INFOTHREAD "Nebukadnezar" (AMD+INTEL 10.4.8 Kernel)

semthex

466 posts in this topic

zvm :censored2: was a test build as reported in the channel, which got some issues :gun: , this is why it was already replaced by 2 other builds :sorcerer: , latest is k17 which is confirmed working very well. K17 is now available via LiveUpdater from Prasys. :construction:

About your hibernate problem, you might be intrested in this article about it:

http://www.andrewescobar.com/archive/2005/...sleep-your-mac/

Ah, I wish I could do that but I think the safe sleep refered in that link only works with EFI machines.

My hackintosh can sleep S1 but when I switch to S3 in the BIOS it doesn't work with your kernel. It goes down but stays black coming back up but the mouse moves. I havent tried any other kernels. I only mention it since the user above said it works with another.

am i doing something wrong here? when i run the .patcher -v amd_rufus_1048.txt command i get messages saying that none of the patches were applied. Check out the screen shot.

Did you mount the filesystem as writable?

mount -uw /

SOme sleep issues are caused by the use of Titan or Natit. As reported ppl who switched their grapics card and used common drivers got no longer any issues with sleep.

Yeah I figured as much. If the sleep issue is my biggest problem, well then I am quite the satisfied customer!

zvm :) was a test build as reported in the channel, which got some issues :gun: , this is why it was already replaced by 2 other builds :sorcerer: , latest is k17 which is confirmed working very well. K17 is now available via LiveUpdater from Prasys. :D

OMG, Semthex, U update your kernel EVERY DAY!!!!! :sorcerer:

Now, I start thinking: U are the best KERNEL MARKER in Hackintosh land!!!! :2cents:

Nice Job!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!

Hi,

Having troubles with Semthex kernel and hibernation, I reverted yesterday to Mifki's kernel, wich works perfectly with hibernation and Titan drivers.

But... I just had to test the new, recently released semthex kernel :-) And now hibernation works! Thank you, Semthex! The only difference I can see so far, is that Mifki's kernel is faster to wake up.

If anyone of you have problems with USB keyboard/mouse freeze after hibernation, try another AppleSMBIOS.kext.

Cheers,

But... I just had to test the new, recently released semthex kernel :-) And now hibernation works! Thank you, Semthex! The only difference I can see so far, is that Mifki's kernel is faster to wake up.

Oh so you found one of the basic fixes of k18 :-) But nice to get the feedback the hibernate works now :thumbsup_anim:

No Merom cpu=2 for k18 :construction:

This is the XX time I read such a post, pls read the FAQ, follow the steps and submit a useful bugreport to me and your issue will proberly be solved very quick. :angel:

Semthex, i've amd x2, with new_kernel strange unresolved simbols ioscsi and other, i've via sata 2, can work?

have you updated your system to full 10.4.8? Sounds like you did not setup the system correctly. Old Jas etc. releases do NOT include updated system files needed. You need to follow a offical guide and your symbol errors will vanish.

Hi again,

Hope you're not to tired of hearing from me... I'm testing the new kernel now, and I've had a couple succesful wakups from hibernation, but just now I had an unsuccesful one resulting in unrecoverable Black Screen. This is with the "original" AppleSMBIOS.kext from Jas's latest DVD, as Pauliecat's AppleSMBIOS.kext gives Black Screen and locks USB mouse (se my entry in that topic). Also having the same ol' trusty nov. 4 Titan kext as before.

I checked the log, and the problem might be related to IOATAController, here's what the last entries from the system log said:

kernel[0]. System wake.

kernel[0]: IOATAController device blocking bus.

kernel[0]: IOATAController device blocking bus.

Is there anything else I can check that might aid you?

Cheers,

YES i was able to install 10.4.8 last night with the latest kernel (k18-rc12). IT enabled CI/QE on my ATI Pro Redeon x1300 with out any problems. The system is running perfect. The only thing i am having problems with is that i can install the fordeth extensions to get my ethernet working. But after a simple reboot i get a kernel panic. =(

post-57881-1163597753_thumb.jpg

Semthex... you're the most dedicated kernel maker in the osx86 community... thank you so much for your work... and you're humble enough to reply just about anybody even new babies... thank you... really...

can't wait for the sse2 release....

tried

many thanks also goes out to the rest of the gang who works with the devs who make the osx86 project a possibility

thanks so much

semthex, is it possible to make osx use linux swap partitions instead of /var/vm/swapfile0 ?

Edit the /etc/rc file and change the location of the swap disk.

Sudo nano /etc/rc

Change:
echo "Starting virtual memory"

swapdir=/private/var/vm

to:
echo "Starting virtual memory"

swapdir=/Volumes/(name-of-swap-partition)

Note: despite what Activity Monitor says, OSX doesn't use that much space for virtual memory. OSX apps have to identify the maximum memory they could ever expect to use. Activity Monitor identifies the potential maximum virtual memory that all of the apps running at max could use. Each "swapfilex" is only 64 MB (yes MB) in size (do a Get Info on the swapfile to verify this). Add up how many swapfiles exist in /private/var/vm and that is the total of the virtual memory that OSX is using - even though Activity Monitor may be saying many GB are being used. Most people use fewer than 3 swapfiles, so the average virtual memory on disk is less than 3 x 64 = 192 MB (yes MB).

Moral of the story - don't believe Activity Monitor for virtual memory usage. Go to directory /private/var/vm and add up the number of swapfiles and multiply by 64 MB and see that your virtual memory usage is very small. To get to /private/var/vm, in Finder, select the Go menu -> Go to Folder... and type "/private/var/vm"

This is the XX time I read such a post, pls read the FAQ, follow the steps and submit a useful bugreport to me and your issue will proberly be solved very quick. :idea:

This is the XX time no kernel has succeeded in enabling both cores of my CPU. I am not alone with this problem and all others have made it known as well.

Your "FAQ" has no information pertaining to the proper way to submit or even perform a useful bugreport.

I was the first person to report this matter starting with the first kernel releases. I would of thought this issue would have probably been solved by now.

If you can provide detailed information on how to do a bug report and where to submit it, I'm sure all members of the community suffering the same dilemma would all eagerly send reports :)