Download Vista RTM

rollcage

61 posts in this topic

Vista RTM has leaked onto thepiratebay. RTM is the final version of Vista that will be given to OEMs. The build number is 6000, a manual change by MS to mark that Vista is "Windows 6.0". Initial performance reports have been that it is much faster than any previous build (due to removal of debug code i'm sure). one person has even commented that it is faster than xp. This is the full install DVD, with all versions of Vista included.

Note: You will yet be able to activate this build as the activation servers are not working yet. when installing, choose to install without a product key. you will have 30 days from day of installation, but that should be plenty of time for a crack to appear. :2cents:

Since I can't post a direct link, go to thepiratebay and do a search for "Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Final-BillGates" (ignore quotes). Enjoy!!!

(i spoil you guys :D )

I'm used to keep my personal stuff (my whole user folder, mailboxes, and even my internet temporary files) into another partition than the OS's. So if I install Vista, configure it (drivers, programs and stuff) and then I do an image, will I be able to restore and use that image every 30 days or so?

I do the same with XP, in order to save time not having to reinstall the whole thing, but I don't know if Vista will allow it.

Thanks, I'm such a brat :lol:

Proteo, if Vista doesn't have trial checks or something to regulate the "no key" install, I don't see why not :pirate2:

yeah, i'm thinking that a lot of people did this with other build of vista, so they could upgrade from one build to the next with a clean install and not lose all their data.

While the release is the real RTM build, and the "activation crack" is working also, don't sideline Microsoft just yet. There's a reason that Vista isn't "official" for a long time to come - because they're prepared for this stuff that's already happening this morning.

It'll be interesting to see what they pull outta their hats, but if you suddenly find your Vista installation won't even boot anymore, maybe they had something to do with it <hint, hint>.

:)

bb

Friendly notice:

Folks, we here at InsanelyMac have specific policies against disseminating information pertinent to the illegal acquisition of software, "warez", and/or cracks enabling illegal acquisition/use of software. I will check with administration to see if this thread is an issue, but I strongly discourage you from talking about this kind of stuff in our forums. Thanks.

Friendly notice:

Folks, we here at InsanelyMac have specific policies against disseminating information pertinent to the illegal acquisition of software, "warez", and/or cracks enabling illegal acquisition/use of software. I will check with administration to see if this thread is an issue, but I strongly discourage you from talking about this kind of stuff in our forums. Thanks.

i have no problem with it if my post needs changed/deleted. i was trying to stay within those policies, sorry if i didn't :) i'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, just wanted to pass it along.

i have no problem with it if my post needs changed/deleted. i was trying to stay within those policies, sorry if i didn't :) i'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, just wanted to pass it along.

No problems so far. I'll let ya know if any arise. That was just a "mandatory" notice. ;)

omfg, already!?! M$ really didnt see this coming. the many millions they spent securin all this has just gone down the crapper. gutted. i have no reason to run vista neways. i just dont understand whats so good about it. may run it in a vm just for bragging reasons LOL

jordn

While the release is the real RTM build, and the "activation crack" is working also, don't sideline Microsoft just yet. There's a reason that Vista isn't "official" for a long time to come - because they're prepared for this stuff that's already happening this morning.

It'll be interesting to see what they pull outta their hats, but if you suddenly find your Vista installation won't even boot anymore, maybe they had something to do with it .

:thumbsdown_anim:

bb

Perhaps for the first update, but not for the release. RTM means Release to Manufacturer. Once it's on disk it's hard to change :P

Isn't x32 and x64 and all editions all combined on one dvd? Hmm, I will check now.

i know in the file in the download is one or the other. i don't know about the discs that you will have to buy, i don't think they could fit all versions of both x86 and x64 on one disc.