[Success] macOS Sierra 10.12.6, MSI Z97 PC MATE, i5 Devil's Canyon, NVIDIA GTX 1060

yariik

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for developing and maintaining such an amazing project and community. Now to the topic -

I use a hackintosh on my desktop PC build with the following specs:

1. Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE.
  2. CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon (Haswell refreshed).
  3. GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 1060 6 GB.

Software:

1. Clover bootloader.
  2. macOS 10.12.6 Sierra - main system, right now not planning an upgrade to High Sierra.
  • Everything works, excluding...
  • ...sleep. Could't get it working. But, at least I got hibernation working, so I'm happy with it and not investigating sleep issues for now.
  • ...HDMI audio. Works only with VoodoHDA. There's a very noticeable delay between activating audio signal in the OS and hearing it out of the display, so I'm not using HDMI audio in favor of on-board Realtek 877. I'd love to set up a good working HDMI audio, as there's a headphone amplifier in the display (HP Envy 23 Beats), but I'm so tired at this point with the process, so I do not investigate further.
  • I think I should mention that I am not using any other connectivity except Ethernet, so I don't know anything about the setup process for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc.

--

I've spent like 9000 years getting it working, and if there's somebody with the same or almost the same config, I'd love to help you.

If such, write here, and I'll find some time to tell the other details. 

For now, here's the list of my kexts, and also I've attached my clover config plist (without SMBIOS data, as I don't want go get my iCloud banned :D, the model is iMac14,2):

AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Shiki.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Cheers!

config.plist.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I've got the same board with intel pentium g3258 cpu and nvidia 950 gpu. I too have been having a hard time getting mine to get proper sleep to work.. It goes to sleep just fine but won't wake up with mouse or keyboard.  If i press the power button on the machine, it wakes up but then freezes and it reboots.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, yariik said:

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for developing and maintaining such an amazing project and community. Now to the topic -

I use a hackintosh on my desktop PC build with the following specs:

1. Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE.
  2. CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon (Haswell refreshed).
  3. GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 1060 6 GB.

Software:

1. Clover bootloader.
  2. macOS 10.12.6 Sierra - main system, right now not planning an upgrade to High Sierra.
  • Everything works, excluding...
  • ...sleep. Could't get it working. But, at least I got hibernation working, so I'm happy with it and not investigating sleep issues for now.
  • ...HDMI audio. Works only with VoodoHDA. There's a very noticeable delay between activating audio signal in the OS and hearing it out of the display, so I'm not using HDMI audio in favor of on-board Realtek 877. I'd love to set up a good working HDMI audio, as there's a headphone amplifier in the display (HP Envy 23 Beats), but I'm so tired at this point with the process, so I do not investigate further.
  • I think I should mention that I am not using any other connectivity except Ethernet, so I don't know anything about the setup process for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc.

--

I've spent like 9000 years getting it working, and if there's somebody with the same or almost the same config, I'd love to help you.

If such, write here, and I'll find some time to tell the other details. 

For now, here's the list of my kexts, and also I've attached my clover config plist (without SMBIOS data, as I don't want go get my iCloud banned :D, the model is iMac14,2):

AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Shiki.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Cheers!

config.plist.zip

Would you mind posting your kexts folder you used?  I only need the NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki, USBInjectall, HibernationtionFixup kexts.

2 hours ago, Blaggah said:

Would you mind posting your kexts folder you used?  I only need the NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki, USBInjectall, HibernationtionFixup kexts.

ditto, if you could share the kext folder it would be much appreciated!

12 minutes ago, Blaggah said:

I would share mines with you now but can't even get to desktop now. I was trying to sort somethings out and failed terribly..

No rush at all! As I mentioned I'm just trying out this hackintosh guide while I have time over my break (completely new to hackintoshing) any help is much appreciated for sure! I'll definitely look at your kexts whenever you get the chance to share them, thanks! :)

16 hours ago, dmaisano said:

No rush at all! As I mentioned I'm just trying out this hackintosh guide while I have time over my break (completely new to hackintoshing) any help is much appreciated for sure! I'll definitely look at your kexts whenever you get the chance to share them, thanks! :)

Here are the kexts i used.  The first Other folder is the updated kexts which was edited by MaLd0n and i haven't checked them yet.. So you could test to see which ones work for you. And if you do decide to go with the updated kexts by MaLd0n, make sure you're running the latest clover bootloader on your usb installer/hard drive efi.

Other.zip

Other_old.zip

Edited by Blaggah