BCM943602CS and BT module 20703A1 Windows 10

fallen00sniper

8 posts in this topic

I haven't been able to get the Apple Bluetooth Host Controller to work on windows 10.

Tried everything I could find, compatibility mode when installing the driver and even modifying the apple driver inf and adding windows 10.

AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x133)

Bluetooth Chipset: 20703A1

Hoping someone has gotten the bluetooth to work, none of the Apple provided drivers in bootcamp are a match and the ones I have found do not work.

I haven't been able to get the Apple Bluetooth Host Controller to work on windows 10.

Tried everything I could find, compatibility mode when installing the driver and even modifying the apple driver inf and adding windows 10.

AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x133)

Bluetooth Chipset: 20703A1

Hoping someone has gotten the bluetooth to work, none of the Apple provided drivers in bootcamp are a match and the ones I have found do not work.

"none are match" is not quite true as you have not downloaded the correct bootcamp drivers.

I have the same combo module and made it work.

To do that, you need to run bootcamp assistant app and uncheck the option "Create a Windows 7 or later version install disk" and check the option "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and make sure you have an 8GB USB stick ready.

It will download the bootcamp pack onto the USB stick that is appropriate for your Mac system (based on your SMBIOS settings in Clover config.plist. It will take a long time to download !

After it has finished downloading, boot into Windows 10 and look into the USB stick.

You will see a folder called $WinPEDriver$/AppleBluetoothBroadcom64.

In there, right-click the file DPInst.exe and run it Administrator.

Once it's finished installing, reboot and now you will have a USB Bluetooth device in the Device Manager.

If you have Apple Wireless Keyboard and/or mouse then there's more work to do to install the drivers for that.

• Like 2

"none are match" is not quite true as you have not downloaded the correct bootcamp drivers.

I have the same combo module and made it work.

To do that, you need to run bootcamp assistant app and uncheck the option "Create a Windows 7 or later version install disk" and check the option "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and make sure you have an 8GB USB stick ready.

It will download the bootcamp pack onto the USB stick that is appropriate for your Mac system (based on your SMBIOS settings in Clover config.plist. It will take a long time to download !

After it has finished downloading, boot into Windows 10 and look into the USB stick.

You will see a folder called $WinPEDriver$/AppleBluetoothBroadcom64.

In there, right-click the file DPInst.exe and run it Administrator.

Once it's finished installing, reboot and now you will have a USB Bluetooth device in the Device Manager.

If you have Apple Wireless Keyboard and/or mouse then there's more work to do to install the drivers for that.

I have downloaded the latest version of the bootcamp support software, 5.1.5769 and also 4.0.4033 before I found the latest.

Bootcamp crashes upon trying to get the support software on both hackintosh and real imac I have.

I have ran that installer as you specify with only bluetooth being installed, that installs only for the bluetooth module, I am still seeing a device without a driver in Device Manager and have no usable bluetooth.

the driver supports these:

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8213

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8215

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8218

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_821A

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_821B

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_821D

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_821F

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8281

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8286

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8287

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8289

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_828A

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_828B

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_828C

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_828D

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_828E

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_828F

%AppleBuildInBt%=AppleBtBc, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8293

and the device with no driver is:

USB\VID_05AC&PID_8290

Adding the device to the list results in an install failure.

Got Bootcamp Assistant to work, it downloaded the support files, hopefully the correct driver will appear, that folder did not get created...

Installed everything and removed what was not related to the card and kept Appl System Device... Nada, still not picking it up, Maybe it is the adapter.

Linux sees the bluetooth no problem, so it is a apple driver and nothing that comes with the bootcamp drivers is working or matches the hardware id...

xubuntu@xubuntu:~$ lsusb | grep Apple
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 05ac:8290 Apple, Inc.

It would seem that applebcbt.sys needs to be installed, however it fails if I add the hardware id, simply copying the file to system32 won't work and windows does not see it as 'compatible'.

This is driving me up and down the wall crazy, I have 3 iterations of bootcamp drivers, none of them have the driver included for this, I'm almost to the point of saying screw it my iMac is running HS with mods and everything works there, put my old PCE-AC66 and GMYLE and accept the $60+ loss on the adapter, wifi card, and antennas...

and for wifi?

wifi works fine with the broadcom driver, any other driver would break sleep or BSOD.

I download from this site, http://www.drivermax.com/driver-download/0/Bluetooth/Apple+Inc./Apple+Broadcom+Built-in+Bluetooth

Take version 6.0.6100 version, it works on my windows 10 fall creator update

thanks i will try it and let you know if it worked.

that worked! thank you.

• 2 years later...

Any chance of posting this driver somewhere? That drivermax link is just another spam link to get you to download and install driver max.

I can't find the driver any where else.

Thanks