6 replies to this topic

ericinLA

ericinLA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi there,

Im new to Hackintosh and Ive purchased a Lenovo Y50-70.  Im up and running but have one issue I can't get passed.  I am having trouble getting the video on this machine to go beyond - INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4600 7MB.

Ive got El Capitan running and gone through the guide online, but am stuck.  I don't understand how to edit the config.plist.  Its running great aside from the display.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Eric

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Local Moderators
  • 4,442 posts
  • Interests:If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten you
go after this nice how-to for your laptop, look here:
http://www.wikigain....0-70-1080p-uhd/

You can edit the config. plist with a text editor or something easier by Clover configurator. app
http://mackie100proj...933074951171875 , video tutorial see here: https://www.google.d...biw=360&bih=512
and on the other hand a online version:
http://cloudclovered...g/cce/index.php

ericinLA

ericinLA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have successfully installed El Capitan on my Lenovo Y50-70.  I have the following specs -

i7 4720 2.6 

15.6 FHD screen

It has both Intel and Nvidea cards.  

Here is my issue, and no matter how many times I try I can't get it working - THE VIDEO stays at - Graphics: DISPLAY 7mb

All the sound is not working.  I followed that "guide" that everyone recommends but still no go :(  Im stuck and really ould appreciate help from anyone who has gotten passed this issue.   Ive installed all the kext files Im supposed to, I think?

I tried asking for help on that "other" site, but was banned and I really just need to get this working.  

Can anyone help?  I can help you possibly with something if you can help me :(

Please and Thank you...

Eric

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

I have successfully installed El Capitan on my Lenovo Y50-70.  I have the following specs -

i7 4720 2.6 

15.6 FHD screen

It has both Intel and Nvidea cards.  

Here is my issue, and no matter how many times I try I can't get it working - THE VIDEO stays at - Graphics: DISPLAY 7mb

All the sound is not working.  I followed that "guide" that everyone recommends but still no go :(  Im stuck and really ould appreciate help from anyone who has gotten passed this issue.   Ive installed all the kext files Im supposed to, I think?

I tried asking for help on that "other" site, but was banned and I really just need to get this working.  

Can anyone help?  I can help you possibly with something if you can help me :(

Please and Thank you...

Eric

Hi, welcome to insanelymac :)

What is "that guide"? Explain how did you manage to install OS X on that laptop then attach CLOVER folder.

ericinLA

ericinLA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you for replying so quickly :)  I used ##### to create the USB, and ##### to install the loader.   The guide I'm discussing is one that everyone sends me a link for on the tonymacx86 site written for the Y50-70.

Im very computer literate but must be missing something?  Ive tried a couple of the apps here to fix the audio - APPLE HDA PATCHER but Im not sure which realtek I have?  Im sure this is not a difficult problem, and probably just needs a quick tweak, but Im not having success :(  

Do you have any suggestions?  

thanks again,

Eric

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Use supported methods (click on the links on your message for more infos). Create a bootable usb installer with createinstallmedia and install clover on the usb stick. UEFI mode and osxaptiofix2drv. ;)

If you need help for the configuration of your config.plist or for the kexts needed (for sure you will need FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2.kext), feel free to ask. :)

Allan

Allan

V.I.P. Member

• Supervisors
  • 11,526 posts

Why did you've opened 2 topics?

Newbie Help <- It's gonna be closed!

Please read our Forum Rules:

# Only post your post once (1). This keeps the forum cleaner and makes it easier to find what you are looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy