X1900XT fully working with Dual-Screen, DVI out (Natit)

MiR

35 posts in this topic

The essence of my problem is that when I look at the ioreg output from single-user mode, I don't find very many variables to set/tweak and I'm wondering where you found some of the ones that you did set.

I find nothing similar to the following <key>'s that you set nor the following <string>:

<key>device_type</key>
<string>ATY,AlopiasParent</string>  <-- would expect ATY,WormyParent for mine

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>
<key>ATY,IOSpaceOffset</key>
<key>ATY,RegisterSpaceOffset</key>
<key>@1,device_type</key>
<key>@1,display-connect-flags</key>

Those values are from ioreg output of a real mac pro. This is the posting:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32645

I've added more and more keys from the ioreg output until I got it working.

As you seem to have a X1600-Card perhaps you will also find some tricks in the following post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32554

Did this message ATY,Wormy not useable disappear in your log?

This could perhaps mean that the driver for your card could not be loaded. I also get a mirrored screen when the 'real' driver does not load because the VESA-based driver seems to activate mirroring when it gets invoked.

A wild guess from me: Perhaps your Device-ID is unknown to the ATY,Wormy driver and you will either have to add your device ID to the Info.plist of the driver or you will have to patch the driver's binary.

MiR

Hey Munky,

I'm hoping you can help me out, or anyone for that matter. Can you run me through what you did step by step. I've never owned a mac in my life so my mac hacking skills are next to none. I have a 512mb Sapphire x1900 xtx and mainly I'm just looking to get the thing working. The boris method doesn't work for me with the new 10.4.8 kernel and I really want the new kernel cause it is 100 times faster then the old one in 10.4.6.

If you could help me get it going I would really appriciate it, and to have DVI working would be even better, I'm not worried about dual displays as I don't need it at the moment.

Thanks everyone in advance for the help and for being patient with a windows converted to hackintosh fan.

Hey Munky,

I'm hoping you can help me out, or anyone for that matter. Can you run me through what you did step by step. I've never owned a mac in my life so my mac hacking skills are next to none. I have a 512mb Sapphire x1900 xtx and mainly I'm just looking to get the thing working. The boris method doesn't work for me with the new 10.4.8 kernel and I really want the new kernel cause it is 100 times faster then the old one in 10.4.6.

If you could help me get it going I would really appriciate it, and to have DVI working would be even better, I'm not worried about dual displays as I don't need it at the moment.

Thanks everyone in advance for the help and for being patient with a windows converted to hackintosh fan.

NeoPheus has offered to create an installer, your best bet would be to wait for the installer to be finished. Your card should run out of the box because it has the same device-id as a x1900xt, the only difference is the timing of GPU and memory.

Here's the URL to NeoPheus site:

http://www.installers.dl.am/

or try the instructions i posted here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;hl=ATY_Alopias

Is this using Natit? I'd really like to get DVI working if possible so I don't have to switch between DVI and VGA all the time. I tried your instructions, but I have an X1900 XTX do you know which plugin is for the x1900's? I'll give it some trial and error but having DVI would be awesome.

Thanks again

-EDIT- I tried Alopias and Sphyrna all this did was freeze up my machine after initial log in. Any ideas? I get what you are trying to do with your post, I just don't get how you did it any help would be great as NEO hasn't released anything lately and I'd really like to get my mac back up and working, been using vista "shiver"

1) Do "we" know why the x1900xt card works with dual dvi monitors more or less out of the box? I'm guessing it's no coincidence, assuming the Mac Pro mentioned above - from which the info came - was equipped with the x1900xt. Was it?

Also, I'm wondering:

2) Do we have any idea if 512 MB is supported "out of the box" on the x1900xt? It would make sense, since the card Apple offers has 512 MB. Or is it not that simple?

3) If this newly discovered dual display support is dependent on the card having the same device id as the x1900xt, it makes me wonder which other cards share this device id. Is it only the x1900xtx? I'm partly asking because the x1950 pro seems like such sweet price/performance deal.

Thanks for any answers! :thumbsdown_anim:

• 2 weeks later...