Intel DQ45CB and Xeon ?

8 posts in this topic

On paper, you should theoretically be able to install OS X on that platform, yes. Anything from Snow Leopard 10.6 to El Capitan 10.11. Sierra and above require a CPU with SSE4 instructions set, something this 10yr-old Kentsfield model does not possess.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20X3210%20-%20HH80562QH0468M%20(BX80562X3210).html

Got it. 

There would be no support for the integrated graphics of the Q45 chipset which should be GMA 4500 family, so a supported PCIe x16 graphics card would indeed be necessary. Your nVidia GT710 normally works OOB with El Capitan. I don't know about support in earlier OS X versions but it's a fairly recent card that replaced the GT610 and the GT610 was only supported from Lion 10.7.5 and Mountain Lion 10.8.3 onwards.

I'm going to use the gt710 on macOS 10.11

If i try to download El Capitan from App Store I get this message.

It means that i've already the recent version of macOS ( 10.13.1 ) . How can I download it?

post-1718454-0-67438100-1510001591_thumb.png

Edited by EdoardoConti

Now I'm using it in legacy, but I can enable UEFI.

In BIOS:

- load opmitezed defaults

- disable vt-d

- disable serial-port

- enable UEFI boot

Clover installed into USB for legacy mode.

If I try to boot i get the classic stack on "missing bluetooth controller transport" ...

You'll have to post a zipped copy of your Clover EFI folder so that we can have a look at the settings you used. Which version of Clover did you go for?

You may want to consider Enoch, it's a lot simpler in terms of setup.

Clover v2.3k r3423

CLOVER.zip

You may want to consider Enoch, it's a lot simpler in terms of setup.

Do you mean Pandora Box 3 ?