AMD Ryzen High Sierra Install Guide.

Gigamaxx

67 posts in this topic

Not sure what the problem is with your bluetooth, if you can go to the clover shell and type: devices, and use the page up to scroll to find your bluetooth device and post a screenshot.

Also, an IOJones report with GUSB loaded, and one without would be helpful to figuring out why it's not working.

VlWFdFM.jpg

Attached report with GenericUSB loaded.

GenericUSB not loaded (#2)

DPyro’s iMac.zip

DPyro’s iMac 2.zip

VlWFdFM.jpg

You seem to have the same setup with your USB ports that I do, the PTXH device should simulate USB2. I can't say why this is working for me, but not for you, maybe I have another version of GenericUSB than you?

Hey there,

I followed the install guide and I go successfully to the installation screen. But I see no hard drives on which I can install high sierra.
My specs are:

AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor
Gigabyte - X399 AORUS Gaming 7 ATX TR4 Motherboard
Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Corsair - Vengeance LED 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

And it would be a clean install from scratch

Any help would be perfect

Hey there,

I followed the install guide and I go successfully to the installation screen. But I see no hard drives on which I can install high sierra.

My specs are:

AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor

Gigabyte - X399 AORUS Gaming 7 ATX TR4 Motherboard

Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card

Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Corsair - Vengeance LED 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

And it would be a clean install from scratch

Any help would be perfect

Do you see clover boot screen with no drive icons? You probably need to put the apfsefi file in the Clover/Drivers64EFI folder. I’m on a tablet so I can’t post it for you do a search.

Also, in install screen you can select disk utility and format the drive to APFS. If it’s a SSD it wants to default to this mode older HDD drives may still give you the option of HFS+ Journaled.

VlWFdFM.jpg

Have you tried using verbose, single user, don’t reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug kexts? It should stop at root# type in “mount -uw”. Without “” marks. Then at root# type “fsck -fy”. Then at root# “exit”. It will probably end at Black screen. Reboot normally after this. P.S. are you using nv_disable=1?

Do you see clover boot screen with no drive icons? You probably need to put the apfsefi file in the Clover/Drivers64EFI folder. I’m on a tablet so I can’t post it for you do a search.

Also, in install screen you can select disk utility and format the drive to APFS. If it’s a SSD it wants to default to this mode older HDD drives may still give you the option of HFS+ Journaled.

I have managed to find the hard drives over the diskutil, made a fusion drive of the ssd and hdd and started the installation. After about 1 minute it automatically restarts and I try to continue with the terminal command "Volumes/Image\ Volume/PreInstall/pre" but I get following error

post-2318270-0-57725600-1510860950_thumb.jpeg

Are you trying to setup on a fusion drive with 2 drives? Maybe installing on only one drive would be a better option for now?

For the above message, did you try reboot and using the macHD drive to continue the install?

Ok, then i am going to erase the fusion drive and try to install it on the ssd only.

I tried to reboot but in the glover menu I had no new drive so I was only able to boot again from usb...

I tried also the postinstall method, but there is no such file or directory :(

Have you tried using verbose, single user, don’t reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug kexts? It should stop at root# type in “mount -uw”. Without “” marks. Then at root# type “fsck -fy”. Then at root# “exit”. It will probably end at Black screen. Reboot normally after this. P.S. are you using nv_disable=1?

What is this suppose to do? Still not working for me.

So overnight the installer went well and I am now trying to get everything work. 

Graphic card is not detected, but cpu, ram and hdd are in the system. But I try to follow the guide

You have to install the nVidia Web Drivers for you 1080, and set Clover to use the Web Drivers, or install the nvram scripts with Clover, so the nVidia control panel can write to "nvram".

On an odd note, my B350-F motherboard won't boot OS X at all with an nVidia card installed?

nv_disable=1 as a boot-arg doesn't seem to work anymore with High Sierra. I know nVidia moved nv_driver=1 from the boot-args with Sierra, so they must have moved nv_disable too. Can anyone tell me how to use it now, I keep 2 nVidia cards in my system for Visualization in Linux, and it's a real pain to have to pull them to boot the macOS?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an NVMe drive which I installed windows 10 on and now want to swap the old SSD which had windows to use mac. No matter what I've tried it won't show up in the boot menu as UEFI and won't boot as legacy. Anyone got any ideas? Oh, and same thing with bootable usb. Can't boot from USB as UEFI, can only boot using the old HDD with high sierra and then boot mac usb install (but after the 1st step of installing to ssd, ssd doesn't show in clover).

Hi,

I'm sorry if this question might have already been asked but I haven't found any solution yet.

I'm unsuccessfully trying to install OSX on my machine. The farer I've been so far is booting to Clover on the USB stick…

Yet, following the latest USB install configuration http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-24?do=findComment&comment=2519914, for the first time I went over and my machine stated to boot on USB OSX system but it gets stuck half way on the progression bar, then the Apple logo is replaced by a "forbidden" sign. And that's it.

Do you have a clue of what should I do to, at least, be able to fully boot on the stick and be able to format the main HD to install High Sierra ?

Sorry if my English is unclear as it is not my native language and thanks in advance for any help. ;)

Managed to re-install high sierra on ssd using fresh usb created in pandora. Next issue is adding windows 10 nvme drive to clover boot menu. I managed to get it to show up but when I try to boot to it I get windows blue screen. In windows repair drive shows up as F:\windows. How to fix?

EDIT: Fixed by converting nvme disk to GPT (no idea why it wasn't before)

mbr2gpt /validate /allowfullos

mbr2gpt /convert /allowfullos

My NvidiaCard doesn't get detected after installing the webdriver. I already enabled the NvidiaWeb under the System Parameters Tab and installed the EmuVariableUefi...but still my card don't get recognized at all.

Any help?

My NvidiaCard doesn't get detected after installing the webdriver. I already enabled the NvidiaWeb under the System Parameters Tab and installed the EmuVariableUefi...but still my card don't get recognized at all.

Any help?

Use only the latest:

Do not use NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext with them!

Reboot

• 1 month later...

I have managed to find the hard drives over the diskutil, made a fusion drive of the ssd and hdd and started the installation. After about 1 minute it automatically restarts and I try to continue with the terminal command "Volumes/Image\ Volume/PreInstall/pre" but I get following error

Hello,there.

What did you do that made you can see SATA drive in disk utility?

I have same hardware(mobo is ASUS ROG x399) sucked at installer

It could be helpful if you share what have you done

Thanks anyway. Found out that i wasn't the only one having this problem.

Managed to see my SATA drives by using Tool->Terminal->diskutil list

Thank you very much!

Turns out that when hard drive is brand new brought one(with no partition) same problem happends and sulotion by using diskutil always work!(Tried twice)

I have been able to load the latest High Sierra 13.4 developer beta version 1.   It has some new kernel and prelinkedkernel issues but I was able to repeat my install from a freshly loaded disk.    I started with the High Sierra public release 13.3 and replaced the kernel and relinked kernel and system kext.    Then I used the Dev. bets utility and downloaded the beta HS 13.4 version 1 from the App Store.    This method will require a working Intel Hackintosh along with your Ryzen system.    

Get you Ryzen system running in High Sierra 13.3 and drag your kernel (Bronya kernel) to desktop for a copy.    Download Shanee's kernel updater app from the downloads section here.  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/919-amd-kernel-updater/

Follow the directions to update your kernel using app and it will place the 13.3 updated kernel into your S/L/kernel folder.    Check kernel date for update status to see if it worked.    Now run Kext wizard or other kext utility too rebuild permissions and rebuild caches.    After its completed drag this kernel to desktop and replace the one there from previous the time.    Go to the prelionked kernel folder and drag a copy of it as well.    Put these in a new folder and load onto your working Intel Hackintosh for editing later.

Run your update for the beta from App Store and at reboot turn off your system and remove the drive.    Place the drive in your Intel system and use the Intel system to boot into the Install package.    It should reboot a few times during the install and when the "boot form Install" option tab is no longer there and only the original drive tab for your Ryzen system is there do not boot into it yet.   Boot into your intel system and do these edits.

Open the Ryzen drive on your desktop and go the kernel folder.    Select the new kernel and right click on it until it turns whit then add a 2 to the end and hit enter.    You should get the password prompt for the name change.   It should look like this kernel2.    Next drag the updated kernel form earlier to the kernel folder you should get Authenticate option and password.    

Next go to your prelinkedkernel folder and open it.   Right click on the prelinkedkernel and trash it.    follow prompts.    Now drag your updated prelinkedkernel to the prelinkedkernel folder and follow prompts.     

Before you test use kext wizard or other utility, I prefer kext wizard because you can specify the drive you want to repair, make sure to select your Ryzen drive for this function.   This works well when editing a disk that is not you boot disk.

Shut down Intel system and remove your Ryzen drive and install in your Ryzen system.    On first boot hit the space bar and select verbose, single user when it stops at root# type in "mount -uw" without "" marks.   At 2nd root$ type: 'fsck -fy", then at 3rd root# type "exit".  it should boot into High Sierra beta 13.4 beta 1 and you will be set.     

Below are my Folders so you can see the layout you can try them but since they are tailored to my system they may not work for others.    But they might so give them a try but make sure you haver backup drives to test with or can afford a broken configuration.

post-1753549-0-55667900-1517190848_thumb.pngpost-1753549-0-81509500-1517190860_thumb.png

Kernels for High Sierra 13.4 beta 1.zip

• Like 1

I have been able to load the latest High Sierra 13.4 developer beta version 1.   It has some new kernel and prelinkedkernel issues but I was able to repeat my install from a freshly loaded disk.    I started with the High Sierra public release 13.3 and replaced the kernel and relinked kernel and system kext.    Then I used the Dev. bets utility and downloaded the beta HS 13.4 version 1 from the App Store.    This method will require a working Intel Hackintosh along with your Ryzen system.    

Get you Ryzen system running in High Sierra 13.3 and drag your kernel (Bronya kernel) to desktop for a copy.    Download Shanee's kernel updater app from the downloads section here.  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/919-amd-kernel-updater/

Follow the directions to update your kernel using app and it will place the 13.3 updated kernel into your S/L/kernel folder.    Check kernel date for update status to see if it worked.    Now run Kext wizard or other kext utility too rebuild permissions and rebuild caches.    After its completed drag this kernel to desktop and replace the one there from previous the time.    Go to the prelionked kernel folder and drag a copy of it as well.    Put these in a new folder and load onto your working Intel Hackintosh for editing later.

Run your update for the beta from App Store and at reboot turn off your system and remove the drive.    Place the drive in your Intel system and use the Intel system to boot into the Install package.    It should reboot a few times during the install and when the "boot form Install" option tab is no longer there and only the original drive tab for your Ryzen system is there do not boot into it yet.   Boot into your intel system and do these edits.

Open the Ryzen drive on your desktop and go the kernel folder.    Select the new kernel and right click on it until it turns whit then add a 2 to the end and hit enter.    You should get the password prompt for the name change.   It should look like this kernel2.    Next drag the updated kernel form earlier to the kernel folder you should get Authenticate option and password.    

Next go to your prelinkedkernel folder and open it.   Right click on the prelinkedkernel and trash it.    follow prompts.    Now drag your updated prelinkedkernel to the prelinkedkernel folder and follow prompts.     

Before you test use kext wizard or other utility, I prefer kext wizard because you can specify the drive you want to repair, make sure to select your Ryzen drive for this function.   This works well when editing a disk that is not you boot disk.

Shut down Intel system and remove your Ryzen drive and install in your Ryzen system.    On first boot hit the space bar and select verbose, single user when it stops at root# type in "mount -uw" without "" marks.   At 2nd root$ type: 'fsck -fy", then at 3rd root# type "exit".  it should boot into High Sierra beta 13.4 beta 1 and you will be set.     

Below are my Folders so you can see the layout you can try them but since they are tailored to my system they may not work for others.    But they might so give them a try but make sure you haver backup drives to test with or can afford a broken configuration.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-28 at 5.06.32 PM.pngattachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-01-28 at 5.13.05 PM.png

attachicon.gifKernels for High Sierra 13.4 beta 1.zip

Thanks for your prompt reply and help.

However following your method at the link still got the same issue at both Intel and AMD hackintoshs:

Once Bronya's kernel replaced original Intel kernel in /System/Library/Kernels/ by kernelupdate.app it could not successfully complete rebuild prelinkedkernel which always got size of Zero Bytes.

The error messages of kernelupdate.app including the following:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleSMC]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOPolledInterface' for vtable 'vtable for SMCPolledInterface' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleSMC]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOPolledInterface' for vtable 'vtable for SMCPolledInterface' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Link failed (error code 5).

Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleSMC; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Can't use AppleSMC.kext - not linked.

Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBusPowerController; omitting from prelinked kernel.

kxld[com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBCommon]: In interface com.apple.kpi.mach of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _mach_bridge_register_regwrite_timestamp_callback

kxld[com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBCommon]: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol __ZN17IOPolledInterface16setEncryptionKeyEPKhm

kxld[com.apple.driver.usb.Applekxld[com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBCommon]: In interface com.apple.kpi.libkern of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _random_buf

kxld[com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBCommon]: In interface com.apple.kpi.bsd of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bpf_tap_packet_in

kxld[com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBCommon]: In interface com.apple.kpi.bsd of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bpf_tap_packet_out

Can't use AppleBusPowerController.kext - not linked.

Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Can't use IOUSBHostFamily.kext - not linked.

Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.KernelRelayHost; aborting prelink.

Failed to generate prelinked kernel.

Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[659] exited with status 71.

Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

Kernel Updated. You can now reboot.

AMD-OSX.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a asus crosshair hero vi and every time the installer loads up and I click the arrow to start installing it tells me it cannot connect to the recovery server. I can see it’s using the small trees drivers for the Ethernet and it is receiving packets but it doesn’t look like it sends packets and ping fails.

The installer wont go past that screen even if I unplug the Ethernet cable or disable network. I tried updating the time but since the connection is broke it can’t fetch the time. Not sure if there is a bypass.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, Ozfer said:

I have a asus crosshair hero vi and every time the installer loads up and I click the arrow to start installing it tells me it cannot connect to the recovery server. I can see it’s using the small trees drivers for the Ethernet and it is receiving packets but it doesn’t look like it sends packets and ping fails.

The installer wont go past that screen even if I unplug the Ethernet cable or disable network. I tried updating the time but since the connection is broke it can’t fetch the time. Not sure if there is a bypass.

Try disabling the LAN in the BIOS and continue. If that fails remove the SmallTree kext from the EFI kext folder for the install.

I tried removing the small trees and disabling in bios and still got " cannot connect to the recovery server". Tried a different intel kext and still didn't work. Tried Apple USB adapters and inserted AppleUSB kext and still didn't work. Not sure what to try anymore.