Physically replace or modify keys on macbbook

wolfherf

5 posts in this topic

I would like to modify the keys on my macbbook keyboard to look like a german windows keyboard. I.e. I would like the @ sign to be printed on my Q key, the \ on my ?ß key etc. How can I remove the keys off the keyboard ? and where could I buy the keys with the right signs printed on them.

I have about 50 users who would like to change to a macbook using windows, but they will only migrate if the built in keyboard reflects the windows keys. :-)

Any help from anybody.

I would like to modify the keys on my macbbook keyboard to look like a german windows keyboard. I.e. I would like the @ sign to be printed on my Q key, the \ on my ?ß key etc. How can I remove the keys off the keyboard ? and where could I buy the keys with the right signs printed on them.

I have about 50 users who would like to change to a macbook using windows, but they will only migrate if the built in keyboard reflects the windows keys. :-)

Any help from anybody.

I don't know if you could find keys with the correct markings, but you can change the keyboard layout to work like the current markings:

http://forum.onmac.net/showpost.php?p=9573&postcount=161

Hi Beliyaal, thanks for the quick answer. And also thanks for the version 1 alpha. I was going to ask about print screen and insert buttons. I see that prntscr is part of 1 alpha. How do I get the insert button.

I will try the german keyboad layout file. I hope my users (lawyers) will accept the current apple keyboard, but somehow I think I will probably have to reprint the keys , especially the @, insert, delete .

Re that - is it possible to map the delete function to a single key, like F12. In an office we dont need play media or stop media, but insert and delete as one key press (yes I know it works with ALT C and V, but that is pressing two keys in parallel).

btW thanks for a great solution. Now i just need to get Widcomm Bluetooth to see my Apple built in BT device. :-)

Wolf

Hi Beliyaal, thanks for the quick answer. And also thanks for the version 1 alpha. I was going to ask about print screen and insert buttons. I see that prntscr is part of 1 alpha. How do I get the insert button.

I will try the german keyboad layout file. I hope my users (lawyers) will accept the current apple keyboard, but somehow I think I will probably have to reprint the keys , especially the @, insert, delete .

Re that - is it possible to map the delete function to a single key, like F12. In an office we dont need play media or stop media, but insert and delete as one key press (yes I know it works with ALT C and V, but that is pressing two keys in parallel).

btW thanks for a great solution. Now i just need to get Widcomm Bluetooth to see my Apple built in BT device. :-)

Wolf

It shouldn't be a problem to do this. You will only have to figure out how the interface to bind keys works, then when you have a configuration that is good you just copy Settings.dat to all computers.

Dear Beliyaal

thanks for the answer. I already figured out how to set the keys in your program I now have F10, F11, and F12 as Insert, Delete and Prntscr. Now your comment helps I will copy settings.dat to the other machines.

Thanks for your help