AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Guest bikedude880

I have tried this with kernel 9.0.0d4 (Build 9a303) and I can say right now that it does not work. This project appears to be tied completely to kernel version 8.8.1. Shame really... I wonder how difficult it would be to get it to work on this build.

EDIT: just did a kextload -t on the AppleHDA kext and came up with this:

bash-3.1# kextload -t AppleHDA.kext/   
kernel extension AppleHDA.kext/ has problems:
Validation failures:
{
"Info dictionary property value is illegal" = (
	"OSBundleLibraries:com.apple.kpi.mach"
	"OSBundleLibraries:com.apple.kpi.libkern"
	"OSBundleLibraries:com.apple.kpi.bsd"
	"OSBundleLibraries:com.apple.kpi.iokit"
)
}
Warnings:
{
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true
}

I think I just need to edit a couple values. :angel:

New ALC888 package @ post 174....

Please test and report.

Working:

Line Out - Rear Green Port

Line In - Rear Blue Port

Microphone - Rear Pink Port

Fixed Installer Error

I have a gigabyte 965p-DQ6 and ALC888

I tried your new package but it doesn't work... I also had to install with pacifist because the package give me an error during installation

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext works well..

tested, still got installation error! but I manually extracted the two kexts to Extensions directory and updated kext-cache, reboot, still no sound, even not show output/input devices in system preferences! angel.png

Skippyretard, I tried to install your new ALC888 1.1 but I got also installation error so I installed it using Pacifist. I repaired permission twice to make it work. ALCinject loaded successfully and AppleHDA loaded successfully.

The problem with AppleHDAController.kext is still there !!!

For those people who are still wondering why you didn't get the controls in System Preferences/Sound. It is because of this kext! without loading AppleHDAController you WILL NOT get any controllers.

Where to load it simply

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext

So when I tried loading the new version I also got AppleHDAController is not a bundle ! even using kextload -t did give me the same message.

I went and tried to open AppleHDAController info.plis using Plist Edit Pro, I got the following error message

There was an error reading the property list file (The file /Users/wisam/Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist could not be opened because an error occurred parsing the file.

XML parser error:

Encountered unexpected character

on line 127

Old-style plist parser error:

Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex

).

Would you like to open the raw text of the file instead?

Put it simple, I tried to see where was the problem but I failed. I used Taruga ALC882 v0.04 info.plist and corrected permissions, deleted cache. Now loaded successfully.

The controllers have changed I got

Green Output

Blue Line-in

Pink Mic

So there is no internal speakers anymore. All of the do NOT work even after reboot.

(I deleted Azalia!)

I guess I'll go back to it and wait for another version skippyretard.

P.S before booting. I went to the mic and suddenly the signal jumpped to 100%, I tried to talk but it kept at 100%. I went and selected Line-in and then it jumped back to 0 I plugged the mic in Line-in but there was no signal. I selected the mic again and it jumped to 100%

After reboot all of this has gone. May be it help I don'r know

Anyway thanks

As told before, each dev is working to support his codec, when finished and if theres willing to it, maybe they'll work to support others, but without a machine to test it, it'll be hard.

Coooooorrect!!

Its even hard to get it to work on the own machine! The right combination of the nodeIDs is the magic key!

I couldn't get mine to work, yet.... I will post a fully working version for Conroe945G-DVI users as soon as I can get it to work! The installer is finished, but the kext doesn't work till now!

talking about installers, could it be a generic instaler for HDA(or ACLXXX only) that lets you select your model or even contain a auto-detection-and-configuration script? I know I'm asking too much but it would be great :3

That is the problem... each mobo has its own NodeIDs and we had to write all nodeID combinations into the info.plist... uhm very difficult! But lets talk about this when the devs have working audio :angel:

Coooooorrect!!

Its even hard to get it to work on the own machine! The right combination of the nodeIDs is the magic key!

I couldn't get mine to work, yet.... I will post a fully working version for Conroe945G-DVI users as soon as I can get it to work! The installer is finished, but the kext doesn't work till now!

Hey Neopheus,

When you get the installer working, why not make an all-in-one installer with Universal Natit, Realtek Ethernet and Sound?

that would be SO cool! :whistle:

I seem to be bad at making installers! The ALC888 kexts have been known to work on several motherboards. I don't have all six ports listed because some mobo's have different nodeid's. Most do use the same id's for green, blue and pink however. My desktop board is a Biostar T-Force 965PT with ICH8 and ALC883. I have 5.1 sound working using Logitech speakers. I am not home for 2 1/2 weeks so only have laptop to work on. This is why I need testers with detailed system info, so I can try to make most things work for most people. I can not reply to every post but do read all of them and will try to solve posted problems. Thanks for your help...

AppleHDA Sound Fix v0.1a - Alpha Version for ALC and Sigmatel Testers available

Taruga, I review your instructions for this alpha...you left out the code for 10ec2668 (ALC880)

THANKS.

skippy....the info.plist in the applehdacontroller plugin has some problems. The plist editor inform me that the file isn´t well structurred...(line 127).

Also this package do not contain the ALC880 (10ec2668)...

Thanks.

New ALC888 package @ post 174....

Please test and report.

Working:

Line Out - Rear Green Port

Line In - Rear Blue Port

Microphone - Rear Pink Port

Fixed Installer Error

Please also test ALC880 and report here....

No succes - mainboard intel d945 GNTD

sound codec sigmatel 9220

errors reported when patched

Patching AppleHDA.kext from device id: 0x83847680 to device id: 0x83847680

/sigmatelpatch.sh: line 17: ./usr/bin/binmay: No such file or directory

Cheching AppleHDA for patch

/sigmatelpatch.sh: line 19: ./usr/bin/tugotool: No such file or directory

modded the script, by removing the . from the fron of ./usr/bin/binmay and ./usr/bin/tugotool, now i have this

-----------------------------------------------------------

--------------- AppleHDA Sigamtel Patcher -----------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Patching AppleHDA.kext from device id: 0x83847680 to device id: 0x83847680

Reading from /AppleHDA_backup/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA...

Error opening input file /AppleHDA_backup/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Cheching AppleHDA for patch

0001f2cb cmpl $0x83847680,%eax

000203d7 cmpl $0x83847680,%eax

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------- D o n e --------------------------

195:/ root#

195:/ root# kextload /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext

kextload: /system/library/extensions/applehda.kext loaded successfully

195:/ root#

Guest bikedude880

Ok, I've managed to get ALCinject to load on Leo (which loads AppleHDAController and AppleHDA). Still don't have audio though. Trying to figure it out.

Ok. So how do you check what codec you have under Linux? The best I could find on how to do this was from the guide from the first post (and all it said was codec#O)

Never mind... I found it:

You can use a live cd distro like Knoppix and then look inside /proc/asound

Somewhere there, will be a file named codec#0, do: cat codec#0 > /tmp/alc882d.txt

EDIT: Loaded up my favorite (and only Live CD I could find laying around) and ran the command. Not sure why I did, as I have the same board as the original dev for this. As I have stated before, I have gotten both kexts to load successfully, but it does not show an audio device.

Report for ALC880 alpha pkg

I fix the info.plist (the problem was an orphan key) both...alcinject and applehda (and applehdacontroller) load OK (they´re in the systemprofiler) BUT in audio (builtin - NONE) and in system sound (input and output NONE)...

I seem to be bad at making installers! The ALC888 kexts have been known to work on several motherboards. I don't have all six ports listed because some mobo's have different nodeid's. Most do use the same id's for green, blue and pink however. My desktop board is a Biostar T-Force 965PT with ICH8 and ALC883. I have 5.1 sound working using Logitech speakers. I am not home for 2 1/2 weeks so only have laptop to work on. This is why I need testers with detailed system info, so I can try to make most things work for most people. I can not reply to every post but do read all of them and will try to solve posted problems. Thanks for your help...

Hey there...

What about this:

You patch the audio files and send them to me (you can write a pm)... and I will make an fully functional installer... :(

I tested the ALC888 patched kext (without editing the nodeIDs) and it didnt work!

For all others:

Please be patient! Its very cool that you want to test the installer but I have to get it to work for my own (I have the codec output from linux)

My nodeIDs seems to be the same as in the kext! So I don't understand why it isnt working!

cYa later