Download Vista RTM

rollcage

61 posts in this topic

I got the BillGates version, and it seems to error during installation at about 40% or so... I tried both a DVD and just using the image AND I tried installing from boot.

The boot was interesting: when I went to select install partition, Vista gave me an error, saying it could not detect any drives valid for install. I had partitioned my hard drive so that Vista would have 70 gb, and even if I tried installing over my XP install (not upgrade) it gave me the same error. Weird, eh?

My opinion: the BillGates copy is corrupted

Any other opinions?

I'm grabbing the Pirate AIO version, I'll report back with details...

I got the BillGates version, and it seems to error during installation at about 40% or so... I tried both a DVD and just using the image AND I tried installing from boot.

The boot was interesting: when I went to select install partition, Vista gave me an error, saying it could not detect any drives valid for install. I had partitioned my hard drive so that Vista would have 70 gb, and even if I tried installing over my XP install (not upgrade) it gave me the same error. Weird, eh?

Any other opinions?

So did you try to do a checksum of your image before burning it? Anyway as far as I read you are not alone with this issues...

So did you try to do a checksum of your image before burning it? Anyway as far as I read you are not alone with this issues...

hey i got my copy today and everything went really smoothly.. i only have vista as my only OS in my laptop.. but i noticed something weird and is that after i installed my video drive i get on my desktop the

windows vista

Evaluation copy. build 5600

i dont know if this is the real RTM for the january release.. any clues..

Any other opinions?

I read i you hold F8 while booting a select vista instal it should work. though I didnt have the problem my self. :compress:

As far as a checksum, I didn't try, because I didn't have a reference checksum to compare mine with. I deleted the BillGates version, and I'm still downloading the AIO one...

And no, I didn't try the F8 trick, but here's my thinking: I installed RC1 without ANY troubles or complications of ANY sort. If this is truly vista, then there shouldn't be any problems installing either, right? So I say, screw a version that didn't work for me. It's not like we're running "Vakintoshes"... this {censored} should work out of the box.

Some of the comments on TPB reported the same problems, so it makes me wonder. Ooooooooooh, it makes me wonder... Also, the way the versions were listed on the install were very formal. All caps, strings cut to length, etc. It seemed more like a hacked version than a real one.

Of course, that's just me! :)

The 2,678,614,016 byte version from a newsgroup (no, I won't say which group) with a volume label of LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso installs perfectly - tested on three different machines so far - no problems. The MD5 info for this ISO is as follows:

G:\VistaStuff\vistartm>md5 LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso

C7792C31AEEA98BE645AB295D35E8EEF LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso

Also, if you use the BillGates version, don't even think of activating with the key in the "iND" crack. In fact the instructions are partly wrong, you need to go about this in a different way if you want any chance of success. There's a better, and fully functional, activation workaround out there which allows you to activate properly with Microsoft's servers using the genuine key they will give you for RC1. In keeping with this site's policy, I'm not going give any more detail, except that you can find it if you look. And the usual disclaimer - we don't condone or promote piracy. Use this as a preview and for testing purposes; go and buy the real thing when it's released if you intend to use it. :lol:

Just Finished downloading the AIO x86 + x64 from :pirate2: bay.

Havent got around to installing this (x64 for me !!) yet. But appears to be a working version.

Here's a screen shot from the dvd autoplay.

Will update once I have it installed.

--------------------

Update:

Installed x64 Bit Ultimate, Works just fine. (See About Window screenshot)

post-34120-1163463141_thumb.jpg

Now to activate it..... :compress:

Any other opinions?

i don't think it's corrupted, i think it has more to do with the way bootcamp formats the drive. i went through several installs because i wanted to try a couple of the different versions. the second time i tried to install i got the same error. try changing the size of the partition you are installing to (make sure it is bigger than 32 gb so that you get a ntfs formatted drive). i added a gig and it worked fine after that. third install i had to change the partition size again.

Just a word of caution - be careful if you put valuable data onto your RTM Vista build.

Bear in mind that if you activate using patched tokens and a valid Beta key, your system will work properly until the time that MS decide to dump a Vista-version of WGA on you in their update cycle. At that point you can bet that the key will be checked against the version, new tokens written, and bingo - lockout. The only reason you can activate at the moment is that the OS thinks it's a beta because of the patch, and the activation servers are not expecting live versions of Vista in the wild yet. I don't expect marking the licensing files read-only will work, either.

I'd expect MS to (a) start issuing beta keys to new requesters which won't work with the current patch, -b- fix the activation servers to be a bit more fussy, and -c- silently patch your system if you have been silly enough to enable automatic updates. Being locked out of your OS wouldn't be particularly funny.

I know in earlier builds of Vista people were activating over the phone saying that it was for XP and they were getting working keys. For a while MS must have gotten smart and they stopped taking requests for keys over the phone. They started not too long ago though, I wonder how many people will try that way again once MS opens up the activation servers. I wouldn't suggest trying that one, not only because it is illegal, :hysterical: but there's a good chance I think they would catch you this round and they will have a phone number and can get addresses and names from those numbers (unless you call from a pay phone, better yet, your neighbor's phone :hysterical: ). Just warning anyone that might be thinking of trying it, just go buy the real thing when it comes out.

| ____________________________________________________________________________ |

| | Proudly Presents: Microsoft Windows Vista RTM 32Bit & 64Bit AIO DVD | |

| |____________________________________________________________________________| |

| | | |

| | ________________________________________________________________________ | |

| | | Release Information [-][±][×]| | |

| | |_______________________________________________________________________ | | |

| | | Release Date.....: November 11, 2006 |^| | |

| | | Directory Name...: Microsoft.Windows.Vista.RTM.32Bit.and.64Bit.AIO. |¯| | |

| | | Supplier.........: Microsoft DVD.READ.NFO-WinBeta | | | |

| | | Type.............: OS | | | |

| | | Format.......... : DVD - ISO (will not work as bin/cue ) |-| | |

| | | Number of Discs..: 1 ||| | |

| | | Archives.........: 95 x 50 MB (2% rar recovery record) ||| | |

| | | Files............: wb-vista.aio.rxx |-| | |

| | | Protection.......: keys; Windows Product Activation | | | |

| | | Requirements.....: CPU: For 32Bit 1 GHz+ / RAM: 512MB+ / HDD: 10GB+ | | | |

| | | 64Bit 1.5GHz+ / RAM: 512MB+ / HDD: 15GB+ | | | |

| | | Link.............: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/ |_| | |

| | |______________________________________________________________________|v| | |

| | | WB | | |

| | |________________________________________________________________________| | |

| | | | |

| | |________________________________________________________________________ | |

| | | Release Notes [-][±][×]| | |

| | |_______________________________________________________________________ | | |

| | | |^| | |

| | | Windows Vista, the next generation OS from Microsoft is now RTM. |¯| | |

| | | This DVD includes both the 32Bit and 64Bit versions of Vista on 1 | | | |

| | | DVD. It is bootable into either the 32Bit or 64Bit setup and will |-| | |

| | | allow you to install any of the versions of Vista listed below: | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | Windows Vista Home Basic (x86) or (x64) | | | |

| | | Windows Vista Home Basic N (x86) or (x64) | | | |

| | | Windows Vista Home Premium (x86) or (x64) | | | |

| | | Windows Vista Business (x86) or (x64) | | | |

| | | Windows Vista Business N (x86) or (x64) | | | |

| | | Windows Vista Ultimate (x86) or (x64) | | | |

| | | Windows Vista Starter (x86) | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | You can also install Vista from another Windows via the autorun. | | | |

| | | However please note that you cannot install/start the x64 Vista | | | |

| | | setup from a 32bit/x86 Windows install, you must start it from an | | | |

| | | x64 install of Windows. | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | OEM/Retail versions are all available on the DVD depending on the | | | |

| | | type of key you enter. | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | Similar to our previous releases of Vista during the beta, | | | |

| | | we are providing 1 key that will install Vista. In this case, the | | | |

| | | key is an RTM universal key and will allow you to choose whichever | | | |

| | | version of Vista you wish to install. The key will however not | | | |

| | | activate Vista. The same key is also builtin to every Vista ISO by | | | |

| | | MS for trial/quick install purposes. | | | |

| | | For further info, see \sources\x86\sources\inf\setup.cfg on the ISO.| | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | Therefore, that means you can also choose to install Vista without | | | |

| | | a key by selecting Next during the cd-key prompt during Setup | | | |

| | | without entering a key, then pressing No for the popup window. It | | | |

| | | will make no difference to activation however and you will still | | | |

| | | have a limited period of time to use it. | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | Since Windows XP, Microsoft has instituted Windows Product | | | |

| | | Activation (WPA). This prevents any extended full usage of the | | | |

| | | Product beyond the allotted time, determined at install. We are NOT | | | |

| | | providing workarounds or 'fixes' for WPA. You are still required to | | | |

| | | activate your software within this time. While we are aware of | | | |

| | | possible workarounds in the wild that may work with Windows Vista, | | | |

| | | we suggest keeping yourself out of trouble. Most release groups | | | |

| | | will tell you, "if you like it buy it," we say the same. | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | Note: When selecting the version of Vista to install during Setup, | | | |

| | | you must select the type that corresponds to the architecture | | | |

| | | you selected prior to the start of Setup. (ie. if you choose | | | |

| | | the x64 Setup, you must select an x64 version from the list | | | |

| | | of Vistas to install.) |_| | |

| | | | | | |

| | | The build number for those interested is: 6000.16386.061101-2205 | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | | Nukers-This must remain an ISO or it will not extract or boot. | | | |

| | | | | | |

| | |______________________________________________________________________|v| | |

Hi...

This might not be the place for this so I apologize if it isnt...

I installed Viats RTM with the right key and when it boots it asks me for a key again, I type in the key

and it says invalid..this is the most recent version from PB. Cany anyone help or point me somewhere

I can get help? Thanks!