Macbook core 2 duo, G4 used Powerbook, or what?

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.which do u think i should buy?

Considering my budget i'd like to get an apple laptop....

well actually i'm very doubtful about which one!

a used powerbook g4 1,5/1,67, 15,4" on ebay (700-900 euro) or

a new macbook core 2 duo (new 1119 euro).

i'm not gonna do video editing or somehting like that....mostly i need t to use office application like word ecc ecc..while i'm at the university...

what do u think?

ah no game at all...

thank u!!

any advice is well accepted!!

i supposed that..but i also knew that..if i was going to buy a macbook...i would have bought the 2,00ghz..with 1 gb ram and superdrive...

btw my greatest question is about the vga...:P

I have a macbook 2.0 Ghz core duo and I couldn't be happier. The GMA900 works fine, I run demanding programs, like aperture and final cut pro, no problem. I think people make a bigger deal of the limitations than they should. I've even loaded windows to play counter-strike before (I know it's an older game) but it played great.

I've even edited in final cut pro with dual monitors, running an external as a full-screen preview, no issues, don't remember it being crazy slow or anything.

I have a macbook 2.0 Ghz core duo and I couldn't be happier. The GMA900 works fine, I run demanding programs, like aperture and final cut pro, no problem. I think people make a bigger deal of the limitations than they should. I've even loaded windows to play counter-strike before (I know it's an older game) but it played great.

I've even edited in final cut pro with dual monitors, running an external as a full-screen preview, no issues, don't remember it being crazy slow or anything.

I've had 4 latops, Dell, IBM, and this is the best I've ever used, I love it. Speed, feel, look, operation, all great.

and...is there a great difference between the model with 1,83 or 2 ghz?

i know the ram, superdrive, 20gb hd, and cpu speed...so....what do u think?

Definitly a new macbook.

and...is there a great difference between the model with 1,83 or 2 ghz?

i know the ram, superdrive, 20gb hd, and cpu speed...so....what do u think?

You will want to have the ram anyway, and if you don't have another machine with burner go for it.

kkkkkkkkk thank u...yes i think i'll get that one....let's see :D

thank u!!

i'll order the white macbook 2,0 ghz tomorrow, thank u daddy :)

well i just ordered the 2,0 ghz, white one.

with student accomodation...gonan refceive it next week..my second mac..the used mac mini ppc wasn't such a good thing..i mean..to slow compared with what i m used to use