help disable my nvidia optimus acer v3 471g

Best Answer cyrhex, Yesterday, 02:36 AM

resolved this issue by following rehabman's guide how to disable optimus,,attached the ssdt i,ve patched,,now i cud reach the desktop on high sierra without deleting iondrvsupport.kext,,,btw thanks to herve and foskvs for the effort to help me out

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Attach orig folder.

anyone cud help me disable my nvidia optimus on my acer laptop....tia

Attached Files

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Attach orig folder.

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Attach orig folder.

Done attaching my orig dsdt and ssdt,,tia

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

Add this SSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. DropOem=false on your config.plist. Does it work?

Attached Files

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I will try it,by the way big thanks..

Add this SSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. DropOem=false on your config.plist. Does it work?

T
Sorry it wont work,,my gt nvidia optimus still appears on system information

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

I will try it,by the way big thanks..

T
Sorry it wont work,,my gt nvidia optimus still appears on system information

Attach your CLOVER folder.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

@cyrhex, please post a complete dump of your raw ACPI tables + patched tables. Raw tables will be written to Clover/ACPI/origin folder when you press F4 at Clover main boot screen.

The stuff you posted lacks tables. Please post a zipped IOREgistryExplorer's output too.

According to the DSDT:

• nVidia dGPU is device SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
  • Intel iGPU is device SB.PCI0.GFX0

Your BIOS must contains several SSDT tables and there should be functions for the dGPU in 2 or 3 tables (initialisation, activation/deactivation).

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
My complete dsdst/ssdt and ioreg

@cyrhex, please post a complete dump of your raw ACPI tables + patched tables. Raw tables will be written to Clover/ACPI/origin folder when press F4 at Clover main boot screen.

The stuff you posted lacks tables. Please post a zipped IOREgistryExplorer's output too.

According to the DSDT:

• nVidia dGPU is device SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
  • Intel iGPU is device SB.PCI0.GFX0
Your BIOS must contains several SSDT tables and there should be functions for the dGPU in 2 or 3 tables (initialisation, activation/deactivation).
Done uploading my ioreg and complete ssdt/dsdt,,tia

Done reuploading my full ssdt/dsdt

Attached Files

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

Ok, using MaciASL, we can see that the many dGPU attributes are defined in SSDT-3. So that's where we can look for the functions/calls necessary to turn the chip off.

Attached File  ssdt-3.png   113.15KB   0 downloads

There are 5 x methods of interest:

1. _INI: initialise the dGPU
  2. _ON: turns the dGPU on
  3. _OFF: turns the dGPU off
  4. _PS0: sets dGPU to power state 0, i.e. On
  5. _PS3: sets dGPU to power state 3, i.e. Off

The 1st thing to do is to turn the dGPU off at computer startup. This can be very easily done by adding a call to the _OFF function in the _INI method:

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
       {
           Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ADR)
           _OFF ()                                      // Turns off SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
       }

Attached File  ssdt-3.aml.zip   5.03KB   5 downloads

In the ACPI section of your Clover config file, add this ssdt-3 to the CPUPM-ralted ssdt in the Sorted Order area. Use Clover Configurator to do that.

Now, we can look at the other situations where the dGPU power state is usually modified: Sleep & Wake which are defined in the DSDT. However, I can't see any direct calls to turn the dGPU on at wake in the DSDT so, if it were done, that would be through ways I still have to decode...

Simply check if the dGPU is disabled at startup when you use the above set-3. Then tell us if it's reactivated after wake.

On a separate note, I've noticed that your Clover config showed P-States and C-States generation in the ACPI section. This is wrong on an Ivy Bridge platform. Generate your CPU power management SSDT with Pike R Alpha's well-known generator tool and disable those 2 x options you've enabled.

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
will try it and will report back,thnx
@herve still nvidia optimus appear on system information,attache my system info ss

Attached Files

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,414 posts

Attach CLOVER folder, not only your config.plist

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

cyrhex, the entry in SysProfiler can be totally cosmetic. I can probably easily remove it... Can you check with HWMonitor app (it usually comes with FameSMC) if you have a GPU entry listed in the T° readings section?

Are you currently using a patched DSDT at all? Because I wouldn't to patch the posted raw/extracted table if you already use a patched version.

Here's a patched DSDT in which I've simply declared external method \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF that I call at the end of the device PEGP.

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   21.69KB   6 downloads

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
@herve using ur modified dsdt my nvidia optimus still appear on system information,my optimus wont appear on hwmonitor without ur dsdt modified,,

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

[...] my optimus wont appear on hwmonitor without ur dsdt modified,,

So you mean you never see the GPU un HWMonitor by default? But you do if you use the patched DSDT I posted?

In that case, consider that your dGPU is always disabled and you don't need my modified DSDT. Check after wake though, to be sure.

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

So you mean you never see the GPU un HWMonitor by default? But you do if you use the patched DSDT I posted?

In that case, consider that your dGPU is always disabled and you don't need my modified DSDT. Check after wake though, to be sure.

Yes by default it wont show on hwmonitor,but appear on system information,using ur modified dsdt it wont show on hwmonitor but appears on system information and my audio gone using ur modified dsdt,,

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Attach CLOVER folder, not only your config.plist

my acpi folder and config.plist

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

If you never see the GPU entry in HWMonitor, then you can consider it's disabled. The SysProfiler entry probably shows the hardware (it exists after all) but without any kext loaded, right? The picture you posted was truncated, so it's impossible to confirm...

You don't appear to inject my patched ssdt-3. It's not in ACPI/patched and not injected in Clover config.plist. Any reason why?

Can you please re-inject the ssdt-3 alongside your CPU-related ssdt and try this config.plist?

Attached File  config.plist.zip   2.75KB   5 downloads

And then post a new zipped copy of IORegistryExplorer's output + a zipped copy of a saved SysProfiler?

cyrhex

cyrhex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

If you never see the GPU entry in HWMonitor, then you can consider it's disabled. The SysProfiler entry probably shows the hardware (it exists after all) but without any kext loaded, right? The picture you posted was truncated, so it's impossible to confirm...

You don't appear to inject my patched ssdt-3. It's not in ACPI/patched and not injected in Clover config.plist. Any reason why?

Can you please re-inject the ssdt-3 alongside your CPU-related ssdt and try this config.plist?
attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

And then post a new zipped copy of IORegistryExplorer's output + a zipped copy of a saved SysProfiler?

Still my nvidia gpu shows on system information using the config.plist and ssdt 3 u've modified..ioreg and ss of my sytem info

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 3,077 posts

'doesn't mean it's enabled. 'seems to be purely a cosmetic matter.

You posted your IOREG, not the SysProfiler...

But try this new DSDT with this SSDT-3 and this Clover config (SMBIOS changed from MBP9,2 to MBA5,2).

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   21.61KB   3 downloads Attached File  ssdt-3.aml.zip   4.91KB   2 downloads Attached File  config.plist.zip   2.5KB   3 downloads

After that, I guess I'll have reached my limits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy