Nvidia Web Driver causing crashing during boot in High Sierra.

Dakdot

4 posts in this topic

Hello, all. I recently installed macOS High Sierra (10.13.0, build 17A405) on an APFS partition on my HDD. Everything installed nicely, and I can boot into macOS just fine. That is, until I install Nvidia's web drivers for 17A405, version 378.10.10.10.15.120 and 378.10.10.10.15.117. After I installed it, the system no longer boots up to the log in screen. The system will just reset right before where it should get to the log in screen. I booted in verbose, but the text was scrolling too fast for me to read it. So I recorded it in slo-mo, and I can't see an abnormalities. I'll attach a photo of what it looks like right before it resets. Yes, I have NvidiaWeb checked in Clover, and when I boot with nv_disable=1, the same thing happens. Tried to boot with -x, and still no luck. I tried uninstalling the drivers with my iGPU, but it looks like the Intel HD 630 doesn't have support in High Sierra, or at least it won't boot with it. I'm booting with system definition iMac14,2. I've had this card for two years, and have never seen this happen on 10.11 or 10.12. 

System

Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.2GHz (not overclocked)

MSI H110M Gaming motherboard

16GB DDR4 RAM

EVGA GTX 970 4GB

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

UPDATE: I actually got it to work using some kexts, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Lilu.

Hello, all. I recently installed macOS High Sierra (10.13.0, build 17A405) on an APFS partition on my HDD. Everything installed nicely, and I can boot into macOS just fine. That is, until I install Nvidia's web drivers for 17A405, version 378.10.10.10.15.120 and 378.10.10.10.15.117. After I installed it, the system no longer boots up to the log in screen. The system will just reset right before where it should get to the log in screen. I booted in verbose, but the text was scrolling too fast for me to read it. So I recorded it in slo-mo, and I can't see an abnormalities. I'll attach a photo of what it looks like right before it resets. Yes, I have NvidiaWeb checked in Clover, and when I boot with nv_disable=1, the same thing happens. Tried to boot with -x, and still no luck. I tried uninstalling the drivers with my iGPU, but it looks like the Intel HD 630 doesn't have support in High Sierra, or at least it won't boot with it. I'm booting with system definition iMac14,2. I've had this card for two years, and have never seen this happen on 10.11 or 10.12.

System

Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.2GHz (not overclocked)

MSI H110M Gaming motherboard

16GB DDR4 RAM

EVGA GTX 970 4GB

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

UPDATE: I actually got it to work using some kexts, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Lilu.

I think you ran into the SIP issue when you installed web drivers. SIP needs to be enabled when you install (boot in safe mode!). After that you can turn back to 0x67

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have the same problem as Dakdot, i can not boot into High Sierra 10.13.1 beta 2 or 3. I am on the HD 630. I've never had to use nvidia drivers as my card is optimum  since im on a laptop. Is there precedure for getting to the boot screen atleast with the HD 630 (591b8086).  I have intelgraphicsfixup luli and coredisplayfix all updated. clover 4259 also.Up until this point, this never happened to me. What changed? 

My experience with this issue and it has happened to my with my main desktop.  if you change your SMBIOS to iMac 15,1 and the correct information to Fake that machine, then use the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext you no longer have the problem.

I have been running a stable backup disk with this configuration for the last 2.5 weeks as soon as next weekend hits I am going to upgrade my stable 10.12.6 to 10.13 on a Fusion drive that will be converted to APFS

HBP