Generate DSDT.aml with SSDPrGen?

muis87

5 posts in this topic

The tool does not generate any (patched) DSDT that differs from the BIOS table. As such, there would be no value whatsoever in copying, as is, an extracted DSDT table in the Clover APCI/patched folder. The bootloader and the OS are perfectly able to access/read/load the original table located in the computer's BIOS.

One only places/uses a DSDT in the Clover ACPI/patched folder if it's exactly that: a patched version.

Yes, but can I need to change something in my DSDT, and can I used the generated DSDT by that tool?

These are extracted tables, yes. They're not generated per sé, in the sense that they are not created by the tool as the CPU-specific SSDT is.

You can indeed start from that raw DSDT table as a basis for patching.

Ok just to confirm: the DSDT.aml you get from Clover (with F4) OR the DSDT.aml you get from SsdPRgen , are just BIOS readouts.. And if it makes no matter if i put this DSDT.aml in the EFI -> patched folder. ?

(its the same) ?

Ok just to confirm: the DSDT.aml you get from Clover (with F4) OR the DSDT.aml you get from SsdPRgen , are just BIOS readouts.. And if it makes no matter if i put this DSDT.aml in the EFI -> patched folder. ?

(its the same) ?

ssdtPRgen.sh extracts ACPI tables that are in ioreg. It uses them to determine in what scope the Processor objects are defined (typically in _PR).

The tables in ioreg are those injected by Clover and are NOT the same as those extracted by Clover F4.

Clover F4 files in ACPI/origin are native files.

Clover injected ACPI files are affected by content in your config.plist, content in ACPI/patched, and built-in things Clover does to ACPI files as part of booting macOS.

• Like 1