Got temporarily banned from tonymacx86.com

hst51

2 posts in this topic

Got temporarily banned earlier today from tonymacx86.com. Caught me totally by surprise!

The reason given was I had repeatedly violated the rules about a Signature. Specifically, that I had not listed my system information in the Signature. 

Scratching my head because I had indeed listed my system information from the very beginning in my Signature. 

The ironic thing was I was in the process of updating my Sig when I got the banned notice. So I tried to look up the pertinent rules for Signatures but of course, I could not go there because I was shut out.

One of the mods replied to my last post before the ban saying I was not in compliance but I still don't know in what way. Like a lot of people I have been experimenting with High Sierra on different systems lately so my posts contained questions about various combinations I was using but my main rig specs were in the Sig all along.

Supposedly, the ban will be lifted tomorrow so I can find out more specifics. Wow, kind of floored! They must have some very specific rules about the format of a Sig over there. Not use to that. I spend most of my time over at Overclockers.com where a Sig is encouraged but not mandatory.

Hi

Generally speaking, if they have rules, just respect them or if you can't, then just leave. Coming back here crying to us will not fix things between you and tonymac site.

Please, keep your problems between you, if you have any.  Cordially.

fantomas1

• Like 7