Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

When I was trying to install Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg for second time, it says upgrade and this time it detected display corectly!!! SO now I have QE/CI and proper resolution - width x hight. I even did not need to push that detect display button. It did the thing by its own after installing and rebooting! Thnx all people, especially those gurus, who made this installer!

Another question - will this installer work for GeForce FX 5500 AGP?

hmm, noticed that I have only 16mb instead of 256 in system profile. Downloaded Info.plist from previos threads, but its describes ATI settings, like:

<key>X1600</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<string>ATY,Wormy</string>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>

<integer>512</integer>

<key>ATY,VRAM,MemSize</key>

<integer>512</integer>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>ATY,WormyParent</string>

</dict>

While mine NVidi in same place have only such strings:

<key>0x0163</key>

<dict>

<key>name</key>

<string>GeForce 6200 LE</string>

</dict>

Should I change ATY with NVidia and add to Nvidia code?:

<key>NVidia,FrameBufferOffset</key>

<integer>512</integer>

<key>Nvidia,VRAM,MemSize</key>

<integer>512</integer>

Maybe someone knows answer, sorry about such a big post...

Hi guys,

Any news for X1600 and dual display/DVI out?

[]'s

I have only dual blurry with ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport form 10.4.5 form 10.4.8 i have try all...nothing don't work!

Same for me, but if i put my DVI EDID into info.plist DVI output work, but i cant click in detect display, if i make, a DVI output die and onlu VGA display work..

If you have any idea for solve this, i apreciate....

[]'s

Just a little update on my GeForce 6100 problem. I've gotten OS X to boot with a GUI and to recognize the card, but still no QE, CI, or the ability to change the resolution.

I wouldn't surprised with a Nvidia motherboard that you would need to make the Nvidia kexts a little bit more specific on their detection of the actual display adapter. It may be attaching itself to the chipset so edit the kexts and restrict it down to the actual PCI Id. Just an idea though.

Can anyone here confirm that Natit (Any Natit) works on an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro??

Work = QE/CI enabled and the ability to change resoloutions.

I've tried every Natit there is. My particualr device ID is present in Info.plist but I always boot to a black screen. More specifically,

In -v mode, I get messages telling me that Natit is loading, It detects my card as a X1300 Pro. The screen (An LG 19' LCD) blanks out and

goes to power saving mode.

Anyone here who has got this particular card willing to assist?

Thanks.

Jas OSX 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 DVD

AMD Mobile Athlon XP +2100

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

512 MB DDR PC3200

ECS 761GX-M754 Mobo.

used universal installer from NEO.

card: Sapphire AGP 512Mb

I have a CRT 19" recognized. On DVI my Samsung LCD SyncMaster 204 BW not recognized.

With DVI to VGA adaptor my LCD is recognized and mirrored. Seems like is a problem with digital interface. Mirrored sucks anyway, and analog ;).

Another thing I observe is that for the LCD at the resolution change 1680 x 1050 x 60hz (that I need) is missing in action. Instead I got 1400x1050 and 1600x1024 and the image is weird, not sharp (i can't describe better)

Radeon X1600 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 76 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

more info:

ATIRadeonX1000:

Version: 1.4.40

Last Modified: 11/13/06 8:00 AM

Get Info String: ATIRadeonX1000 1.4.40.4 (3952)

kext Version: 4.4.0

Load Address: 0x29fc0000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kernel.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.bsd: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.libkern: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.mach: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext is modified

ATY_Wormy:

Version: 1.4.40

Last Modified: 11/13/06 8:00 AM

Get Info String: ATY_Wormy 1.4.40.4 (1.1f37)

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Wormy.kext

kext Version: 4.4.0

Load Address: 0x2a828000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.bsd: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.libkern: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.mach: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext is modified

If i posted too much pls let me know and I will delete and make a file attached. Sorry. Just trying to help with as much info I can. The development of this is FANTSTIC. I love hackintoshes.

Edited by georgeanton

Hi np_,

Any news on the NvidiaEFI issue for laptop users, that was discussed a few pages ago in this topic?

Or, does anyone know about other news for people who can only use a VGA display with natit/titan?

thanks

KG

np_ is working on it. See the LaptopDisplay thread that is right next to this one for more info.

Cheers,

corndog

Sorry newbee here...but

Wow!!!!, this has been a great read. I have learned so much about the video driver issues. One thing I have noticed is that most of the ATI talk has been about the x???? series of cards. I have the Jas 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel running on my laptop which has an ATI Radeon 9000 (32 meg) card on it. Is there any hope of getting QE or CI or both? I have tried the universal Natit installer but when the login.app is called my screen saturates with the colour white.

Any ideas?

Anyone else get a blue screen after using Neo's 1.0 installer for Natit?

I have a X1900XT with device id 7249, but I get no dice. Maybe I need to edit something or should the installer be picking up what card I have and making the appropriate changes?

The card is a HIS X1900XT 512mb (IceQ3) Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks! and keep up the good work :unsure:

(I get the same result whether I use dvi or a vga adapter)

edit:

I should note that I'm using JaS 10.4.8 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

I get the same result with both of the x1000 series driver choices on the install disk, also.

Edited by Andrmgic

I'm also having with dual display on my Nvida card.

GEForce 5700 Ultra - One VGA, one DVI

Monitor#1: Syncmaster 955DF 19" CRT, via VGA cable to VGA port

Monitor#2: ViewSonic A98f 19" CRT, via VGA cable to DVI/VGA adapter to DVI port

Tried Natit, Natit Dual 0.1 and Natit Dual 0.2

1) When booting, the POST screen and the initial apple grey screen come up on both. I know this is just the default mode of the card, as when in the BIOS it's on both screens mirrored.

2) Screen goes black (like normal when it's activating monitors)

3a) With both plugged in (even switching them around), only the monitor connected to the VGA port activates. Other stays black and goes to sleep.

3b) With only the DVI port plugged in (via DVI/VGA adapter) it activates it fine.

3c) With only the VGA port plugged in (directly) it activates fine.

So, when I have both plugged in, it appears to not be able to activate the DVI port on my card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Im using Natit uni 1.0 installer with my new 7900 gs 256 mb from bfx, i have a black screen and no signal from the lcd screen just after starting osx, 20 or so seconds later it starts normally.... showing the desktop. is there any solution for this?

also

i too have the same problem

Ok. I have a dumb question...how do you all get your Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 7900GS or other cards to show up here?

Mine says "unknown nVidia"

Which version of Natit are you using, or are you using Titan?

Did you do anything other than just apply the patch, or did you have to edit anything?

I have a PNY 7900GS.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by aberracus

Ok, i got my system working. I have an ati x1900xtx dual screen dvi. Both are working (extended) This is what i did:

-I got the natit edited version

-putted it into the system/library/extension folder

-started up the disk util and did permission stuff

-reboot and got the error:

System extension cannot be used", "The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update"

After this i did:

-Remove Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext

-Go into the terminal, browse to /System/Library/Extensions and type:

sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext

-reboot.

Hope this will help some ppl

Can anyone here confirm that Natit (Any Natit) works on an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro??

Work = QE/CI enabled and the ability to change resoloutions.

I've tried every Natit there is. My particualr device ID is present in Info.plist but I always boot to a black screen. More specifically,

In -v mode, I get messages telling me that Natit is loading, It detects my card as a X1300 Pro. The screen (An LG 19' LCD) blanks out and

goes to power saving mode.

Anyone here who has got this particular card willing to assist?

Thanks.

Jas OSX 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 DVD

AMD Mobile Athlon XP +2100

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

512 MB DDR PC3200

ECS 761GX-M754 Mobo.

Rez, did you solve your video card problems? I have a POWERCOLOR Radeon X1300 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI-E Dual DVI, almost working. I say "almost" because the second DVI port appears to be dead but it's not a need I have at present.

My system is running the Jas 10.4.8 DVD Install (reseed from last Novemeber) with Semethex's 8.8.1 kernel and I used the Natit_Uni_1.0 - Neophus package. The card worked without a hitch after the install, even DVI (first port only), I was shocked!!. It's driving a calibrated 24" Acer monitor and it's stunningly sharp!

Interestingly, I also tried a GeCube ATI X1600 Pro, dual DVI card from another system but nothing at all, not even with the VGA adapter. (When I get a little free time I intend to try to get it working)

I'll be happy to help in any way I can but please know, I'm not an expert by any means.

Here's my system profiler info:

Radeon X1300 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1300 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7146

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Acer AL2416W:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz 2D Extreme: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

Edited by mac-n-cheeze

I'm trying to get the Natit_Uni installer to work on my ATI X1300 Pro with an AMD Mobile XP (SSE2) using the new Jas 10.4.8 Intel Amd SSE2 SSE3 with Semthex kernel 8.8.1 Beta 9 DVD, But have had no luck getting it to work. After installing and rebooting the screen turns black and my LG LCD monitor flashes a power saving mode message across the screen.

I've been reading loads over the past few days so forgive me if im a little jumbled. I read that agpgart.kext maybe the culprit but i searched in /System/Library/Extensions and found nothing. The video help section also suggested that I update the 8.8.1 kernel but i believe the one i am using is the latest. Currently, Upon a clean install I have both QE/CI enabled and working but I'm stuck at 1024x768 and can't change resoloutions. I'm also experiencing terrible mouse tearing.

I am experiencing exactly the same problems using the same install DVD with an X1900 CF card. I can't install Natit without getting a weird screen at boot. ATIRadeonX1000 kext is loaded and my cards device ID is included in the info.plist upon initial installation of OS X so I have CI/QE out of the box but terrible mouse tearing and no resolution change as well.

I'm also having with dual display on my Nvida card.

GEForce 5700 Ultra - One VGA, one DVI

Monitor#1: Syncmaster 955DF 19" CRT, via VGA cable to VGA port

Monitor#2: ViewSonic A98f 19" CRT, via VGA cable to DVI/VGA adapter to DVI port

Tried Natit, Natit Dual 0.1 and Natit Dual 0.2

1) When booting, the POST screen and the initial apple grey screen come up on both. I know this is just the default mode of the card, as when in the BIOS it's on both screens mirrored.

2) Screen goes black (like normal when it's activating monitors)

3a) With both plugged in (even switching them around), only the monitor connected to the VGA port activates. Other stays black and goes to sleep.

3b) With only the DVI port plugged in (via DVI/VGA adapter) it activates it fine.

3c) With only the VGA port plugged in (directly) it activates fine.

So, when I have both plugged in, it appears to not be able to activate the DVI port on my card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I've got the same problem, though in the end I decided I was happy enough that one display was working and that I could run WoW. I found one of the Natit versions would actually try and initialise my second display. With one (0.1 I think it was) the power light on my second panel stayed green. Whereas with the other version the second panel the power light would go orange indicating it'd gone to sleep or something.

If you do find a solution I'd be interested to know what it is.

i have the same issue with the second display as everyone else. i'm running teh fx5200ultra (yes i know... i need to upgrade) either 1 or the other port works, but... never both at the same time. hopefully someone will come up with a solution. i have tried every natit solution that has been published so far, even edited the kext files and inserted my dev id, and changed display a and b. no luck yet.