AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

I have an ALC268 chip in my Compal FL90, and the AppleHDA Patcher 1.17 tells me it's unsupported. The codec is attached.

In Linux it shows as:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 03)

Subsystem: COMPAL Electronics Inc Unknown device [14c0:0025]

Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-

Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-

Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes

Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 23

Region 0: Memory at f8400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)

Capabilities: <access denied>

Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel

Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

Any hope for this?

Marco

codec.txt

Hi.

Yesterday I downloaded and applied a kext from beta4some861_880models.zip. Before that I could only get sound from my laptop speakers. Now I have line in, mic and digital output. Thank you Taruga :(:) :)

But I'm still missing output on my headphone/line out jack (which is the same as digital output one). Can I do something else to make it work? Maybe try some of the patches. I don't know if they work for ALC880 too.

I have the following ports listed in Sound Preferences:

Built-in Line Output

Built-in Digital output

Internal Microphone

Line in

My card is ALC880 ICH6 on ASUS A6Va notebook. I don't know submodel id, and I don't know how to get it in OS X. If it's important I can reboot into Vista to find out.

Sound WAS working (9228) out of speakers for a day, now nothing outputs, not even through the headphone jacks.

I tried clearing extensions cache, closing lid, rebooting, reinstalling the files, nothing works. When I put my m1330 in sleep, it seems it goes to sleep for 2 seconds then automatically comes on, but I dont see anything, and cant do anything.

Sound WAS working (9228) out of speakers for a day, now nothing outputs, not even through the headphone jacks.

I tried clearing extensions cache, closing lid, rebooting, reinstalling the files, nothing works. When I put my m1330 in sleep, it seems it goes to sleep for 2 seconds then automatically comes on, but I dont see anything, and cant do anything.

try to switch from internal speakers and headphones (in preference -> sound)

Mine is working without a hitch now. So strange!

I am a noob at this so I must ask this stupid question:

I run AppleHDAPatcher, it opens a window telling me to drag and drop the codec dump on AppleHDA Patcher icon. What icon? The icon on the dock? I drag and drop my STAC9205.txt file to the icon on the dock and nothing happens.

No indication of what is going on of any kind. I am confused. Am I getting the wrong file? Please help me.

There is a problem in the 9228 patched kexts because I have an inspiron 1420 which is the exact same as the vostro 1400 and it randomly will stop working after a reboot and rebooting again can fix the problem but I think it has something to do with the mute options in the plist. And that would be awesome if someone told me where to edit things in the info.plist.There is a problem in the 9228 patched kexts because I have an inspiron 1420 which is the exact same as the vostro 1400 and it randomly will stop working after a reboot and rebooting again can fix the problem but I think it has something to do with the mute options in the plist. And that would be awesome if someone told me where to edit things in the info.plist.

1420d9228.txt

I recently installed Leopard on my computer, (Kalyway 10.5.0 Vanilla Kernel) but I don't have sound. So, I've been reading up on patches for sound, and I'm curious as to the best way to find out what exactly my sound card is so I can work on getting a patch for it. I have Ubuntu and Vista on my computer, so could someone give me a quick runthrough on how to find out what sound card I have?

If you can boot into Ubuntu, running lspci will show you some information on your sound card. You can also use Hardware Information from System dropdown menu.

In Windows, run a program like siw will give you details information about your hardware and software (even the one that the system cannot recognize).

In OS X, I have no idea

Excellent, SIW worked perfectly, thank you very much! So, now moving on in trying to get sound... I'm looking at all this information and wondering what I need to do. I have downloaded the "installers" for the sound drivers that Taruga has, but after they installed I still didn't have sound, so now I believe what I should try is find a Linux Codec for my Sound Card and drag and drop it into his AppleHDAPatcher. I looked under the Directory of codecs but I didn't find anything that looked like my sound card, or, I don't think so. I have attached what SIW gave me for my sound card, if it is too confusing I will try something else. I'm just a little lost, even an explantion would be nice, I like to learn, not just do. Thank you! (If you would like to know, I'm running 10.5.0 Vanilla Kernel from Kalyway).

Soundcard.txt

I have an Lenovo R61 laptop with a ADI 1984 (Intel HD audio in windows) card. Apple System profiler shows only the device ID: 0x17aa20bb

Attached is my codec0 dump file in hopes that one day I will have sound. I have tried the Azullu patch and it only gave me control over the sound card, but I never had any out put. I hope my contributioin will help.

Just a quick reminder about codec dump files - I created this file by booting my laptop with a KNOPPIX live cd, starting a terminal session and typing:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 >codec.txt

ADI_1984_codec_dump.txt

I have tried versions 1.8, 1.7 and 1.6 of the patcher with another user's 1984 codec dump and recieved an "unsupported" device error each time. I have to format and try again with mine and see what happens.

Keep up the good work Taruga!!

There is a problem in the 9228 patched kexts because I have an inspiron 1420 which is the exact same as the vostro 1400 and it randomly will stop working after a reboot and rebooting again can fix the problem but I think it has something to do with the mute options in the plist. And that would be awesome if someone told me where to edit things in the info.plist.There is a problem in the 9228 patched kexts because I have an inspiron 1420 which is the exact same as the vostro 1400 and it randomly will stop working after a reboot and rebooting again can fix the problem but I think it has something to do with the mute options in the plist. And that would be awesome if someone told me where to edit things in the info.plist.

Try to "sleep" the computer. It works for me!

try this method by Orijnal

1.) Open up Kext Helper b7

2.) Drop AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext (from macgirl's original post in this thread) into Kext Helper

3.) Click the advanced tab and click the Tag cache rebuild option

4.) Hit the Easy Install option and reboot

Hey guys,

Just installed iATKOSv1.0i on Inspiron6400

Been trying to get the sound working, Have Sigmatel 9200.

Using:

Sigmatel9200.txt driver dump from the site in the first post,

HDAPatcher v1.15

using v1.15 as:

1.20 - didn't do anything on drag and drop. checked console and it said access denied - it never prompted for password

1.19 - prompted for password and went through the process but nothing changed on reboot

1.15 - worked..

It says onboard mic detected - although i haven't tested this

Also onboard speakers work.. but these are just my laptop speakers regardless of what is or isn't in the headphone jack..

Whilst I appreciate this is probably a good success compared to some peoples attempts:

What do I need to do to get headphone jack working?!

Thanks

I'm going to verify what FunkyPyro just said. I used Linux to get my Codec, and then went to OS X Leopard and used HDApatcher 1.20. It didn't do anything. I then tried 1.19, and it didn't do anything either. However, 1.15, just as FunkyPyro said, did work. So if you are having trouble getting the Patcher to work, then try different versions. Great work Taruga!!! I now have sound on my Hackintosh, thanks to you!! Now.... to get internet working....