and for some reason the last clover 4313 as well as several revision before

Clover do not see the apple icons  only this icons

vol_in10.png

with the startosinstall method normally you have this icon in first boot 

os_mac10.png

and for some reason the last clover 4313 as well as several revision before

Clover do not see the apple icons  only this icons

vol_in10.png

Is it APFS? Or new OS revision has new boot.efi location? This icon is working but wrong picture?

Why it should be apple icon what the icon means?

Is it APFS? Or new OS revision has new boot.efi location? This icon is working but wrong picture?

Why it should be apple icon what the icon means?

yes APFS  HS 10.13.1

IT must be an apple when he boot on macOS Install Data 

startosinstall method

captu109.png

I do not know which revision more recent than 4222 is correct?

Sorry  :blush:

edit***

Anyway its not really important, just remember that to it's an HD and not an apple

But what this icon should launch?

// OS X installer paths
STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\Locked Files\\Boot Files\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

Or something else?

But what this icon should launch?

// OS X installer paths
STATIC CHAR16 *OSXInstallerPaths[] = {
  L"\\Mac OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\macOS Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\OS X Install Data\\boot.efi",
  L"\\.IABootFiles\\boot.efi"
};

Or something else?

Not sure but I think its this one

post-951341-0-94355800-1511382383_thumb.png

post-951341-0-06067500-1511382391_thumb.png

the last clover 4313 as well as several revision before

do not see the apple icons after an install startosinstall method on the boot, he see an HD

Clover uses the generic Apple logo only when it doesn't know the OS version it is booting eg when a new OS X comes out or if a custom entry is used in config.plist without specifying a custom image file to use ...

post-846696-0-66505300-1511383783_thumb.png

post-846696-0-82443000-1511383884_thumb.png

Since Clover r4293, Clover correctly recognizes the OS version in the "macOS Install Data" folder by reading the SystemVersion.plist ---> fixed kext injection failing from /CLOVER/kexts/10.13 due to OS ver not being recognised.  This had the side-effect of now showing the correct OS ver icon/badge instead of the generic Apple logo before...

post-846696-0-78695700-1511384512_thumb.png

I think what you are wanting is actually a new feature request - a supplementary icon/badge beside the main icon when the loader entry type is OSXInstaller eg like the plus sign for OSXRecovery...

• Like 1

Clover uses the generic Apple logo only when it doesn't know the OS version it is booting eg when a new OS X comes out or if a custom entry is used in config.plist without specifying a custom image file to use ...

Since Clover r4293, Clover correctly recognizes the OS version in the "macOS Install Data" folder by reading the SystemVersion.plist ---> fixed kext injection failing from /CLOVER/kexts/10.13 due to OS ver not being recognised.  This had the side-effect of now showing the correct OS ver icon/badge instead of the generic Apple logo before...

I think what you are wanting is actually a new feature request - a supplementary icon/badge beside the main icon when the loader entry type is OSXInstaller eg like the plus sign for OSXRecovery...

I do not want new future I just wanted the apple as before in High Sierra  :D

Since the first day High Sierra the apple was there for startosinstall method and its disappear :(

If you say that it was disappear because of the version stystem fix ; I did not know that now is the HS icons os_mac11.pngos_mac12.png

I was going to do without  :lol: I thought the apple was really connected to startosinstall method

Edit ****

@fusion71au thanks for the explanations and sorry @Slice for disturbing you with this.

I was blinding through the apple and I did not see that the version was well HS

• 2 weeks later...

Any way to make Clover boot into macOS installer when update? When I click update & restart on App Store, Clover should boot into "macOS installer volume name" if Clover found it, if not Clover should continue boot into "macOS system volume name". That way make Clover Bootloader look like a real mac and more easier to set update

I tried to install Clover on my desktop, to use its UEFI emulator to be able to boot Windows 10 on a GPT partitioned disk on a legacy BIOS motherboard (P6T Deluxe V2), but I am unable to get it to boot into Clover. I plan to dual boot Windows 10 and NixOS (a Linux distribution). Normally I use NixOS on my desktop, so I first created a disk image with Clover on it, by using the following script: https://github.com/m13253/clover-linux-installer

I ran this disk image via Grub2 and memdisk (from Syslinux) on my laptop (Asus UL30A), which worked fine. It took a while because my USB stick is very slow, but it did boot into Clover without any issue. I then installed Clover on my new desktop disk using the same script. Unfortunately all I got was an underscore in the top left of the screen. When I try to boot Clover from the same USB stick as I used for the laptop, it eventually just reboots. I then tried to boot the Arch Linux iso on my desktop with the same USB stick, Grub2 and memdisk, and that did work, so it probably has to do with the hardware configuration of my desktop compared to my laptop. I changed quite a lot in my BIOS settings of my desktop, so I tried resetting it to the defaults, but that had no effect, still no Clover.

Any ideas what I could do to make Clover work on my desktop? Are the others with similar hardware that ran into issues? Should I maybe use an older version of Clover?

For now I will go with my plan B, to format the disk with MBR, install Windows 10, reformat the partition table to GPT and boot into Windows via a memdisk loaded MBR drive image that contains Windows 10's boot files. This allows me to boot into Windows 10 on a GPT partition disk, but I'd rather use Clover instead of this workaround.

Some more info about my desktop's hardware configuration:

CPU: i7 920 2.67Ghz (normally overclocked to 3.6Ghz)

MB: Asus P6T Deluxe v2

Any way to make Clover boot into macOS installer when update? When I click update & restart on App Store, Clover should boot into "macOS installer volume name" if Clover found it, if not Clover should continue boot into "macOS system volume name". That way make Clover Bootloader look like a real mac and more easier to set update

Already done.

What Clover version you mean?

@grayen

I had an experience to boot macOS and Windows 7 Pro 64bit UEFI on GPT formatted disk on legacy-BIOS computer with Core2Duo CPU by Clover. It is possible as you said. I don't know if Windows 10 required something more.

@Slice It is not that I have trouble booting Windows 10 with Clover, it is that I am unable to get Clover to show in the first place. I figure that I have to enable or disable some BIOS setting on my desktop, since the same setup works on my laptop.

@Slice It is not that I have trouble booting Windows 10 with Clover, it is that I am unable to get Clover to show in the first place. I figure that I have to enable or disable some BIOS setting on my desktop, since the same setup works on my laptop.

Sounds like the boot order needs changing. If clover is installed properly you should be able to set that drive as first option in bios.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@SavageAUS I did change the boot order after installing clover and used the "select boot device" popup at startup to boot into my USB stick, so I do not see how that could be the issue, but it was a good suggestion. I have searched quite a bit before posting here, but I have not found anything worthwhile to help me fix it, hence me posting here. I did found two people with the same hardware configuration with regards to the CPU and MB, so it should work in theory:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301376-complete-yosemite-on-x-powergtx480i7-920267/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329066-cant-boot-ubuntu-when-selecting-from-clover-on-legacy-triple-boot/

I am now going to try a preconfigured boot USB stick, to see if clover boots from there on my desktop:

https://www.aioboot.com/en/features/

I tried AIO Boot, but when I run Clover from it, I get the same as before. I did however now notice a 7 showing up after about 2 seconds, which I assume is Clover telling me that it is using boot7 (Clover 64-bit with BiosBlockIO driver that works with any controller supported by the BIOS). However it just shows me the underscore in the top, no forced reboot, but I rebooted it myself after waiting a few minutes. I also tried pressing 6 at this two seconds pause, because it is stated that it will then boot in a different 64-bit boot loader, but I can press 6 however many times I want, it will still show me the 7 at the end of the 2 second interval.