Clover problems report & features request

Bootloader Clover Issue Bug Feature Request

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 5,256 posts

This topic was create for report problem with Clover Bootloader or simply to ask for a new feature.

ErmaC

Edited by ErmaC, 18 November 2017 - 06:03 PM.
Update

Badruzeus

Badruzeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Interests:Graphics Design.

Yeah, about the GUI: If there's any dev could manage "vol_internal_apfs.icns" (or apfs related vol) to show on boot screen.

Thanks. :)

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

How to fix the problem of frozen at "does printf work??" during booting of recent CLOVER ?

Matgen84

Matgen84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Apple Mac, PC

Hi, about GUI too. If there's any dev could manage "volume_external_recovery.icns" to show correctly on boot screen. Specially useful for theme with OS badge.

Thanks  :) 

chris1111

chris1111

Packager

• Donators
  • 4,599 posts
  • Interests:Mac OS X Packaging / scripts

the last clover 4313 as well as several revision before

do not see the apple icons after an install startosinstall method on the boot, he see an HD

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,040 posts

Clover doesn't inject AMD RX Vega correctly, is it using AMD10000Controllerkext, or AMD9500Controllerkext path?   Always shows AMD RX xxx.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,770 posts

I understand nothing.

chris1111

chris1111

Packager

• Donators
  • 4,599 posts

I understand nothing.

with the startosinstall method normally you have this icon in first boot 

os_mac10.png

and for some reason the last clover 4313 as well as several revision before

Clover do not see the apple icons  only this icons

vol_in10.png

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,770 posts

with the startosinstall method normally you have this icon in first boot 

os_mac10.png

and for some reason the last clover 4313 as well as several revision before

Clover do not see the apple icons  only this icons

vol_in10.png

Is it APFS? Or new OS revision has new boot.efi location? This icon is working but wrong picture?

Why it should be apple icon what the icon means?

chris1111

chris1111

Packager

• Donators
  • 4,599 posts

Is it APFS? Or new OS revision has new boot.efi location? This icon is working but wrong picture?

Why it should be apple icon what the icon means?

yes APFS  HS 10.13.1

IT must be an apple when he boot on macOS Install Data 

startosinstall method

captu109.png

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,770 posts

Any old revision make it correctly?

chris1111

chris1111

Packager

• Donators
  • 4,599 posts

Any old revision make it correctly?

4222 Correct

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,770 posts

Too far from here  :(

chris1111

chris1111

Packager

• Donators
  • 4,599 posts

Too far from here  :(

I do not know which revision more recent than 4222 is correct?

Sorry  :blush:

edit***

Anyway its not really important, just remember that to it's an HD and not an apple

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,770 posts

I do not know which revision more recent than 4222 is correct?

Sorry  :blush:

edit***

Anyway its not really important, just remember that to it's an HD and not an apple

But what this icon should launch?

// OS X installer paths
STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

Or something else?

chris1111

chris1111

Packager

• Donators
  • 4,599 posts

But what this icon should launch?

// OS X installer paths
STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

Or something else?

Not sure but I think its this one

Attached Files

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 882 posts

do not see the apple icons after an install startosinstall method on the boot, he see an HD

Clover uses the generic Apple logo only when it doesn't know the OS version it is booting eg when a new OS X comes out or if a custom entry is used in config.plist without specifying a custom image file to use ...

Attached File  Custom entry when custom icon image not specified.png   189.97KB   7 downloads

Attached File  Boot macOS install, OS ver not detected.png   245.22KB   7 downloads

Since Clover r4293, Clover correctly recognizes the OS version in the "macOS Install Data" folder by reading the SystemVersion.plist ---> fixed kext injection failing from /CLOVER/kexts/10.13 due to OS ver not being recognised.  This had the side-effect of now showing the correct OS ver icon/badge instead of the generic Apple logo before...

Attached File  Boot macOS Install, OS ver detected.png   248.01KB   7 downloads

I think what you are wanting is actually a new feature request - a supplementary icon/badge beside the main icon when the loader entry type is OSXInstaller eg like the plus sign for OSXRecovery...

chris1111

chris1111

Packager

• Donators
  • 4,599 posts

Clover uses the generic Apple logo only when it doesn't know the OS version it is booting eg when a new OS X comes out or if a custom entry is used in config.plist without specifying a custom image file to use ...

Since Clover r4293, Clover correctly recognizes the OS version in the "macOS Install Data" folder by reading the SystemVersion.plist ---> fixed kext injection failing from /CLOVER/kexts/10.13 due to OS ver not being recognised.  This had the side-effect of now showing the correct OS ver icon/badge instead of the generic Apple logo before...

I think what you are wanting is actually a new feature request - a supplementary icon/badge beside the main icon when the loader entry type is OSXInstaller eg like the plus sign for OSXRecovery...

I do not want new future I just wanted the apple as before in High Sierra  :D

Since the first day High Sierra the apple was there for startosinstall method and its disappear :(

If you say that it was disappear because of the version stystem fix ; I did not know that now is the HS icons os_mac11.pngos_mac12.png

I was going to do without  :lol: I thought the apple was really connected to startosinstall method

Edit ****

@fusion71au thanks for the explanations and sorry @Slice for disturbing you with this.

I was blinding through the apple and I did not see that the version was well HS

piiggggg

piiggggg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Any way to make Clover boot into macOS installer when update? When I click update & restart on App Store, Clover should boot into "macOS installer volume name" if Clover found it, if not Clover should continue boot into "macOS system volume name". That way make Clover Bootloader look like a real mac and more easier to set update

grayen

grayen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I tried to install Clover on my desktop, to use its UEFI emulator to be able to boot Windows 10 on a GPT partitioned disk on a legacy BIOS motherboard (P6T Deluxe V2), but I am unable to get it to boot into Clover. I plan to dual boot Windows 10 and NixOS (a Linux distribution). Normally I use NixOS on my desktop, so I first created a disk image with Clover on it, by using the following script: https://github.com/m...linux-installer

I ran this disk image via Grub2 and memdisk (from Syslinux) on my laptop (Asus UL30A), which worked fine. It took a while because my USB stick is very slow, but it did boot into Clover without any issue. I then installed Clover on my new desktop disk using the same script. Unfortunately all I got was an underscore in the top left of the screen. When I try to boot Clover from the same USB stick as I used for the laptop, it eventually just reboots. I then tried to boot the Arch Linux iso on my desktop with the same USB stick, Grub2 and memdisk, and that did work, so it probably has to do with the hardware configuration of my desktop compared to my laptop. I changed quite a lot in my BIOS settings of my desktop, so I tried resetting it to the defaults, but that had no effect, still no Clover.

Any ideas what I could do to make Clover work on my desktop? Are the others with similar hardware that ran into issues? Should I maybe use an older version of Clover?

For now I will go with my plan B, to format the disk with MBR, install Windows 10, reformat the partition table to GPT and boot into Windows via a memdisk loaded MBR drive image that contains Windows 10's boot files. This allows me to boot into Windows 10 on a GPT partition disk, but I'd rather use Clover instead of this workaround.

Some more info about my desktop's hardware configuration:

CPU: i7 920 2.67Ghz (normally overclocked to 3.6Ghz)

MB: Asus P6T Deluxe v2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, Clover, Issue, Bug, Feature Request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy