[Help] El Capitan on KabyLake i5 7200u (GalaxyBook12)

neterosensei

8 posts in this topic

Install Mac Osx El Capitan on Galaxy Book 12.

Why did I choose ElCapitan and not HighSierra?

Simple.

From El Capitan release 10.11 + (so mac os Sierra and High Sierra) Apple has eliminated from HID event driver, pressure, tilt, Stylus position!

Having this device for artistic purposes, I decided that El Capitan would be the best in this field.

If you do not need a pen to draw, but just for taking notes or simple things, you can safely install Os High Sierra! That has Native support to KabyLake.

Let's go to the elcapitan installation procedure!

Just delete the usb and install the captain using the Createinstallmedia method.

Only use FakeSmc and VoodooPs2Kext and config HD620spoof.plist. Obviously in driver64, add HFSplus. (Search these files on Google for the latest version, very important thing)

Made this install el capitan on disk.

What Works

Cpu and Gpu: They seem to be recognized by the system and it seems to be okay! (To run the Gpu, put Fakepciid and Fakepci id graphics in the Other, Clover folder)

Trackpad: Still to be fixed, but with Voodoops2 it seems to work (The trackpad is not a PS2 device, but for the moment use this kext, looking forward to fix this in the future)

Bluetooth

Not working (but updating)

Audio

Brightness

Battery

Wifi (not supported)

Updating

AcpiTables.zip

Finally booted and installed

Dont working

Gpu full (no accelleration)

Brightness

Audio

I found nothing about AppleIntelKBLGraphics* on SLE, so I'm not sure if Apple would give El Capitan support for ur KabyLake graphics.

FYi, I'm using 10.11.6 (15G17013) right now. Why not starting with at least 10.12.6 or 10.13 which are known work for ur hardware?  :)

• Like 1

I found nothing about AppleIntelKBLGraphics* on SLE, so I'm not sure if Apple would give El Capitan support for ur KabyLake graphics.

FYi, I'm using 10.11.6 (15G17013) right now. Why not starting with at least 10.12.6 or 10.13 which are known work for ur hardware?  :)

No support for pen pressure above el capitan release 

So i think im just going to install el capitan 

Really no working method for GPU ?

Installed Gpu working with FakePCIID kext

Having glitch issues on the notification bar! Trying some DVMT methods but no luck. Amy idea?

No idea, sorry. Even with recently updated 10.11.6 (15G17020) it has no KBLGraphics support, plz ask Apple about it. Thanks.  :)