macOS Unlocker 2.1 for VMware Workstation 11/12/14, Player 7/12/14, Fusion 7/8/10

unlocker vmware 2.1 macOS

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

acls86

acls86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Great! :-) That did the trick. Many thx!

Mine still jumps back to 794x568 (HiDPI).. :(

Nor the command or systempref. helps.

Had no problem with unlocker 2.0.9, untill updated to 2.1.1 and installed the new darwin.

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

The unlocker won't have done this but it is likely the tools. Get the previous tools and trying replacing them.

dewudibi

dewudibi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Had no problem with unlocker 2.0.9, untill updated to 2.1.1 and installed the new darwin.

Same problem with another resolution

i used the 2.1.0 (link on the fist page don't point to the 2.1.1)

EDIT: tried with unlocker209-unofficial and now it's work :)

Rekoil

Rekoil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
What's the issue with ESXi? Seems to be working fine here.

yoshi0209

yoshi0209

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 1 posts

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.vmware.tools.plist enableAutoHiDPI -bool false

adeonir

adeonir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Here, I have problems with mouse. I can move it but can't click.

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

As I said earlier this year, I am retiring from maintaining the unlocker after 10 years now that this version has been released. I have 2 volunteers willing to take it on for the future and we will announce who they are when we are ready.

Before this happens I want to point out a few things about the unlocker that newer members may not know about and where to look if they have problems.

1. The unlocker does not modify any code in the executables. It only patches data tables for the virtual SMC (vmware-vmx to run VMs) and the Guest Host Tables (vmwarebase to show macOS in the OS selector).

2. Issues with guest resolution and keyboards/mice etc. will be down to VMware tools. It may need them to be downgraded to a previous version if issues are found with the latest ones. Issues like resolution also occur with unpatched VMware Fusion on Apple hardware, and so it is worth looking on the VMware forums as well for a solution.

3. Kernel panics during macOS guest startup are usually down to 3 possible causes:

• Running on an AMD CPU which is not natively supported by Apple macOS and requires a modified XNU kernel.
  • Installation media incorrectly built from the downloaded installation app.
  • 3rd party macOS "distros" which quite often have KEXTs and settings that are not VMware friendly

4. Installation issues for unlocker have mainly been due to certain AV products protecting the VMware folders. I know that McAfee Host Intrusion Protection can cause the installation to fail, so disable them when running install/uninstall. Also make sure VMware is not running during installation.

5. Issues where macOS guests do not work after a VMware upgrade. This will be due to the patched executables being overwritten during the upgrade process. Make sure you re-run the installer.

I will still be lurking around on the forums but not working on this topic. I need a break and some new challenges.

Thanks to all those who have helped over the years with the different incarnations of code to make macOS on VMware happen. You know who you are and I could not have done it without those who helped answer questions, donates code patches and tried out early versions.

Dave (Donk)

Cybernut

Cybernut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

As I said earlier this year, I am retiring from maintaining the unlocker after 10 years now that this version has been released. I have 2 volunteers willing to take it on for the future and we will announce who they are when we are ready.

I will still be lurking around on the forums but not working on this topic. I need a break and some new challenges.

Dave (Donk)

Thanks for all your work. I have benefited immensely from unlocker and had been lurking around here for the past 4 years...but wanted to say thank you as you hang up the hat. I am hoping someone else might have the expertise to work on the ESXi 6.5 issues with unlocker. I haven't tried it yet but am nervous to try it - but it seems like a mixed bag at the moment...some are reporting success, while others have reported all their VMs, even non-Mac OS ones, freezing. I don't wish to go back to ESXi 6.0 just for this...so hopefully someone will find a solution.

Regardless Dave, your work is deeply appreciated. Good luck with your new endeavors.

Funky68

Funky68

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First: Thank you Dave for your great work over the years.

I have a problem on ESXI with the permissions.

After chmod on the esxi-install.sh (is green in the directory) i cannot execute the file.

It shows the error "-sh: ./: Permission denied

Any ideas ?

Nemes

Nemes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

As I said earlier this year, I am retiring from maintaining the unlocker after 10 years now that this version has been released.

Cheers to you, and thank you for everything, Donk! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy