AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Guest bikedude880

Ok... (I seem to start out every post with "Ok...") I have almost got this working on the soon-to-be-outdated build of Leo. Everything loads fine, but I am stuck in the same boat as tivimac. I will post my results as soon as I get it working.

Please also test ALC880 and report here....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don´t work! :D

In System profiler :

Intel High Definition Audio:

Available Devices:

Line Out:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Headphone:

Line In:

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

S/P-DIF In:

Connection: Optical

Also

soul:~ root# kextload -t /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext

kextload: extension /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext appears to be valid

kextload: extension /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext is already loaded

---------------------------

but in system preference panel - NO OUNPUT DEVICE & NO INPUT DEVICE

kernel version 8.8.1(newest from Autoupdate)

ALC883

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question: To install the "old" Azalia patch I had to delete AppleHDA.kext. To get this stuff working, will I need to reinstall it?

And, when I will install the new modified AppleHDA and ALCInject kext, will I have to delete/modify AppleAzaliaAudio.kext?

Please clarify, thx :(

Here is the kexts that worked for Aberracus... If more people report success with this, maybe NeoPheus can make a installer?

Works only for ALC883 with ICH-7

I'm going to make a website this weekend to host all these files in one place. Once we have kexts for multiple sound chips that work on multiple mobo's maybe I can figure out how to join them to one kext? Please keep testing and reporting.... Thanks again.

Skippy

<KEXT REMOVED>

Edited by skippyretard

slsoul

but in system preference panel - NO OUNPUT DEVICE & NO INPUT DEVICE

Try this in the terminal

kextload -t /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext

Now you should be able to have the controls in your /System Pref/Sound

I want to ask a question. Could it be that pathmap 9 is the cause of our problems (for people which the driver did not work for them) ? There are other pathmaps we should be able to use?

Taruga may be able to answer me. Can you give us more info about LauoutID and Pathmap ?

Ive been trying to get alc861 to working using applehda but theres something weird going on which i cant track down.

It seems like AppleHDA.kext is actually turning off the audio controller.

When installed and i boot to osx there is not output if i then reboot into windows xp there are audio devices but no output. I then have to do a full shutdown and then boot into windows to get audio working.

Im not sure if anyone else is working on alc861 but if there is it would be good to see if you have made any progress.

Ive attached my codec0 if anyone is interested.

alc.txt

ICH-8 ALC888 Superduper Alpha

Ah, I'm too late, sorry!

I will test the new kext after work.... I hope it works! :D

If it works, an hour later (18:00) there will be an installer :D

cYa and Thanks!!!

I've tested the 0.1alpha with my Sigmatel 9220 without success. I mean, no devices detected in sound pref pane.

But, I have changed the AppleHDA.kext with the original 10.4.8 and I got more LayoutIDs than the one in the patch, 17 to be exact. So playing around with ALCInject.kext changing the LayoutIds, I always get devices in the sound pref pane, but actually no sound, so I think pathmaps need to be adjusted correctly.

It needs further working.

I said it before and I agree with davidovi. Can you Taruga or anyone else explain more about pathmap and layoutID ? I read the AppleHDA Guide you provided and if possible can you further explain that to us. Thanks for your work

slsoul

Try this in the terminal

kextload -t /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext

Now you should be able to have the controls in your /System Pref/Sound

I want to ask a question. Could it be that pathmap 9 is the cause of our problems (for people which the driver did not work for them) ? There are other pathmaps we should be able to use?

Taruga may be able to answer me. Can you give us more info about LauoutID and Pathmap ?

souls-computer:~ root# kextload -t /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext

kextload: extension /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext appears to be valid

kextload: extension /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext is already loaded

kext loaded normally...

is there a fix for realtek HDaudio 0262 ??? Vender=10EC Device=0262

uaa bus driver for HDaudio Vender=8086 Device=27D8

****And could someone give me a web site/ or place to learn how to use the Terminal

I am trying to learn how to get my audio to work under 10.4.7 but most of this sounds like chinese to me !! Please throw me a bone :) :)

Google: mac terminal tutorial

Any time you see a command you don't understand, go to terminal and type: man (command)

Like: man kextload or man rm or man cd or man chown

Press the spacebar to page through it and hit Ctrl-Z to quit out of it.

Ive been trying to get alc861 to working using applehda but theres something weird going on which i cant track down.

It seems like AppleHDA.kext is actually turning off the audio controller.

When installed and i boot to osx there is not output if i then reboot into windows xp there are audio devices but no output. I then have to do a full shutdown and then boot into windows to get audio working.

Im not sure if anyone else is working on alc861 but if there is it would be good to see if you have made any progress.

Ive attached my codec0 if anyone is interested.

I'ce faced the same issue, after reboot from OSX to Win, no sound from speakers. Second restart is needed.