ga-p55a-ud3 and sleep

5 posts in this topic

@fusion71au since I know you have this board and seem to be running DSDT free, do you have sleep?

I used all the kexts you have in your package, plus 2 that I read I needed like...

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

GenericUSBXHCI.kext

I was wondering if maybe you could help me sort the rest of the bugs out of my system.

I am using a DSDT for F11 rev.1 I patched it for speedstep of my i7-860 and the USB ports are patched as well to work with El Capitan+ and seems to be working great in all areas except sleep.

Which of your clover patches were specific to sleep and do I even need those 2 kexts mentioned?

I have made some changes to my config to match yours a bit more, but I am still noob with hackintosh.

Attached my clover folder and IOReg v2.1.

Also, if you are reading this @fusion71au look at the link in my signature, I am wondering if my bios settings are wrong?

iFrankie.zip

@fallen00sniper,

Sleep unfortunately doesn't work for me either (even in Windows, STR S3 sleep ---> wakes to black screen) and is notoriously difficult to troubleshoot.  Besides getting your power management to work properly in OS X, other issues like USB and graphics card drivers maybe at play (I have ATI HD5770 vs your nVidia GTX 1050Ti).  Last time I experimented with sleep, my BIOS was corrupted and reset itself after I tried to wake the system !!

I use Clover "on the fly" dsdt patching for this particular rig and did not need to use AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext.  Speed step also works OOB with Clover generated P states and C states on Nehalem.

For fine tuning and dsdt tweaking, maybe ask @Maldon in his thread.

I was thinking of going to him for help if you didn't have sleep working.

fixusb_1000 causes a black screen with red text for me, so I need the DSDT since I tried your config with manually editing the USB caused kernel panics complaining about the ports lol.

Windows has no issue with sleep, it did before I got drivers for the bcm4360xxxxx card from station-drivers.com, since then sleep is fine with my current bios settings.

If you've already looked at the thread in my signature, maybe those bios settings are slightly different and is why you can't sleep in windows, it's not the most important thing to me to have working though it would be nice.

Have you ever had the screen I was referring?

I am thinking it could be from my usb 3 expansion card and the clover patch not working correctly together, last question is do your usb 3 onboard ports work at all under mac?

@fallen00sniper,

The red screen error happens with officially released Clover >r4060 (from SourceForge), due to @Slice compiling it with the -fno-common option in Xcode (see post#2228).  You can compile Clover yourself, removing that flag and Clover auto dsdt patching will work again with our motherboard BIOS - eg use attached Clover r4245.

My BIOS config is almost identical to yours but I have to use the S1 setting to get "sleep" working in Windows.  The black screen on wakeup from S3 sleep in Windows is probably due to some bug/incompatibility with the ATI HD5770 drivers.

USB3 ports don't work with native OS X drivers since the mobo uses non intel (NEC) USB3 chipset ---> only the Intel USB2 ports work.

Clover_v2.4k_r4245.zip

• Like 1

@fallen00sniper,

The red screen error happens with officially released Clover >r4060 (from SourceForge), due to @Slice compiling it with the -fno-common option in Xcode (see post#2228).  You can compile Clover yourself, removing that flag and Clover auto dsdt patching will work again with our motherboard BIOS - eg use attached Clover r4245.

My BIOS config is almost identical to yours but I have to use the S1 setting to get "sleep" working in Windows.  The black screen on wakeup from S3 sleep in Windows is probably due to some bug/incompatibility with the ATI HD5770 drivers.

USB3 ports don't work with native OS X drivers since the mobo uses non intel (NEC) USB3 chipset ---> only the Intel USB2 ports work.

cool, I'll try that version out and see if the config patching works for me as well, messages continues to work and then not work for me.

your probably right it's the driver for something breaking sleep on windows.

I thought the screen was because of the card lol, I wouldn't even know how to being compiling clover, thanks for the installer.