Problem Installing High Sierra

bobafett

6 posts in this topic

So I've just bought a new SSD where I wanting to put High Sierra on, the system itself has been running Mavericks since it came out:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force-CF

CPU: i7 4770k

GPU: GTX 760

Ram 32GB DDR3

I never bothered to update in fear of breaking something, but as I've bought new gadgets and programs that don't work on Mavericks anymore, therefore the new SSD and a new start with High Sierra.

However I've yet to manage to get to the installation screen via clover as I'm getting the following error when running it in pure verbose with nothing else:

(com.apple.WindowServer): Service only ran for 0 seconds, Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

This is with the normal clover bootflags and verbose mode. Here I also tried various variations of the flags like safe mode which directly hits a panic and reboots, no cache, nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1 

Yet nothing worked with any settings I've tried, when disableing nv_disable=0 in verbose mode it will get to a point in the loading of everything to then disable the output of the screen completely and neither motherboard or gpu gives anymore output so I have to reboot.

In all cases there are also mentions of the following error: Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in():

Not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

It's been so long since I've actually done this that I'm pretty much back at zero when it comes to installing the system, I know it works as I've still got Mavericks running on it, but now am unsure what the next step actually is.

Could anyone inform me what the best way to handle this now would be?

Thanks in advance!

So I've just bought a new SSD where I wanting to put High Sierra on, the system itself has been running Mavericks since it came out:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force-CF

CPU: i7 4770k

GPU: GTX 760

Ram 32GB DDR3

I never bothered to update in fear of breaking something, but as I've bought new gadgets and programs that don't work on Mavericks anymore, therefore the new SSD and a new start with High Sierra.

However I've yet to manage to get to the installation screen via clover as I'm getting the following error when running it in pure verbose with nothing else:

(com.apple.WindowServer): Service only ran for 0 seconds, Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

This is with the normal clover bootflags and verbose mode. Here I also tried various variations of the flags like safe mode which directly hits a panic and reboots, no cache, nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1

Yet nothing worked with any settings I've tried, when disableing nv_disable=0 in verbose mode it will get to a point in the loading of everything to then disable the output of the screen completely and neither motherboard or gpu gives anymore output so I have to reboot.

In all cases there are also mentions of the following error: Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in():

Not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

It's been so long since I've actually done this that I'm pretty much back at zero when it comes to installing the system, I know it works as I've still got Mavericks running on it, but now am unsure what the next step actually is.

Could anyone inform me what the best way to handle this now would be?

Thanks in advance!

Rename iondrvsupport.kext to iondrvsupport.kext.bak,i experienced those error on my acer with intel hd 4000 with optimus gt 630m,i reach the desktop by renaming the iondrvsupport.kext