Bluetooth pcie WTXUP TX-360W

darklord42

1 post in this topic

A little while ago I was looking at the recommended bluetooth adapters list and picked one off the list on ebay.  Only the one I got in the mail wasn't the one I had asked for and got some random chinese oddity: a WTXUP TX-360W (typical situation I know...). I've since moved and I haven't tried to get it to work for a while.  But now that I'm settled in, I thought I'd give this sucker a try anyway as I'd really like to connect my Wii motes to OpenEmu.

Thing is, out of the box, OSX 10.12.6 seems to detect it as a bluetooth card.  And I can open it in preferences. Only I cant seem to connect to anything.  

A bit of digging here -> https://www.qoo10.sg/item/OEM-OEM-TX-360W-WTXUP-WIRELESS-NETWORK-CARD/557473407?__ar=Y

let me know that the actual Bluetooth chip on the card is an Atheros AR5B22 (There is a wifi portion too which doesn't detect, but I don't care about that)

Here is a screenshot as to what displays on System Preferences.

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-25%20at%203.32.1

I already tried the Sierra USB Bluetooth fix stickied on the AMD-OSX forums, and that had the same result. Only the "About this mac" display, it changed to:

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-25%20at%204.47.4

I find it strange in the Bluetooth preferences it says my card is discoverable as the computer name,  but in both system info displays,  it says Discoverability is disabled.

So what do you guys think?  Is there an extra kext I can try to salvage this thing? Or is my best bet to go back to ebay and be more careful?