HS on 8700K, Coffee Lake

Brumbaer

37 posts in this topic

My main System was a 7700K since Friday it's a 8700K.

The System consists of

i7-8700k

32GB G-Skill-3000-14 RAM

Asus Strix Z370i Gaming

BCM43602 WiFi with M.2 Adapter from a Chinese supplier.

Vega Frontier

Samsung 960 Pro 2TB

Samsung 850 EVO 2TB for Backup

Kraken X62 AIO

Bootloader

Clover 4243

Config.plist no changes from 7700K.

SMBIOS 18,3

Kexts:

FakeSMC

IntelMausi

Lilu

AppleALC

BBStrixUSB - Enables USB3.0 and selects USB Ports - replaces USBInjectAll and Enabler Kext.

BBCoffee630.kext - Enables IGPU

Optional

Unsolid.kext - I used APFS, but on every boot it forced an fsck delaying the start for 15+ sec. So I decided to use HFS on the new build. This Kext marks all drives as not being SSDs. So they will not be converted to APFS. Must be loaded before the Update/Installerapp is started. If loaded when the install/update takes place it's too late. No fsck anymore, real fast boot now.

I386Accessor.kext - Needed fo AIO Control.

Operation

Works as well as the 7700K as far as I can see.

Performance

8700K - no OC. 

System 10.13.0.

CPU

Cinebench CPU: 1253cb.

Luxmark Ball: 2627

Luxmark Micro: 2268

Luxmark Lobby: 640

Geekbench 4.0 Single: 5140

Geekbench 4.0 Multi: 23610

IGPU

Cinebench OpenGL: 35,83fps. 

Luxmark Ball: 2392

Luxmark Micro: 1778

Luxmark Lobby: Crash

Geekbench 4 OpenCL: 22361

Geekbench 4 Metal: 20848

Not so hot.

Test wit X.M.P. memory profile.

CPU

Cinebench CPU: 1258cb.

Luxmark Ball: 3061

Luxmark Micro: 2717

Luxmark Lobby: 731

Geekbench 4.0 Single: 5455

Geekbench 4.0 Multi: 25291

Memory OC 3100 MHz, CPU 5100 MHz

CPU

Cinebench CPU: 1672cb.

Luxmark Ball: 3683

Luxmark Micro: 3183

Luxmark Lobby: 882

Geekbench 4.0 Single: 6833

Geekbench 4.0 Multi: 32349

Results differ all the time

Screenshots:

post-1634720-0-93723700-1508757466_thumb.jpg

post-1634720-0-13534500-1508757481_thumb.jpg

EFI Folder:

This is the EFI Folder used.

The zip-file contains a nvram.plist(courtesy to WebDriver users) and the EFI Folder. Copy both to the top level of your EFI Partition.

Copy to your EFI Partition.zip

• Like 10

My main System was a 7700K since Friday it's a 8700K.

The System consists of

i7-8700k

32GB G-Skill-3000-14 RAM

Asus Strix Z370i Gaming

BCM43602 WiFi with M.2 Adapter from a Chinese supplier.

Vega Frontier

Samsung 960 Pro 2TB

Samsung 850 EVO 2TB for Backup

Kraken X62 AIO

Bootloader

Clover 4243

Config.plist no changes from 7700K.

SMBIOS 18,3

Kexts:

FakeSMC

IntelMausi

Lilu

AppleALC

BBStrixUSB - Enables USB3.0 and selects USB Ports - replaces USBInjectAll and Enabler Kext.

BBCoffee630.kext - Enables IGPU

Optional

Unsolid.kext - I used APFS, but on every boot it forced an fsck delaying the start for 15+ sec. So I decided to use HFS on the new build. This Kext marks all drives as not being SSDs. So they will not be converted to APFS. Must be loaded before the Update/Installerapp is started. If loaded when the install/update takes place it's too late. No fsck anymore, real fast boot now.

I386Accessor.kext - Needed fo AIO Control.

Operation

Works as well as the 7700K as far as I can see.

Performance

8700K - no OC. 

System 10.13.0.

CPU

Cinebench CPU: 1253cb.

Luxmark Ball: 2627

Luxmark Micro: 2268

Luxmark Lobby: 640

Geekbench 4.0 Single: 5140

Geekbench 4.0 Multi: 23610

IGPU

Cinebench OpenGL: 35,83fps. 

Luxmark Ball: 2392

Luxmark Micro: 1778

Luxmark Lobby: Crash

Geekbench 4 OpenCL: 22361

Geekbench 4 Metal: 20848

Not so hot.

Test wit X.M.P. memory profile.

CPU

Cinebench CPU: 1258cb.

Luxmark Ball: 3061

Luxmark Micro: 2717

Luxmark Lobby: 731

Geekbench 4.0 Single: 5455

Geekbench 4.0 Multi: 25291

Memory OC 3100 MHz, CPU 5100 MHz

CPU

Cinebench CPU: 1672cb.

Luxmark Ball: 3683

Luxmark Micro: 3183

Luxmark Lobby: 882

Geekbench 4.0 Single: 6833

Geekbench 4.0 Multi: 32349

Results differ all the time

Screenshots:

attachicon.gif871.jpg

attachicon.gif872.jpg

Congratulations! Is there anything that doesn't work at this point? Also it would be useful to share your EFI folder for reference to similar builds.

• Like 1

Attached you will find my EFI Folder.

Note:

Serial Number changed of course.

Removed the optional kexts.

BBStrixUSB defines the USB Ports I use on my board. The port list will probably not be compatible with your board. You can change the Kext or replace it with USBInjectAll and an enabler Kext for Z200USB.

The folder is rather bare, you might have to add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi etc. as needed,

The EFI Folder has been moved to the first post.

Attached you will find my EFI Folder.

Note:

Serial Number changed of course.

Removed the optional kexts.

BBStrixUSB defines the USB Ports I use on my board. The port list will probably not be compatible with your board. You can change the Kext or replace it with USBInjectAll and an enabler Kext for Z200USB.

The folder is rather bare, you might have to add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi etc. as needed,

attachicon.gifEFI.zip

Thanks for sharing! right now installing on my Strix z370-F.

Can you share how can i make my USB work flawlessly like yours?

Also, does sleep work for you? i saw you left the CPU tab on config.plist untouched

Thanks

Sleep seems to work. Don't use it often, but tested a 4 hour sleep spell and it worked, even sound came back.

USB 3.1 is handled by an Asmedia Controller, which is supported by macOs so we ignore those.

That leaves USB 2.0 and 3.0 which are supported by the Chipset USB controller.

BBStrixUSB.kext (open by right clicking and selecting show package contents) is an ordinary kext with an Info.plist file only.

Open the Info.plist with XCode.

Of interest in Info.plist are the two IOKitPersonalities.

Strix Z370i Gaming and AppleUSBXHCISTB Z200.

The latter loads the driver for the XHCI chip - leave it alone.

Strix Z370i Gaming contains besides other things a field called model and a list of USB ports in IOProviderMergeProperties.

Right click on the window and select Show Raw Keys/Values to see all contents.

If you expand the relevant items you will see:

post-1634720-0-56841600-1508964126_thumb.jpg

!!!!!!!!!! Important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The value of the item called model is the SMBIOS type you use. In my case iMac18,3. You have to replace it with whatever SMBIOS you choose.

Under ports you find up to 15 entries, one for each USB port in use. Your chip has 24 usable ports, 14 HS and 10 SS ports. We name the ports HS01 to HS14 and SS01 to SS06.

Each port has an id. The HS ports use the ids 1 to 14 in Hex 0x01 to 0x0E, the SS ports use 17 to 22 in Hex 0x11 to 0x15. The id of an HS port is the number in it's name, the id of an SS port is the number of it's name plus 16.

MacOs has a limit of 15 ports that you can use, so you will have to select 15 out of the 26 ports for use. Which ones you use is up to you. Usually you select the ones connected to connectors at the backside of the mobo plus those ports you need for internal things like BT and AIO and the frontside connectors.

An USB 2.0 connector will use one HS port, an USB 3.0 connector will use one HS and one SS port. 

Which ports are connected to which port, you will have to find out. Look up some description of installing USBInjectall to learn how to find out which port is connected to which connector or because Asus is helpful in this regard look up the documentation of your mobo.

There will be a plan of where which USB port is. And each connector is named for the port it is connected to. Also Asus Mobos usually assign the SS and HS ports with the same number to the same connector. 

Example:

USB 7_10 is a 4 times connector and uses  HS Ports 7 to 10.

U31G1_34 is USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 is the same as USB 3.0), 34 are the ports 3 and 4. Because those are USB 3.0 connectors these use the HS ports 3 and 4 and the SS ports 3 and 4.

In my version I use only 14 ports:

HS3 to 5 and SS 3 to 5, because they are connected to USB 3.0 type A Connectors on the backshield.

HS7 to 10, because they are connected to USB 2.0 type A Connectors on the backshield.

HS11 and 12 are on an internal connector that I use for the AIO Cooler.

HS13 ist connected to the RGB controller and HS14 to the BT controller.

HS12 and 13 I do not really need and could use 2 other ports instead like the USB 3.0 C connector on the back.

You will find an entry for each port under ports.

Let's look at HS13

First there is the name HS13 could be anything else, but using HS13 makes clear what it is.

UsbConnector  is the type of connector the port is connected to. Possible Values are:

0 an ordinary USB2.0 Typ A connector - the wide, black ones.

3 an ordinary USB3.0 Typ A connector - the wide, blue ones.

9 USB-C conenctor

255 unknown or custom. All Headers fall in this category.

HS13 on my board is a header, so the value here is 255.

port contains the channel id as a 4 byte hex value.

In this case its 0d000000

Let's do a second one

SS05 is the name

UsbConnector is 3, because it's an USB 3.0 Type-A connector at the back.

port is 15000000, because the id of an SS port is the number + 16 which is 21 in hex 0x15.

If you really need more ports, you can define more ports, but only the first 15 will be used, except if you use an USBPortLimit Patch Google it, if you are interested. 

• Like 2

Sleep seems to work. Don't use it often, but tested a 4 hour sleep spell and it worked, even sound came back.

USB 3.1 is handled by an Asmedia Controller, which is supported by macOs so we ignore those.

That leaves USB 2.0 and 3.0 which are supported by the Chipset USB controller.

BBStrixUSB.kext (open by right clicking and selecting show package contents) is an ordinary kext with an Info.plist file only.

Open the Info.plist with XCode.

Of interest in Info.plist are the two IOKitPersonalities.

Strix Z370i Gaming and AppleUSBXHCISTB Z200.

The latter loads the driver for the XHCI chip - leave it alone.

Strix Z370i Gaming contains besides other things a field called model and a list of USB ports in IOProviderMergeProperties.

Right click on the window and select Show Raw Keys/Values to see all contents.

If you expand the relevant items you will see:

attachicon.gifBBStrix.jpg

!!!!!!!!!! Important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The value of the item called model is the SMBIOS type you use. In my case iMac18,3. You have to replace it with whatever SMBIOS you choose.

Under ports you find up to 15 entries, one for each USB port in use. Your chip has 24 usable ports, 14 HS and 10 SS ports. We name the ports HS01 to HS14 and SS01 to SS06.

Each port has an id. The HS ports use the ids 1 to 14 in Hex 0x01 to 0x0E, the SS ports use 17 to 22 in Hex 0x11 to 0x15. The id of an HS port is the number in it's name, the id of an SS port is the number of it's name plus 16.

MacOs has a limit of 15 ports that you can use, so you will have to select 15 out of the 26 ports for use. Which ones you use is up to you. Usually you select the ones connected to connectors at the backside of the mobo plus those ports you need for internal things like BT and AIO and the frontside connectors.

An USB 2.0 connector will use one HS port, an USB 3.0 connector will use one HS and one SS port. 

Which ports are connected to which port, you will have to find out. Look up some description of installing USBInjectall to learn how to find out which port is connected to which connector or because Asus is helpful in this regard look up the documentation of your mobo.

There will be a plan of where which USB port is. And each connector is named for the port it is connected to. Also Asus Mobos usually assign the SS and HS ports with the same number to the same connector. 

Example:

USB 7_10 is a 4 times connector and uses  HS Ports 7 to 10.

U31G1_34 is USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 is the same as USB 3.0), 34 are the ports 3 and 4. Because those are USB 3.0 connectors these use the HS ports 3 and 4 and the SS ports 3 and 4.

In my version I use only 14 ports:

HS3 to 5 and SS 3 to 5, because they are connected to USB 3.0 type A Connectors on the backshield.

HS7 to 10, because they are connected to USB 2.0 type A Connectors on the backshield.

HS11 and 12 are on an internal connector that I use for the AIO Cooler.

HS13 ist connected to the RGB controller and HS14 to the BT controller.

HS12 and 13 I do not really need and could use 2 other ports instead like the USB 3.0 C connector on the back.

You will find an entry for each port under ports.

Let's look at HS13

First there is the name HS13 could be anything else, but using HS13 makes clear what it is.

UsbConnector  is the type of connector the port is connected to. Possible Values are:

0 an ordinary USB2.0 Typ A connector - the wide, black ones.

3 an ordinary USB3.0 Typ A connector - the wide, blue ones.

9 USB-C conenctor

255 unknown or custom. All Headers fall in this category.

HS13 on my board is a header, so the value here is 255.

port contains the channel id as a 4 byte hex value.

In this case its 0d000000

Let's do a second one

SS05 is the name

UsbConnector is 3, because it's an USB 3.0 Type-A connector at the back.

port is 15000000, because the id of an SS port is the number + 16 which is 21 in hex 0x15.

If you really need more ports, you can define more ports, but only the first 15 will be used, except if you use an USBPortLimit Patch Google it, if you are interested. 

Thanks for this,

What if i try this kext on my system? i dont need all the ports,15 like yours is more than enough.

right now my USB works but i have sleep issues(wake up right after sleep) and i also lose audio.

CodecCommander.kext should help about the audio.

Sleep might be anything. 

Send the computer to sleep.

When it's fully awake again, start the console application.

Enter wake reason in the search field.

This will give you a hint what caused the wake i.e. XHCI has something to do with an USB device or port.

Search in this forum or google what you can do to solve the issue.

@Brumbaer

Thanks for the useful information and congratulations on your new rig :)

can you please tell me more about the GPU's temps?

I checked your config.plist and there is no FakeCPUID, so it's not need, Coffee Lake has native support in High Sierra?

and why do you still use -alcbeta and -lilubeta? I believe with the latest version of the AppleALC and Lilu, they are not needed anymore.

And one last thing, I see you don't use WhateverGreen, so I assume Vega now works OOB without the need of a helper card right?

Thanks in advance

@Brumbaer

Thanks for the useful information and congratulations on your new rig :)

can you please tell me more about the GPU's temps?

Haven‘t messured Gpu temps, but the card is very warm to the touch, even after non demanding use. Much warmer than the 1080TI.

I checked your config.plist and there is no FakeCPUID, so it's not need, Coffee Lake has native support in High Sierra?

Would it work otherwise ? Having said that, macos still calls it unknown. Sleep does work and different SVIDs are set, so I‘d say it‘s supported.

and why do you still use -alcbeta and -lilubeta? I believe with the latest version of the AppleALC and Lilu, they are not needed anymore.

So, what ? At one time I will need them again and I can‘t see them to cause incompatibilities or to hit performance.

And one last thing, I see you don't use WhateverGreen, so I assume Vega now works OOB without the need of a helper card right?

I thought it common knowledge that Vega Frontier worked OOB without helper card since it‘ it was first included in the Amd..5000 kext. It never needed helper card, WhateverGreen or patches etc. Regardless the Vega-OpenGL driver has lots of room for improvement. OpenCL and Metal seem fine.

Have a nice weekend.

Haven‘t messured Gpu temps, but the card is very warm to the touch, even after non demanding use. Much warmer than the 1080TI.

Would it work otherwise ? Having said that, macos still calls it unknown. Sleep does work and different SVIDs are set, so I‘d say it‘s supported.

So, what ? At one time I will need them again and I can‘t see them to cause incompatibilities or to hit performance.

I thought it common knowledge that Vega Frontier worked OOB without helper card since it‘ it was first included in the Amd..5000 kext. It never needed helper card, WhateverGreen or patches etc. Regardless the Vega-OpenGL driver has lots of room for improvement. OpenCL and Metal seem fine.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks for the reply and the confirmation. I've been searching about the Vega GPUs and some people still use the WhateveGreen.kext so I just needed the confirmation that it works OOB.

About the FakeCPUID I'm not sure if it works or not because I don't have a Coffee Lake processor and I haven't tested the Z370 series yet. Maybe with the next update Apple will include the CPUIDs for the Coffee Lake processors. There are some rumors about a new Mac mini with Coffee Lake processor.

You have nice weekend as well.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am working on my first build. Be nice ;)

I got it up an running, with internet. I haven't tried sound yet. Benchmarks will be forthcoming later in the week.

Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7

i7-8700K

64GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200

Samsung EVO 960 PCIe NVMe (biggest issue so far, but resolved)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2

I am having issues with the display, though. I have BBCoffee630 loaded and can see both cards in the system profile — Thanks to Brumbaer for making me aware of this.

The Nvidia card does not appear in the Nvidia control panel. (all slots are supposedly empty), but I do see it in the profiler.

System profiler says no kexts were loaded for Nvidia.

I do have the option for Web Drivers, but they don't seem to load correctly.

While I hope this is good news for many of you (given that a complete rookie got this going in 2 days!), I would appreciate suggestions to fix my graphics issues.

Thanks!

Did that and had problems booting. Running Clover 4268.

At first, slow progress bar after 50%, then eventually hangs with the spinning '|' (not the colored beach ball).

Unchecked InjectIntel and disabled Internal Graphics in BIOS. (was on Auto). Interestingly, if I hit the space bar in Clover boot and then select Boot MacOS with Selected options—but without changing anything at all—then I can boot, but the screen still has artifacts.

If I enable Internal Graphics in the BIOS and InjectIntel in Clover, then booting is slow after the 50% (again), but this time, after the progress bar disappears I don't get the spinning bar, but I have a black screen with the mouse pointer and nothing else. The mouse pointer does move, so the computer is not hung. I left the computer on for about 15 minutes to see if anything happened, but it appears to just stay there.

Tried disabling BBCoffee630 in Clover boot screen, which didn't change anything. I can only boot with the spacebar trick in the clover boot window, as mentioned above.

Tried setting CSR flag to 0x67 as I read somewhere that having it on (0x3) can prevent NVIDIA from install web drivers. That didn't do anything.

I'm wondering if there is something with the latest Clover, as the GUI is a little messed up and setting the theme in the configurator doesn't take effect.

A more likely possibility us be that I don't have the right kexts, although I'm pretty sure I downloaded the latest ones.

My kexts:

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1

Lilu.kext 1.1.6

Lilu.kext.dSYM 1.1.6

BBCoffee.kext 0.1.0

NVIDIA Web Driver: 378.10.10.10.15.121

PS. NVIDIA issue might be overlap with this threadhttp://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/328682-nvidia-web-driver-causing-crashing-during-boot-in-high-sierra/

• Like 1

Hey Brumbaer. I'm new to the hackintosh scene and I'm about to install HS onto a new build. I downloaded your EFI folder but did not see Unsolid.kext in there.

Also, when you say the kext has to be loaded before installing, what exactly do you mean? Is there a step to take to load this kext beforehand? 

Sorry for the noob questions. 

• Like 1

You put UnSolid in the Other folder in the kext folder of your Clover installation.

To be working you must have booted from the Clover Installation containing UnSolid, when starting the install macos High Sierra app.

UnSolid is an optional kext, not needed for the install, so it's not included. If you want to use it, why not google, duckduck or whatever for it ?

IGPU works for me. Tested it with a 4k Monitor at full resolution and graphics output has been accelerated. I use a 8700K. The pciid of it's gpu is 0x3E928086. If you have a CPU with a different pciid (i.e. Coffee Lake i3) for it's gpu the kext will not work.

Didn't care about a SSDT for PM. PM is good enough as it is for me. Sleep is working, USB and all devices are working as they should, so no need for a SSDT or DSDT - besides the HDA->HDEF patch in Clover.

Anyway thanks for asking, it triggered an idea about something to test.

• Like 1

IGPU works for me. Tested it with a 4k Monitor at full resolution and graphics output has been accelerated. I use a 8700K. The pciid of it's gpu is 0x3E928086. If you have a CPU with a different pciid (i.e. Coffee Lake i3) for it's gpu the kext will not work.

Didn't care about a SSDT for PM. PM is good enough as it is for me. Sleep is working, USB and all devices are working as they should, so no need for a SSDT or DSDT - besides the HDA->HDEF patch in Clover.

Anyway thanks for asking, it triggered an idea about something to test.

Hello @Brumbaer thanks for the EFI folder.I have the same motherboard as you but i5 8400 cpu.Everything working good except the Intel UHD Graphics 630. At first it was working good but after 5 min  the image had glitches.Restarted and booted ok but when i used chrome the image broked again.I think pciid is ok because HWINFO gives me this Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3E92&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00. Any ideas? here is a video https://drive.google.com/open?id=10HYxIP-np978N6EuO1AQjjdQT7Zi8E14Nw

Asus Strix Z370i Gaming

i5-8400

16GB G-Skill-3200mhz 

Samsung 960 Evo 250gb

4k LG 27ud68 connected with DP

• Like 1

Hello @Brumbaer thanks for the EFI folder.I have the same motherboard as you but i5 8400 cpu.Everything working good except the Intel UHD Graphics 630. At first it was working good but after 5 min  the image had glitches.Restarted and booted ok but when i used chrome the image broked again.I think pciid is ok because HWINFO gives me this Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3E92&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00. Any ideas? here is a video https://drive.google.com/open?id=10HYxIP-np978N6EuO1AQjjdQT7Zi8E14Nw

Asus Strix Z370i Gaming

i5-8400

16GB G-Skill-3200mhz 

Samsung 960 Evo 250gb

4k LG 27ud68 connected with DP

3E92 is not listed in AppleIntelKBLFramebuffer, so no way to get acceleration without spoofing id to something compatible and listed like IntelGFX FakeID 0x59128086 and ig-platform 0x59120000. (or use the user provided Kext that injects the pciid.

I also run the 8700k, and there is indeed no FakeCPU id neccessary as the ID is pretty much the same as 7700k except of last 2 Byte beeing EA instead of E9.

This is because CoffeeLake is a Kaby Lake with more kernels. 

The Unknown Model always stays, as there is no real world Apple Hardware with unlocked K CPU (had the same message with 4790K)

I am fine with currently available P States and verified them working with Intel Power Gadget.app.

• Like 1

First Hackintosh and first PC build in a very long time. Overall, this went very well, so I hope this helps others too :)

I set this up for video production and image processing, not for gaming, so some parts of the system might look wimpy and others will be overkill. Also, I plan to dial back some of the overclocking; these settings are as far as I could go (though perhaps not as far as I should go). It would be nice to get Intel QuickSync running for video encoding, but that is not working (yet).

CoffeeLake 8700k (edited for improvement with HD630; in "Notes" below)

GeekBench scores:

——————

Single-core 7076

Multi-core 33339

GTX1080

Metal 1760281

CUDA 218882

OpenCL 171738

HD630

Metal <30000

OpenCL 0 (zero)

Cinebench R15:

——————

160 fps / 1721 cb / 229 cb

Note that these numbers vary a bit on each run.

Core Build

——————

Intel i7-8700k 3.7 GHz — O.C. 5.4 GHz. <<<< I appear to have lucked out with the Silicon Lottery. From a rough online search, most don’t run about 5.2 without delidding. Ran Heaven and RealBench for an hour without any issues.

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 rev. 1.0 F4a

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming iCX 11GHz — 08G-P4-6686-KR — 1721 MHZ, O.C. 2113 MHz (see note below); running 3 monitors (two 4K via DisplayPort and one 1080p via HDMI)

Fenvi FV9801 802.11AC WiFi / Bluetooth PCIe card

G.Skill TridentZ 4x16GB DDR4 CL16 — F4-3200C16D-32GTZSK (O.C. at 3300)

Drives - Boot

——————

Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 PCIe 1TB — MZ-V6E1T0BW (boot with MacOS)

WD Blue 3D M.2 SATA 500GB — WDS500G2B0B (boot with Win10)

LG 14x SATA Blu-Ray internal burner OEM — WH14NS40 (boot with CDs)

Drives - Other

——————

Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMw M.2 PCIe 256GB — RVD400-M22280-256G

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SATA III — MZ-75E500B/AM

Toshiba X300 6TB SATA Internal

StarTech USB 3.0 Internal Multi-Card Reader with UHS-II Support

Case / Power / Cooling

——————

Corsair Carbide 330R with Corsair 300R ventilated side-panel

Corsair HX1200 Platinum — CP-9020140-NA

G.Skill FTB-3500C5-DR (on DDR4)

Corsair H115i Extreme w/ Arctic Silver 5 compound — AS5-3.5G

6 x 140mm Corsair fans (including H115i), 1 x 120mm Corsair fan, PSU has own built-in fan

Systems / OS

——————

MacOS 10.13.0 (17A405) “High Sierra” — all Mac drives are Journaled Extended MacOS (JHFS+); no APFS.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Clover

——————

Clover Bootloader 2.4 4259

Clover Configurator 4.55.0.0

Manual addition of kexts to 'other' folder.

Had to modify DSDT for audio; nothing major: change HDAS to HDEF, find 48444153, replace with 48444536, ResetHDA, Inject 7 (Audio)

For HD630, using ig-platform-id = 0x59120000, IntelGFX = 0x59128086, and InjectIntel.

Running as: iMac 18,3

Kexts (all in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other)

——————

AppleALC.kext 1.2.0

AppleALC.kext.dSYM 1.2.0

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext 2.2.2

BBCoffee630.kext 0.1.0

FakeSMC.kext 6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

HDMIAudio.kext 1.0

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.0

IntelMausiEthernet.kext 2.3.0

Lilu.kext 1.2.0

Lilu.kext.dSYM 1.2.0

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1

RealtekRTL8111.kext 2.2.1

USBInjectAll.kext 0.6.2

Works

——————

WiFi 802.11n and ac

Bluetooth (with Apple keyboard and MagicTrack Pad 2; see note below)

Logitech Anywere MX mouse (with receiver)

Audio (back panel and front panel)

USB 3.0

iMessage

iCloud

FaceTime

Continuity / Handoff

AppStore

Universal Copy/Paste

Eject key with DVD reader

Not Working

——————

• Integrated Graphics / HD630, including Sync; see note below.
  • CorsairLink for H115i pump works with workaround; see note below.
  • Overclocking on EVGA 1080 FTW 2; see note below.
  • Sleep & shut down; they do make Mac OS go down, but the system then wakes up again immediately / have not looked into this yet.
  • One of my monitors doesn't always wake up; same issue on Windows, so I am guessing it is an issue with the monitor, not the OS.

Notes

——————

• Magic TrackPad 2 doesn’t allow me to tap-drag. I can double tap, but I have to click-drag.
  • NVIDIA 378.10.10.10.15.121 & CUDA 9.0.222. Installed NVIDIA web drivers using SIP procedure. Later installed CUDA 8.x and updated through CUDA System Pane (Control Panel).
  • About HD630:
    • System Profiler sees iGPU
    • Geekbench sees iGPU as KBL and benchmarks Metal, but fails on OpenCL
    • Tried various other known 630 hacks, to no avail; most either do nothing or interfere with NVIDIA drivers. Only BBCoffee630 identifies iGPU (thanks to Brumbaer again).
    • Pump was configured with CorsairLink in Windows and settings saved to device. Unplugged USB and connected fans to MB. Now pump works in MacOS (on its own, actually) and fans are controlled by BIOS (do this at your own risk, as getting this wrong leaves your CPU with no cooling at all!! 
  • EVGA 1080 apparently doesn’t store OC settings in memory; you have to either [a] reset every time or  flash to BIOS.  For [a] there is no software that I can find for MacOS; maybe someone knows how to port Nvidiux or similar utilities for command-line setup. For , NVIDIA apparently have locked Pascal boards for BIOS mods, so you can’t set up the board in Windows, flash it, and maintain settings in MacOS X.

Hi @Brumbaer,

I thank you for your unselfish sharing of knowledge. And I am to, just like @wasabicoder interested in your "I386Accessor.kext", since I will be building a hackintosh soon with a Coffee Lake 8700K processor. I also wanted to buy a NZXT Kraken X52 CPU cooler and I saw that you mentioned a kext to control it "I386Accessor.kext". Could you please explain what it does exactly and maybe share it with us since it is not inclouded with your shared EFI folder.

P.S.: I always try googling for answers so I do not bother people with unecesarry questions but this time google has failed me. I couldnt find anything similar and the only other hit is YOUR post on hackintosh-foroum.de in "Coffee Lake Sammelthread (lauffähige Konfigurationen) Desktop".

Thank you in advance,

Leon

I386Accessor does not control the AIO. It only collects data for it, like FakeSMCSensors do.

Still you have to copy it into the Other folder on your EFI partition, for the control software to get it's data.

To control the AIO you will need the Info.app.

It has to run to control the AIO, so when you are sure everything is working correctly set it up to run at startup.

Info has some Info/animation screens. Verlauf and Instrumente show the current values of processor temperature, water-temperature and such. One shows the current value the other a timeline.

Both screens allow you to set the control curve for pump and fan. I'm sure you can figure out how it works.

The software is supposed to support X62. I think X52 uses the same "controller", so it might work as well. It did work at some point with X60 and some Corsair AIOs. Don't know whether it still does.

This is the main reason I do not really want to make it available, because I do not have any interest in it beyond what I currently use. 

I switched to a custom water loop and built my own controller, so Info will only support the X62 until it breaks for the first time and I will not try to get it running again.

So feel free to see whether it runs on your system, but I will not invest any time in trying to get it running if it does not do so.

Sorry, but my days only have 24 hours and 25 of them are already accounted for.

Archive.zip

P.S.

The AIO has an USB connector which has to be connected to your mobo and the USB port must be working. So you might have to change your configuration depending on how you configured your USB ports.

• Like 1