High Sierra on E6220 *macOS partition isn't showing*

Best Answer Blaggah, 03 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

@Herve, I must've overlooked that info but i overcame that problem by going a different route.  What i did was to do the installation a regular drive and then clone that drive to the ssd by using Paragon Partition Manager in windows. That program has saved me a lot and i'm glad to have come across it.  Thank you for the feedback.. We could close this thread now and mark it as successful.  I'm not using APFS.efi either.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Blaggah

Blaggah

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Here's my dilemma guys, I just recently got another Latitude E6220 which I'm trying to get High Sierra installed on. My older E6220 Sierra works perfectly and I'm using the same kexts and config.plist. Installation went smooth, but upon post installation I don't see the macOS partition from the Clover bootloader..Is there something I'm missing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 916 posts

Here's my dilemma guys, I just recently got another Latitude E6220 which I'm trying to get High Sierra installed on. My older E6220 Sierra works perfectly and I'm using the same kexts and config.plist. Installation went smooth, but upon post installation I don't see the macOS partition from the Clover bootloader..Is there something I'm missing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need to add apfsEFI to your Driver64EfI folder in clover EFi folder.    If Legacy boot you put it in Drivers64 folder.

Attached Files

Blaggah

Blaggah

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Thanks for the reply Gigamaxx, however i've just come to find out that High Sierra automatically converts SSDs to APFS format regardless even when upon formatting the drive i chose the right format scheme as OS X Extended Journaled.  I don't want to use APFS, i even removed the apfs.efi from my Driver64.Efi folder all together.  The APFS.efi file seems to give me extra boot partitions in the clover bootloader, and i just found out that was the case.. I guess the only thing for me to do now is to install using a regular drive to see if i could then clone that drive to the SSD.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Erm... I take it you're not aware of the command that'll allow you to avoid auto-conversion to APFS.

Once you've booted your HighSierra USB installer, do not proceed to installation but open up Terminal and type the following command:

/Volumes/"Image Volume"/"install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/<Target disk/part. name> --agreetolicense --converttoapfs NO

This will copy all the necessary installation files on the target partition/disk and your system will reboot thereafter. All you'll have to do to complete the installation (in HFS+ mode) will be to reboot the "Install macOS High Sierra from ..." and finalise the HiSierra setup.

Blaggah

Blaggah

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Best Answer

@Herve, I must've overlooked that info but i overcame that problem by going a different route.  What i did was to do the installation a regular drive and then clone that drive to the ssd by using Paragon Partition Manager in windows. That program has saved me a lot and i'm glad to have come across it.  Thank you for the feedback.. We could close this thread now and mark it as successful.  I'm not using APFS.efi either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy