AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Just tested this again - my digital out is working perfectly (no sys pref vol control - but iTunes control works) - many thanks Taruga & The Maxx!!

I'll test my mic later, but to be honest I never use it - might set up Skype later to goad my mates in Oz, though after last night it's not looking too promising (The Ashes for our non-commonwealth readers)

Andy

Please Taruga, any chances to have this working for a ALC888 (my mb is asrock 775dual-vsta) Thanks a lot

Send me a dump of codec info from linux (if you can like others did), use a live cd distro like knoppix for ex. it has the info I need to get it ready for you.

Hi taruga I was wondering if you could post a kext file for the alc 880, I have a intel 945pm motherboard and I have been trying to get my audio working for weeks but the only thing I can get is audio through my headphones, my speakers won't work and mic. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi taruga I was wondering if you could post a kext file for the alc 880, I have a intel 945pm motherboard and I have been trying to get my audio working for weeks but the only thing I can get is audio through my headphones, my speakers won't work and mic. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I´m having too many problems with 880 :D Will step it for now and continue with 883 and 885 and return to it later

With the help of Rene204 and TheMaxx32000, I was able to get my ALC883 working. I will attach an installer to this post in a couple hours, as I am still working on the jack configuration. So far this is what works:

Line Out - Green

Line Out - Black

Line Out - Orange

Line Out - Front

Digital Line Out

Microphone - Rear

Digital Line In

Volume Slider

Keyboard Volume

Move AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of the extension folder before install. This has only been tested on a Biostar T-Force 965PT USE WITH CAUTION and please report how it worked for you. You may need 8.8.1 kernel.

<KEXT REMOVED>

Edited by skippyretard

Hi Taruga, I send you the ouput of the codec for my ALC888 (Asrock 775dual-vsta).

I hope you can do a kext for this codec.

Thanks

I am using the same board and ive been playing around with the current 0.3 kexts but so far, no results, so yeah, indeed it would be nice to finally get my audio working again.