click on the Geforce.kext and show package contents now go into the Contents folder and now open the info.plist in textedit and find this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
		 <string>0x000010de&0x0000FFFF</string>

and replace it with:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
		 <string>0x039210de 0x01df10de</string>

now save it and drag the Geforce.kext you just edited from the desktop back into /System/Library/Extensions/

Authenticate and press replace.

now open Terminal and enter the following:

sudo -s
your password
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Geforce.kext/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Geforce.kext/
diskutil repairPermissions /

now reboot and everything should work.

Edited by DiaboliK

okay to help out i guess all the other 7300GS and 7300GT users are missing out on is dual screen. I guess i just cracked it...

Here are my working kexts: [link removed]

now drag and drop those into /System/Library/Extensions/

Authenticate and Replace when prompted

now open Terminal and type in the following:

sudo -s (press enter)
  type your password (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
 sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
 sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
  rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (press enter)
  rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache (press enter)
  diskutil RepairPermissions / (press enter)

Quit terminal and reboot.

if you get nothing on both screens first try, unplug one and reboot. then hot plug the second monitor then reboot. then it should pop up like mine did.

*the only thing that dosent work properly is mirror display mode and i havent tried svideo out*

please post if this works for you or not.

its working on my XFX 7300GS : Heres my card same make and model and where i got it.

Edited by krazubu

HI! Soooo...

I tried NATIT.kex (v.02) AND the install by Neo... DIDN'T WORK.

The command line say (AFTER COPY THE NATIT.kext to System/Library/Extensions) and open terminal to do the line of command - no directory, file

My computer... P5WD-2 Premium, ATI RADEON GEOCUBE X1600XT PCI-E, Pentium D930 - 2DDR 800 corsair.

Install JAS 10.4.8 -, lan working, DVI dual ( BY DEFAULT no display resolution - D-Sub working) audio working (patched ALC882 - stereo).

Install ALL UPDATE BY APPLE. - Running SOFTWARE UPDATE... ALL WORKING .. no problems.

PLEASE HELP... Next info about the graphic display.

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c0

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

.... My ABOUT THIS MAC the hardware info DOESN'T WORK!!! ANY COMMENTS ON THIS???

okay to help out i guess all the other 7300GS and 7300GT users are missing out on is dual screen. I guess i just cracked it...

Here are my working kexts: Grab them Here

now drag and drop those into /System/Library/Extensions/

Authenticate and Replace when prompted

now open Terminal and type in the following:

sudo -s (press enter)
  type your password (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
 sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
 sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
  rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (press enter)
  rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache (press enter)
  diskutil RepairPermissions / (press enter)

Quit terminal and reboot.

if you get nothing on both screens first try, unplug one and reboot. then hot plug the second monitor then reboot. then it should pop up like mine did.

*the only thing that dosent work properly is mirror display mode and i havent tried svideo out*

please post if this works for you or not.

its working on my XFX 7300GS : Heres my card same make and model and where i got it.

thx for the help, I really apprciate it!

I am familiar with editing kext's, I have do it to get my UDMA & 2nd IDE Port working. . .

Anyway, I did a fresh install of JAS 10.4.7 and updated with the JaS.10.4.8.AMD.SSE2.Only.Combo.Update.pkg. . .(although I have an SSE3 CPU)

I then downloaded your 3 files, and performed all the necessary steps as noted in your post (copy/pasted in terminal). . .I then rebooted. . .

and the computer locks up. It says something about login window or something . .I delete the Natit.kext to get back into OS. . .

Now please bear in mind I'm using a 64bit AMD not an INTEL which means I'm not using the 8.8.1 kernel which they have for INTEL and not AMD. . .I think this is the main problem. . .

Until they come out with an 8.8.1 kernel for AMD CPU's I think I'm pretty much hosed. . .

but again, thx for da help!!! :idea:

Guest bikedude880
Now please bear in mind I'm using a 64bit AMD not an INTEL which means I'm not using the 8.8.1 kernel which they have for INTEL and not AMD. . .I think this is the main problem. . .

Until they come out with an 8.8.1 kernel for AMD CPU's I think I'm pretty much hosed. . .

They did last month. Join the IRC (link at the top that says "Chat") and join #kernel