Considering High Sierra for my PC, have questions.

YKWIA

2 posts in this topic

Just so you know, I'm not new to the hackintosh scene. I know how to set up a system and get it working...

I do have some questions though...

I'm considering a CHG70 or 90 as my new monitor and I found out that has HDR support. I know macOS has HDR for monitors support but I assume it's only for it's own monitors. If I plug my monitor into my graphics card, would it recognize it as HDR-capable or would I need to find a way to hack a solution?

Secondly... I'm currently researching an SLI solution (CHG90's basically 2 16:9 monitors in one) and I have to know if it's impossible to do SLI. I'm going to be using MacOS as my main OS and I remember an early kext having SLI support. Based on what everyone here is doing (and based on the fact that AMD and NVIDIA have separate implementations of dual graphics technology.) would it be possible?

Lastly, I'm going to be using Wine as a compatibility layer and I'm curious as to whether or not HDR will be able to translate into the games themselves or if the VSTs I use will be able to work. The last time I tried my VSTs and games it threw up errors and out of memory errors and I want to know if enough time has advanced that things are going to be different...

Thank you.